4. Who has the most mods. gt500flyboy

5. First 605 hp SS. Kevin07 XL0226 kick-off party #2-15

6. Best interior gt500flyboy

7. Best under the hood. torch40

8. Most unique. frankc5601 Prototype white stripes, sold at BJ for $137,500

9. Most collectable. Jdaallen kick-off party #1-15

10. Lowest mileage . Jdaallen 7 miles kick-off party #1-15

11. Highest mileage. 46,000 Shelby 65 Mustang

12.. Biggest tires. bradenbb with 11'' 305's, 2010 FLYBOY 285s front and 315s rear

13. Who posts the best responses. torch 40

14. Who shows off their car the most. gt500flyboy

15. Which State has the most 40th's. Texas ?

16. Best 40th proud Mom of a wounded Warrior. msmap

17. Most dedicated member. Slabo

18. the only 40th vert with a "SuperSnake" scripted Kenne Bell. SSSNAKE

19. Highest CSM # XL0500

20. First member to close his garage door on a 40th. corbrafan kick-off party #3-15

21. First member ticketed trailering his 40th. Slabo

22. First 40th signed by Carroll Shelby. # 07XL0001 Steve Davis

23. Best mystery 40th: 08XL0280. ?

24. First 2007 40th Anniversary hybrid 1968-2008. SSSNAKE

25. First CSM# 40th Steve Davis, from Barrett-Jackson, CSM #07XL0001

26. Most sets of tires gone thru. Shelby 65 Mustang, on 4th set of tires!

27. last 40th built with Bud at the helm, msmap XL0417

28. Last 40th produced CSM # ????

29. First 40th with quad exhaust: Shelby #18 Rick

30. Best 40th driving skills and car: 07REDGT500 Anton and Bob

31. Farthest 40th distance traveled inside USA to a Shelby Event : Slabo

32. Farthest 40th distance traveled outside USA, Shelby Europe Run: MY500SS + 07REDGT500

33. Best 40th displayed at Carlisle: GT500FLYBOY

34. Participating 40th's in the world record gathering of Shelbys at Carlisle: SSSNAKE, GT500FLYBOY, SLABO, 07REDGT500, BLONDIEPA, GT67

35. Only 40th that was not Post-Titled, MSO only.Jdaallen kick-off party #1-15

36. Who has worked on, modified, bought/sold/consigned, done the most preventative maintenance, and fixed the most Razor wheels of all the 40th's? VAPOR08GT500 Alex

Four 40th Anniversary cars have the 427 package.

USAICHRIS. White, XL0061

GT67, White, XL0067

JERZYSTANG. Red, XL????

????????????

Two 40th Anniversary cars have Red Corbras

07-shlb

GT67

Party of 15

1 of 15 John Allen 21-May-07 CMS 07XL0064
2 of 15 8-Jun-07 CMS O7XL0226
3 of 15 8-Jun-07 CMS O7XL0151
4 of 15 11-Jun-07 CMS O7XL0300
5 of 15 12-Jun-07 CMS O7XL0224
6 of 15 12-Jun-07 CMS O7XL0245
7 of 15 13-Jun-07 CMS O7XL0100
8 of 15 13-Jun-07 CMS O7XL0044
9 of 15 13-Jun-07 CMS O7XL0017
10 of 15 15-Jun-07 CMS O7XL0223
11 0f 15 17-Jun-07 CMS O7XL0175
12 of 15 18-Jun-07 CMS O7XL0222
13 of 15 18-Jun-07 CMS O7XL0200
14 of 15 19-Jun-07 CMS O7XL0080
15 of 15 29-Jun-07 CMS O7XL0264

Sales

370 miles, White Coupe, $70,000 + commission $7,000 = $77,000

10/20/16 Barrett Jackson, https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/2007-FORD-SHELBY-GT500-CONVERTIBLE-205914

