TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What about CSM numbers for documented CS6 / CS8 vehicles ?

SHELBYCS6

Just because an SAI employee didn't install these component parts, they are still the same component parts....if the vehicle is completed to the letter then the CSM number should apply.......a GT-500 with a Super Snake hood is not a Super Snake..but..If you purchase every single Super Snake component part and install them yourself they will still provide the CSM once the final touches are complete and you will get credit off the package for everything you installed so what's the difference.

the following above statement is why CS6 or CS8 customers do NOT have a CSM number,(and in my opinion, do not deserve a CSM number). THEY WERE NOT BUILT BY SA AT SA.

(copied from above)

...a GT-500 with a Super Snake hood is not a Super Snake..but..If you purchase every single Super Snake component part and install them yourself they will still provide the CSM once the final touches are complete and you will get credit off the package for everything you installed so what's the difference.

Wrong, you cannot buy the SS parts and build your own SS, it is only a SS if it was built by SA or one of the Mod Shops. It would only be a modified GT500.

Not trying to piss you off, but come on, if you want a CSM number buy a Shelby built by Shelby.

Chris

Edited by 07SGT4578

I'd have to say I agree with Chris. CSM numbers are for Shelby built vehicles. How about all the guys that supercharged their Shelby GT's at local Ford dealers or in their garages - they did not get a Shelby GT/SC authentication plate or certificate from Shelby authenticating the car as a GT/SC.

Sorry, but that's just my opinion. Adding genuine Shelby parts is a nice touch, but it doesn't make the vehicle a Shelby.

By the way, how many CS/6 and CS/8's were built by Shelby American? Anyone know?

Here is a link to some CS/6 and CS/8's at Sean Hyland Performance. They mention they come with a dash plaque. http://www.shelbycars.ca/shelby_mustang_cs8.html

Edited by springer

I'd have to say I agree with Chris. CSM numbers are for Shelby built vehicles. How about all the guys that supercharged their Shelby GT's at local Ford dealers or in their garages - they did not get a Shelby GT/SC authentication plate or certificate from Shelby authenticating the car as a GT/SC.

Sorry, but that's just my opinion. Adding genuine Shelby parts is a nice touch, but it doesn't make the vehicle a Shelby.

By the way, how many CS/6 and CS/8's were built by Shelby American? Anyone know?

Here is a link to some CS/6 and CS/8's at Sean Hyland Performance. They mention they come with a dash plaque. http://www.shelbycars.ca/shelby_mustang_cs8.html

What Sean Hyland mentions as a dash plaque should not be confused with a serialized CSM plaque from SAI.

Steve

Edited by SHELBYCS6

the following above statement is why CS6 or CS8 customers do NOT have a CSM number,(and in my opinion, do not deserve a CSM number). THEY WERE NOT BUILT BY SA AT SA.

(copied from above)

...a GT-500 with a Super Snake hood is not a Super Snake..but..If you purchase every single Super Snake component part and install them yourself they will still provide the CSM once the final touches are complete and you will get credit off the package for everything you installed so what's the difference.

Wrong, you cannot buy the SS parts and build your own SS, it is only a SS if it was built by SA or one of the Mod Shops. It would only be a modified GT500.

Not trying to piss you off, but come on, if you want a CSM number buy a Shelby built by Shelby.

Chris

Edited by SHELBYCS6

Sorry but I have to chirp in on this.....I asked Shelby about building my CS6 - they didn't even bother to reply. Apparently spending $28,000 doesn't warrant a reply...so come on if Shelby would actually bother to even make an attempt at customer service I'd have had it built there but it still wouldn't have been given a CSM.

As for the car not deserving a CSM or not being a proper Shelby I challenge anyone to come & look at my CS6 and tell me that to my face after you see the level of workmanship on the car. A best in class at the International Mustang Meet (Non Production Shelby '06-'09) tells the story - several very nice SuperSnakes, KR's and modified GT500's were in the same class.

