TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Terlingua Side Exit Exhaust for the SGT?

Does anyone know why the Terlingua side exhaust is not compatible with the SGT but is with the GT500? Is it the x-pipe on the SGT that prevents it from being a simple bolt on?

I'm running mufferless now so I've considered having a local muffler shop bend up some custom side exhaust to mimmic the Terligua, thou speed bumps concern me.

I will have to crawl underneath of both of them and look for sure. And it is not just speed bumps, you have to be careful of any drastic elevation changes also.

You were at the Shelby 350 just a few cars down from us, right? Sorry I didn't get a chance to come down and talk to you, I meant too.

Yes, I was there. I spoke briefly to the Mrs. and she mentioned speedbumps when I asked if she had issues with them through transitions on the track. Good point with the elevation change. I'll have to take some clearance measurements for the threshold into my garage.

I had given up on the idea of side exhaust until the BOSS was introduced. I'm curious what is the difference in ride hieght between the two. I figured with a side pipe that is flatter similar to NASCAR side exhaust that it might be livable.

As a Terlingua owner, I would advise to not do the side exhaust. They are such a pain in day to day driving. Yes, they look cool, but they drag on dang near anything lol. At Terlingua, I noticed that two of us had switched from the side exhaust back to dual rears. I am thinking about doing that as well; it is that much of a pain :happy feet:

As a Terlingua owner, I would advise to not do the side exhaust. They are such a pain in day to day driving. Yes, they look cool, but they drag on dang near anything lol. At Terlingua, I noticed that two of us had switched from the side exhaust back to dual rears. I am thinking about doing that as well; it is that much of a pain :happy feet:

i was behind Leann comeing back from the bash last year out in the boonies and witnessed her bottoming out a couple times and watching the sparks fly

The sacrifices needed to look cool. :banghead:

I think Cervinis has a side exhaust kit that actually comes out in the side skirts instead of below them...I've looked at it a few times and though that would be better, but our cars just sit so low that I'm sure they'll scrape at some point as well...I pulled into a car wash a few weeks ago, and scraped everything on the bottom just trying to get in and rinse the bugs off of the car....sometimes I wish I had airbags so I could raise and lower it at will....

Archived