480 miles, Black Vert, $80,000 + commission $8000 = $88,000

8/14/14 Russo&Steele Auctions http://www.russoandsteele.com/collector-car/2007-Ford-Shelby-GT500/93961

VIN: 1ZVHT88S575275498 Miles ??? Tungsten Coupe $59950+10% commision $65,950

3/15/14 Auctions American http://auctionsamerica.com/events/feature-lots.cfm?SaleCode=FL14&ID=r0523&Order=&feature=&stillforsale=&grouping=&collection=&category=

CSM #0170 Miles 3000, White Vert, $60,000 + Commision

12/19/12 Ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item2578b6e0c8
CSM #0099 230 miles, White Coupe, $60,000

1/20/12 Barrett Jackson http://www.barrett-j...7&aid=443&pop=0
CSM #0148, 88 miles, black, Vert, $82,500

9/17/11 Mecum Auctions
5,000 miles, Black Vert, $45,000 + 10% buyers commission =$49,500 http://www.mecum.com...Row=131=

April,2011, Private
CSM #0223 mileage 1319, Blue Vert, $53,000 #10 of the 15 = $53,000

1/19/11 Barrett-Jackson http://www.barrett-j...24.1&pop=0&it=1
CSM #167, 1862 miles. Tungstun Coupe, $50,000+10% seller commission = $55,000

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, who has the the first 40th actually signed my Carroll?

It would be one of the Party of 15. John or Todd may know who was first in the line-up. I was like 6 or 7. Date was November 1, 2007 and Mr. Shelby actually sat in the cars to sign them.

MrShelbyDonsCar3.jpg

LineofCars3-1.jpg

You left one out....

Who had the 2008 that accidently got the 40th package? Thats got to be the most unique!

I remember that car was at a dealer and Amy somehow got it back and took the 40th package off. Did that happened? If not, it sure would be a one of. I don't believe the car was returned, it was a accident that happened on purpose by someone. MM had something like that happen with the Shelby letters. What ever happened to Michael? Last we heard from him was months ago waiting for a GT350.

I remember that car was at a dealer and Amy somehow got it back and took the 40th package off. Did that happened? If not, it sure would be a one of. I don't believe the car was returned, it was a accident that happened on purpose by someone. MM had something like that happen with the Shelby letters. What ever happened to Michael? Last we heard from him was months ago waiting for a GT350.

His father sold their dealership. According to Grabber he's working there for the new owner.

Yeah, I talked to MM a couple weeks ago, he wanted to know how I was enjoying the 350. He has had a lot of things going on lately, so thats why he hasnt been very active, but I did see a post from him not too long ago.

Thanks Andy and Warren on the info on MM. I did find that 08 with the 40th Anniversary package. It's CSM # XL0280 1ZVHT89S985164145. I will add it to the list as the Best mystery 08 40th. I guess that's why they call us the forgotten ones.

http://www.teamshelb...+%2Banniversary

I'm starting to think the GT350 isn't toooooooooo Butt Ugly.

I came up with this idea a few months back and after seeing Don's guess the correct number game thought I would give it a go. While we wait for Roger, lets have some fun and help me fill in who has what. Feel free to add more categories, this is just a starting point.

And the nominees are

1. Who has the most horsepower. corbrafan

2. Who has the most mods. gt500flyboy

3. Best track car. my500SS

4.Best interior gt500flyboy

5. Best under the hood. torch40

6. Most unique. frankc5601

7.Most collectable. Jdaallen

8. Lowest mileage . Jdaallen 7 miles

9. Highest mileage. ?

10. Biggest tires. bradenbb with 11'' 305's,

11. Who posts the best responses. torch 40

12.Who shows off their car the most. gt500flyboy

13. Which State has the most 40th's. Texas

14. Best 40th mother. msmap

15. Hardest working member. Slabo

16. Who has the biggest garage. dukenrock

17. Highest CSM # msmap #417

18. First member to close his garage door on a 40th. corbrafan

19. First member ticketed trailering his 40th. Slabo

20. First 40th signed by Carroll Shelby. ?

21. Best mystery 08 40th XL0280

I like this thread. I'm going to have to work hard on the appropriate responses. It's just nice to see our forum actually get some action

You left one out....