Not wishing to start a pissing contest but my car is very deserving of being a "Proper Shelby" as is Randy's '06. If it makes people feel better to think that their car is better than mine then so be it. Personally I can appreciate every car enthusiasts car and would never dream of saying their pride and joy was not deserving...hopefully that doesn't make me less deserving of being on here.

This is issue has hit so many times. Putting Shelby parts on a stock Mustang, whether it is a late model or early classic, never makes it equal to be titled as a factory prepared car. It is still a great Mustang, just not a SAI factory car. Same with a Saleen or Roush Mustang or using Ford Racing parts to make a clone FR500. It does not have the repoduction pedigree. The monies spent does not matter. So enjoy the wonderful ride that you have built and put on all the stickers that you want, but it shouldn't never get a factory build number because you or some othe non-SAI shop put it together.

This is issue has hit so many times. Putting Shelby parts on a stock Mustang, whether it is a late model or early classic, never makes it equal to be titled as a factory prepared car. It is still a great Mustang, just not a SAI factory car. Same with a Saleen or Roush Mustang or using Ford Racing parts to make a clone FR500. It does not have the repoduction pedigree. The monies spent does not matter. So enjoy the wonderful ride that you have built and put on all the stickers that you want, but it shouldn't never get a factory build number because you or some othe non-SAI shop put it together.

You seem to be a little ill informed as to what the CS cars actually are. The turn2 CS6/8 cars are not just an appearance package or just stickers that we put on...my CS6 will put a lot of Mustang GT's, Shelby GT's and GTH's to shame in performance and handling...maybe the stickers are boosting my horsepower numbers??

I don't want to lower myself to the level of people who think their car is the only true Shelby and all others are inferior.

Am I upset that my car doesn't have a CSM? No, not really. What bothers me is that SAI show such disdain for their own product that they relegate the CS cars to the sidelines...they don't answer e-mails asking about them and they don't seem to be able to ship a complete package without screwing it up and taking 4 months to get all the parts delivered.

Am I bothered by comments like yours? A little bit but more because I wonder why someone on a car enthusiasts website would be so disrespectful of someone else's vehicle - beyond that you have an opinion and are entitled to it but should remember that somethings are best left unsaid.

Is my car a true Shelby? Let's see..the package was, eventually, supplied by Shelby...it's on the registry and has a certificate of authenticity...there is/was one in the Shelby Museum and there are several pages on the CS cars in Shelby books. If you still think it's not a real Shelby because it doesn't have a CSM I suggest you approach the subject with the GT500 boys as well as seeming disrespectful to the few CS owners on here (shhhh, don't tell anyone but the GT500's don't have a CSM either, by your logic that doesn't make them real either).

You seem to be a little ill informed as to what the CS cars actually are. The turn2 CS6/8 cars are not just an appearance package or just stickers that we put on...my CS6 will put a lot of Mustang GT's, Shelby GT's and GTH's to shame in performance and handling...maybe the stickers are boosting my horsepower numbers??

I don't want to lower myself to the level of people who think their car is the only true Shelby and all others are inferior.

Am I upset that my car doesn't have a CSM? No, not really. What bothers me is that SAI show such disdain for their own product that they relegate the CS cars to the sidelines...they don't answer e-mails asking about them and they don't seem to be able to ship a complete package without screwing it up and taking 4 months to get all the parts delivered.

Am I bothered by comments like yours? A little bit but more because I wonder why someone on a car enthusiasts website would be so disrespectful of someone else's vehicle - beyond that you have an opinion and are entitled to it but should remember that somethings are best left unsaid.

Is my car a true Shelby? Let's see..the package was, eventually, supplied by Shelby...it's on the registry and has a certificate of authenticity...there is/was one in the Shelby Museum and there are several pages on the CS cars in Shelby books. If you still think it's not a real Shelby because it doesn't have a CSM I suggest you approach the subject with the GT500 boys as well as seeming disrespectful to the few CS owners on here (shhhh, don't tell anyone but the GT500's don't have a CSM either, by your logic that doesn't make them real either).

e]

Edited by SHELBYCS6

(copied from above)

Chris

HEY 07SGT4578,

Nice CS6 hood you got there!!!

