TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Lack of response, from Shelby Performance

wgw242

I am a relatively new member of Team Shelby. I recently purchased a Shelby short-shift kit for my 2010 GT500. When it arrived, it did not have any installation instructions with it. I called in to Shelby Performance [sP] and they said they would send me a download. They were prompt, and I proceeded with the installation.

I followed the instructions, and everything went fine until the shift boot had to be removed. The instructions said to pull the boot assembly up and out of the console. Wrong directions. I pulled and the alcantara boot and ABS plastic mount assembly ripped and broke. I went to the Roush site and found a download for their shift assembly, and sure enough the 2010 is clearly a different installation.

I called SB the next day, and was told the download was only good thru 2009. I told them that was their problem, as they represented that this kit was for a 2010. I was then told the manager was not in, but was assured that they would be in touch with me. I waited a week and called again. I was informed that they would call me within the week. That was two weeks ago.

I have purchased over $1000.00 worth of items from SP. I feel they made the error, and they should make good on it. Since they have not responded, I guess I am out of luck. I thought Carroll Shelby ran a first class business. I guess I was wrong.

They have lost me as a customer.

BILL WHITE, member #: 5933

Venice, Florida

I am a relatively new member of Team Shelby. I recently purchased a Shelby short-shift kit for my 2010 GT500. When it arrived, it did not have any installation instructions with it. I called in to Shelby Performance [sP] and they said they would send me a download. They were prompt, and I proceeded with the installation.

I followed the instructions, and everything went fine until the shift boot had to be removed. The instructions said to pull the boot assembly up and out of the console. Wrong directions. I pulled and the alcantara boot and ABS plastic mount assembly ripped and broke. I went to the Roush site and found a download for their shift assembly, and sure enough the 2010 is clearly a different installation.

I called SB the next day, and was told the download was only good thru 2009. I told them that was their problem, as they represented that this kit was for a 2010. I was then told the manager was not in, but was assured that they would be in touch with me. I waited a week and called again. I was informed that they would call me within the week. That was two weeks ago.

I have purchased over $1000.00 worth of items from SP. I feel they made the error, and they should make good on it. Since they have not responded, I guess I am out of luck. I thought Carroll Shelby ran a first class business. I guess I was wrong.

They have lost me as a customer.

BILL WHITE, member #: 5933

Venice, Florida

I will have my staff Call you tomorrow. I we where out of the office all week last week at Sema I told our Staff to refund your money on the item and have it returned. I am sorry that this was not told to you.

Sharon

Edited by sharon