Who had the 2008 that accidently got the 40th package? Thats got to be the most unique!

I have a screen shot of this auction (if I can find it). It had chrome wheels and was inadvertently converted to a 40th instead of a SS as the dealership sent a number of cars to be converted and the VIN’s apparently got mixed up and the wrong car was upgraded. The car was subsequently returned to Shelby and (I believe) "re-converted" into a SS. This would be one to look for the Shelby purist/unique car search crowd.

The fact that these "Shelby anomalies" always seem to somehow find their way into existence make things much more interesting and although Shelby's opinion may differ, I think it's good for the brand (as long as it doesn’t get out of control).

Oh almost forgot, I believe you may have to create another category just for me. I have a 2007 40th Anniversary hybrid:

ShelbyTasca_pictures_001.jpg

This photo was taken of the front of my car after being noticed by a tech at my dealership when the car was in for service. The rest of the car is all 2007 40th. Tasca is still "working on it" (among other things) a year later.

Oh almost forgot, I believe you may have to create another category just for me. I have a 2007 40th Anniversary hybrid:

ShelbyTasca_pictures_001.jpg

This photo was taken of the front of my car after being noticed by a tech at my dealership when the car was in for service. The rest of the car is all 2007 40th. Tasca is still "working on it" (among other things) a year later.

That's cool! You should get the right one but leave the current one on the car.

That's cool! You should get the right one but leave the current one on the car.

Yes sir, that's the plan but I'm still working on getting everything else I was supposed to get as I've probably expended $20,000 in labor/exasperation getting them so far.

So does this qualify me for the "First Hybrid"? :lol2:

Yes sir, that's the plan but I'm still working on getting everything else I was supposed to get as I've probably expended $20,000 in labor/exasperation getting them so far.

That is cool. A keeper for sure.

That is cool. A keeper for sure.

Yeah, Lord knows I have enough documentation (e-mails w/Tasca).

I also have another "one off", my Shelby seat upgrade for the 40th has front seat "Snake logo delete". Gary (Disney) said it would go into the registry that way and at the time I thought Gary work directly for SAI, :doh: but I think it looks too busy with 4 snake logos AND the center console logo anyway and Gary DID give me a choice whether to send the covers back or not AND a free center console cover so I did well, Gary's a great guy.

You betcha, that is really cool. Must have something to do with the 40th Super Snake dates. Did you have it in during the time they were doing the SS conversions.? happy%20feet.gif

You betcha, that is really cool. Must have something to do with the 40th Super Snake dates. Did you have it in during the time they were doing the SS conversions.? happy%20feet.gif

Thanks, I had Tasca do it, they had pretty much everything there at the time (Summer/Fall 2009), SS's 40th's, Terlingua's. The inspector obviously overlooked it and inadvertantly brought with him/installed the 2008 KR badge, makes for kinda a neat story though.

Since I'm on a roll here, I guess I should remark that I also have (arguably) the only 40th vert with a "SuperSnake" scripted Kenne Bell; and NO I'm not going to claim that I own a SS w/blue stripes "from the factory" or that Mr. Shelby "owed me a favor" :lol: .

It was kinda like the perfect storm (three times) or just dumb luck. I guess my car should be depicted in the "car with alota junk it shouldn't have category and it will probably take another 8 lives or so to re-stock my bag-o-luck which ironically is usually pretty much empty. :yup:

Since I'm on a roll here, I guess I should remark that I also have (arguably) the only 40th vert with a "SuperSnake" scripted Kenne Bell; and NO I'm not going to claim that I own a SS w/blue stripes "from the factory" or that Mr. Shelby "owed me a favor" :lol: .