You guys make me laugh or ..... sick.

HEY 07SGT4578,

Nice CS6 hood you got there!!!

You guys make me laugh or ..... sick.

Look again, it's a Deep Draw hood, and its functional. It was also installed at the mod shop, along with all the other goodies on my car. Nice try though. :jackinbox:

Look again, it's a Deep Draw hood, and its functional. It was also installed at the mod shop, along with all the other goodies on my car. Nice try though. :jackinbox:

Dude, That is a GT-H/CS6 hood that has been modified to be functional. It was modified for the Terlingua not the SGT. If it was not for the GT-H and the CS6 there wouldn't be any Shelby GT's,KR's or Terlingua's. For someone with as many posts as you I wouldn't think you would need a history lesson.

Your CSM (serial #) is tied to your car being a SGT (1 of xxxxx) number of cars produced that year. Once you deviate (modify) from that platform, in my opinion, you are a modified Mustang.

For guys like Randy & U K Pony that have stuck to the platform for a CS6 as described by Shelby & registered by Shelby should be entitled to a CSM.

I choose to modify my CS6, even though I have a turn 1 CS6 and would not expect a CSM. I like the fact that my CS6-X is one of a kind and I have plenty of "best of show" awards to prove it.

Dude, That is a GT-H/CS6 hood that has been modified to be functional. It was modified for the Terlingua not the SGT. If it was not for the GT-H and the CS6 there wouldn't be any Shelby GT's,KR's or Terlingua's. For someone with as many posts as you I wouldn't think you would need a history lesson.

Your CSM (serial #) is tied to your car being a SGT (1 of xxxxx) number of cars produced that year. Once you deviate (modify) from that platform, in my opinion, you are a modified Mustang.

For guys like Randy & U K Pony that have stuck to the platform for a CS6 as described by Shelby & registered by Shelby should be entitled to a CSM.

I choose to modify my CS6, even though I have a turn 1 CS6 and would not expect a CSM. I like the fact that my CS6-X is one of a kind and I have plenty of "best of show" awards to prove it.

This will be my last post here, as I do not wish to stay in this pissing match. The CS6/8 cars never have received a CSM number, nor will they. I responded to the OP for only one reason, that was to correct the misinformation that was being posted. The information that I stated in my posts is accurate. The CS package never has been advertised to come with a CSM number, another fact. Also, maybe a history lesson is needed on your part. The deep draw hood was available on several Shelby packages, and still is.

I will reiterate my statement again. In order to have a CSM number given to a car, it must be converted by Shelby or an authorized mod shop. Excluding the CS6/8, which include a turn 1 or a turn 2 badge once signed off by Shelby as a complete CS6/8

Chris.

This will be my last post here, as I do not wish to stay in this pissing match. The CS6/8 cars never have received a CSM number, nor will they. I responded to the OP for only one reason, that was to correct the misinformation that was being posted. The information that I stated in my posts is accurate. The CS package never has been advertised to come with a CSM number, another fact. Also, maybe a history lesson is needed on your part. The deep draw hood was available on several Shelby packages, and still is.

I will reiterate my statement again. In order to have a CSM number given to a car, it must be converted by Shelby or an authorized mod shop. Excluding the CS6/8, which include a turn 1 or a turn 2 badge once signed off by Shelby as a complete CS6/8

Chris.

Here are the FACTS.

The CS6 Mustang @ the 2005 SEMA show paved the way for your precious CSM SGT. That's a FACT.

If not for the huge interest in Mr Shelby's performance V6 you might not be driving your SGT with the GT-H/CS6 hood. You are correct that the SR and other models can get the hood, but I know for a FACT it wasn't offered in a 07 SGT.

Most of the CS6/CS8's on this board was planning their conversions when Shelby was still planning on building these @ SAI, way before the SGT was on the drawing board. That's a FACT.

You have a great looking Shelby but so do I and all the other CS6/CS8's.

Show some respect & gratitude Dude.

Chris.

Edited by SHELBYCS6

What part of " they are building these cars at mod shops" did you not understand ??

This is the point of my rally toward the CSM.

I can take a V6 / GT Mustang to SHM today, drop it off and have a complete CS6 or CS8 built at a Shelby authorized shop.

Now...once again...if they are building these factory offered vehicles at factory authorized mod shops then why no C.S.M. ?????

You are talking out of both sides of your mouth here...on one side your suggesting no mod shop or SAI build no CSM and on the other your all for CSM numbers if they are built at an authorized shop......???????... but here is exactly that scenario and your still against it ?? I can't understand that logic...

To settle this, NO authorized Modification Center Builds CSM NUMBERED CS6 or CS8 cars.

The CS6 and CS8's were originally to be sold through Shelby as numbered cars and very few were produced. The program became a home builder program with parts sold in complete or partial kit form to be completed by the owner. The CS6-8 cars can be built by anyone or any shop WITHOUT a CSM number.

Roger

To settle this, NO authorized Modification Center Builds CSM NUMBERED CS6 or CS8 cars.

The CS6 and CS8's were originally to be sold through Shelby as numbered cars and very few were produced. The program became a home builder program with parts sold in complete or partial kit form to be completed by the owner. The CS6-8 cars can be built by anyone or any shop WITHOUT a CSM number.

Roger

Thank you Roger. I was starting to become confused here, with mis-information in some of these posts.

Roger

Edited by SHELBYCS6

For you guys with the CS6/8 on here, you sure are getting pretty upset for not having a CSM, when you guys stated that "YOU DONT REALLY CARE OR ARE UPSET BECAUSE YOU DONT HAVE ONE"

now with that said, I look at the issue two ways:

1- If your car is recognized by the registry as a Shelby (Like The GT500's who also do not have a CSM), then who cares, its still a Shelby right?

2- If I took a 1966 K code fastback and purchased NOS parts from a guy who parted out his Shelby, I did all the stuff myself and NOBODY could tell teh difference, whould it still be a FACTORY AUTHORIZED SHELBY? the answer is NO, it would be a nice tribute.

I would stick with # 1, and enjoy your Shelby , factory built or not.

i once considered a CS6, but I wanted a factory PRE-Title Shelby like the 60's, that is why i purchased mine and not a GT500 or CS6/8, it was never about the CSM, but its a nice touch.

For you guys with the CS6/8 on here, you sure are getting pretty upset for not having a CSM, when you guys stated that "YOU DONT REALLY CARE OR ARE UPSET BECAUSE YOU DONT HAVE ONE"

1- If your car is recognized by the registry as a Shelby (Like The GT500's who also do not have a CSM), then who cares, its still a Shelby right?

2- If I took a 1966 K code fastback and purchased NOS parts from a guy who parted out his Shelby, I did all the stuff myself and NOBODY could tell teh difference, whould it still be a FACTORY AUTHORIZED SHELBY? the answer is NO, it would be a nice tribute.

i once considered a CS6, but I wanted a factory PRE-Title Shelby like the 60's, that is why i purchased mine and not a GT500 or CS6/8, it was never about the CSM, but its a nice touch.

I agree a 100% with point #1.

#2 is the sticking point because factory authorized Shelby mod shops ARE producing CS6/CS8's.

speaking for myself, I don't expect or want for that matter a CSM# what I take issue with is members throwing their CSM#'s in our face saying we don't deserve this or that CS6/CS8"s are not real Shelby's.

We paved the way for all that came after and should have the respect we have earned.

love both of your Shelby's, SGT-C rocks!!!

Edited by SHELBYCS6

Wow.... between this and the "i want my original parts that were replaced during upfitting" threads, I'm just floored how people see things.

Nobody forced anybody to buy a cs6/cs8. There was never any illusion that you could get a csm for it. I think I should get a blower for free since the SGT clearly should have come with one, I mean, where's the respect with just 319hp??? any of you CS8 guys, I'll trade you my csm for the paxton setup, cool?