It was kinda like the perfect storm (three times) or just dumb luck. I guess my car should be depicted in the "car with alota junk it shouldn't have category and it will probably take another 8 lives or so to re-stock my bag-o-luck which ironically is usually pretty much empty. :yup:

So what do you call that car? It's a GT500 40th ummmm KR ummmm SS ummmm oh heck, it's a Shelby. :hysterical:

Thanks, I had Tasca do it, they had pretty much everything there at the time (Summer/Fall 2009), SS's 40th's, Terlingua's. The inspector obviously overlooked it and inadvertantly brought with him/installed the 2008 KR badge, makes for kinda a neat story though.

Oops...... I forgot that the 40th Super Snake was 07 not 08. So what was Tasca doing with KR badging when all the KR'S were converted in Vegas? Thanks again for sharing this story with us.

Oops...... I forgot that the 40th Super Snake was 07 not 08. So what was Tasca doing with KR badging when all the KR'S were converted in Vegas? Thanks again for sharing this story with us.

Yeah, I wondered the same thing. Apparently, the Shelby inspector accidently brought with him a "KR" front badging kit when he flew out to Tasca to badge/inspect the car and never noticed the discrepancy. Obviously an innocent oversight on his part.

I didn't even notice until this past June when I observed a service tech looking at the front of my car when it was in the shop with a puzzled look on his face, he then shrugged his shoulders and started to walk off until I asked him about it (I thought maybe he hadn't seen a 40th before) and he pointed it out. My exact words were" what the F@#K" and "TASCA!" (only a little more colorfully depicted).

Yeah, for the record, the badges are not carried by the authorized mod shops. They would build several cars, and then Shelby would send someone out to inspect the builds.

Hence why you never see Crispy posting here anymore. Not that he is a bad guy by any means, but obviously he did not have the eye for detail that was required for that position.

Im sure there is a checklist made up for each build, and when you quit looking at the list and doing these kind of things because you THINK you have seen enough to not miss a detail, you will get burned every time.

Yeah, for the record, the badges are not carried by the authorized mod shops. They would build several cars, and then Shelby would send someone out to inspect the builds.

Hence why you never see Crispy posting here anymore. Not that he is a bad guy by any means, but obviously he did not have the eye for detail that was required for that position.

Im sure there is a checklist made up for each build, and when you quit looking at the list and doing these kind of things because you THINK you have seen enough to not miss a detail, you will get burned every time.

Correct, unfortunately human nature may allow complacency over time, (hence the checklists). I had heard of Crispy's departure but don't think he was involved with this particular case as I assume the car was badged last fall and I believe he left his post before then. It's too bad as I valued his posts here on Team Shelby.

Yeah, he was a good forum guy, no question. And I guess that checklist comment goes right back onto the mod shops as well. The inspector SHOULD'NT find problems if the shops do their jobs right in the first place. We have state inspectors for the work I do, and we NEVER hear complaints from them. Our employees are required to do the work right in the first place, so the inspector is just there because he is required to be. (Thats not to say the inspectors dont do work, we just never have them tell us we did something wrong, because we don't. We won the president's award for excellence in January 2009 to back that statement up.) But hey, most cars have a minor issue that gets by. When you think of how many parts are bolted together to work as one object to propel you at ridiculous speed, its kind of an amazing thing!:salute:

Yeah, he was a good forum guy, no question. And I guess that checklist comment goes right back onto the mod shops as well. The inspector SHOULD'NT find problems if the shops do their jobs right in the first place. We have state inspectors for the work I do, and we NEVER hear complaints from them. Our employees are required to do the work right in the first place, so the inspector is just there because he is required to be. (Thats not to say the inspectors dont do work, we just never have them tell us we did something wrong, because we don't. We won the president's award for excellence in January 2009 to back that statement up.) But hey, most cars have a minor issue that gets by. When you think of how many parts are bolted together to work as one object to propel you at ridiculous speed, its kind of an amazing thing!:salute:

All true!

BTW, congrats on your 350R. I'm beginning to believe you actually LIKE that car. :lol2:

Archived