Personally, I think the simplest solution, is for SA to offer the CSM. It should be at the low low introductory price of $24,999.99. Act now, and they will throw in free shipping to have the car sent to vegas and back for the thorough inspection process to certify the car. But wait, that's not all, call in the next 30 minutes, and you will get not one, but TWO CSM's on your car, that right, TWO for just $24,999.99! Just call our toll free number, 1-800-dontchangetherulesafteryouveboughtsomethingandtrytonegotiateformoreafterthefact, and the first 100 callers will also get to walk thru the warehouse where all the take-off parts were kept since the sgt program, where you can just take as much as you want! Call now, operators are standing by!

Wow.... between this and the "i want my original parts that were replaced during upfitting" threads, I'm just floored how people see things.

Nobody forced anybody to buy a cs6/cs8. There was never any illusion that you could get a csm for it. I think I should get a blower for free since the SGT clearly should have come with one, I mean, where's the respect with just 319hp??? any of you CS8 guys, I'll trade you my csm for the paxton setup, cool?

Personally, I think the simplest solution, is for SA to offer the CSM. It should be at the low low introductory price of $24,999.99. Act now, and they will throw in free shipping to have the car sent to vegas and back for the thorough inspection process to certify the car. But wait, that's not all, call in the next 30 minutes, and you will get not one, but TWO CSM's on your car, that right, TWO for just $24,999.99! Just call our toll free number, 1-800-dontchangetherulesafteryouveboughtsomethingandtrytonegotiateformoreafterthefact, and the first 100 callers will also get to walk thru the warehouse where all the take-off parts were kept since the sgt program, where you can just take as much as you want! Call now, operators are standing by!

Edited by SHELBYCS6

I agree with point #1 whole heartedly that is why I say that it doesn't bother me that I don't have a CSM on my car. Unfortunately what the majority of posters on this thread have shown is that there are a lot of snobs on here who believe their car is better than ours because of a CSM.

I see that the OP has deleted all of their comments, a shame because while some were slightly antagonistic they were essentially correct. When I was looking at purchasing the CS6 upgrade I couldn't get a single reply from SAI so went to talk with Sean Hyland Motorsports in Ontario. They could build my car for me but it wouldn't get a CSM despite their "official mod shop" status - I'll point out that at first they believed it would be given a CSM and had to retract the statement. The question then becomes why are the CS cars being treated a second class Shelby's by the company that makes them? I don't see it as being an unreasonable question to ask.

My car was built locally since it made no difference to it's status on the registry so it will never qualify for a CSM. I don't care about that but the individuals that chose to post some very disrespectful and factually incorrect (hp #'s, and build locations to name two) comments about the CS cars really annoy me. This is meant to be an enthusiasts website. To me a car enthusiast would never & should nnever display the behaviour shown on here. I'm glad I didn't spend money to join the ranks of the type of people who feel they have the right to hide behind their keyboard and show an utter lack of class. I know no-one will look back at their posts and admit they were wrong so I'm not expecting people to apologise but I do hope that one day I'll be able to attend a track event and show them what a CS6 can do.

I agree with point #1 whole heartedly that is why I say that it doesn't bother me that I don't have a CSM on my car. Unfortunately what the majority of posters on this thread have shown is that there are a lot of snobs on here who believe their car is better than ours because of a CSM.

I see that the OP has deleted all of their comments, a shame because while some were slightly antagonistic they were essentially correct. When I was looking at purchasing the CS6 upgrade I couldn't get a single reply from SAI so went to talk with Sean Hyland Motorsports in Ontario. They could build my car for me but it wouldn't get a CSM despite their "official mod shop" status - I'll point out that at first they believed it would be given a CSM and had to retract the statement. The question then becomes why are the CS cars being treated a second class Shelby's by the company that makes them? I don't see it as being an unreasonable question to ask.

My car was built locally since it made no difference to it's status on the registry so it will never qualify for a CSM. I don't care about that but the individuals that chose to post some very disrespectful and factually incorrect (hp #'s, and build locations to name two) comments about the CS cars really annoy me. This is meant to be an enthusiasts website. To me a car enthusiast would never & should nnever display the behaviour shown on here. I'm glad I didn't spend money to join the ranks of the type of people who feel they have the right to hide behind their keyboard and show an utter lack of class. I know no-one will look back at their posts and admit they were wrong so I'm not expecting people to apologise but I do hope that one day I'll be able to attend a track event and show them what a CS6 can do.

I did not know that these were built at an AUTHORIZED MOD SHOP, so I do see your point.

WOW...

Let me just say how refreshing it is to see a SGT that actually looks Factory Correct and doesn't have borrowed parts from other Shelby platforms.

You are incorrect about the promise (not the illusion) of a CSM#, if you look @ Roger's post the CS6 was originally going to be the FIRST publicly CSM Mustang offered by SAI. I know this because I was on the list. When the decision was made (by Ford) not to produce the CS6, letters/emails were sent out explaining what happened and that were offering the CS6 now as a enthusiast kit (the only one Shelby has ever offered).I started purchasing my conversion kit in late 06 knowing full well there would be no CSM because as stated many times (by SGT owners) THEY WERE NOT BUILT BY SHELBY.

NOW THEY ARE BEING BUILT BY SHELBY or AUTHORIZED SHELBY MOD SHOPS.

Those of us CS6/CS8 owners that have done our conversions don't expect a CSM#, But for the new CS6/CS8's being built by these Shelby authorized mod shops should be entitled to one.

WOW...

Let me just say how refreshing it is to see a SGT that actually looks Factory Correct and doesn't have borrowed parts from other Shelby platforms.

You are incorrect about the promise (not the illusion) of a CSM#, if you look @ Roger's post the CS6 was originally going to be the FIRST publicly CSM Mustang offered by SAI. I know this because I was on the list. When the decision was made (by Ford) not to produce the CS6, letters/emails were sent out explaining what happened and that were offering the CS6 now as a enthusiast kit (the only one Shelby has ever offered).I started purchasing my conversion kit in late 06 knowing full well there would be no CSM because as stated many times (by SGT owners) THEY WERE NOT BUILT BY SHELBY.

NOW THEY ARE BEING BUILT BY SHELBY or AUTHORIZED SHELBY MOD SHOPS.

Those of us CS6/CS8 owners that have done our conversions don't expect a CSM#, But for the new CS6/CS8's being built by these Shelby authorized mod shops should be entitled to one.

That's even crazier to me, you would be killing the value of your existing cs's by fighting for future builds to be numbered.... I do see the point about other models built by mod shops getting different treatment, but if I had bought a cs, and then later the csm was offered for new builds, I would be PISSED! Like I said though, I love the cs cars, just decided the sgt was for me!

That's even crazier to me, you would be killing the value of your existing cs's by fighting for future builds to be numbered.... I do see the point about other models built by mod shops getting different treatment, but if I had bought a cs, and then later the csm was offered for new builds, I would be PISSED! Like I said though, I love the cs cars, just decided the sgt was for me!

It's not crazy, that's not how I look at my car and I think one of the biggest problems with current Shelby owners, they can't see past their CSM's .

To me the history of the CS6/CS8 platform has been lost, Like I said before if not for this Sonic Blue V6 in the 2005 SEMA show the modern Shelby would look a lot different.

Ask yourself, why did Shelby take a bone stock V6 and create a performance Shelby V6 known as the CS6, why not a GT. My guess is they didn't know for sure how it would go over and if it flopped they'd only be out the price of a V6.

But it didn't flop, the exact opposite happened, it was a huge hit so much so that it was voted the 4th or 5th best car @ the show, A V6 mind you.

My point of all this is that car (CS6) opened the eyes of a lot of people at that show, namely Ford.

I'm proud to own this car with no CSM but an important part of modern Shelby history and just would like to see future CS6/CS8's get what is owed.