TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Texas Shelby Get Together this Spring

sportscars

March 5th is the Mustang Owner's Club of Austin's Spring Dell Diamond Show. Not that I would go since I much rather drive my car than have it sit there looking pretty and having to wipe drool off of it. Either weekend is fine with us. However, due to being out on FMLA, I won't be able to do the track event on Friday (if that's still in the plans) but Jeff might.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this the same event?

http://www.teamshelb...s-get-together/

Any reason not to make this a "Southern Plains Shelby Event"?

That was last years event. My understanding is that they are still working out the details of the "Team Shelby" official events. Seems like a lot happened during the bash except getting everything finalized like they promised.

Hey Jeff,

Sean is right, and you probably are on the right track, but we dont want to make it official before I get it cleared as such. I will call you on Friday to discuss everytging when we get everything worked out at this weeks meeting Thursday afternoon.

Okay, details set!

We will use the Hampton Inn at both Kerrville for friday night, March 11, and Buda for March 12. You dont have to stay in a hotel, but if you want to partake in the partying after the driving, I highly recommend a designated driver or a hotel for you to check in to.

Our cruise will start at 9am at the Kerrville, TX HS stadium, on hwy 16, just west of I-10. We will then drive some epic roads, and will snake our way through to Buda, TX. We will also make stops along the way. It will be a full day for driving fun, but we will stop for lunch and dinner after the car show at Cabela's. Eat breakfast, because our lunch stop will be closer to 1pm. If you thought last years roads were fun, you are going to love these! Our morning drive will be slightly more challenging this year, and an easier afternoon scenic cruise so you will be fresh and alert for the challenging sections. There will be a couple of roads you may recognize from last year, but some new ones too that will be really fun.

Okay, details set!

Hey Warren,

Thanks for the hard work you put into these events to make them awesome!

We have hotels booked, car is all set, and we well ready for spring... now just have to dig out of this darn snooow :cold::cold:

See you all in the Hill Country :peelout:

Cheers, D&D

Hey Warren,

Thanks for the hard work you put into these events to make them awesome!

We have hotels booked, car is all set, and we well ready for spring... now just have to dig out of this darn snooow :cold::cold:

See you all in the Hill Country :peelout:

Cheers, D&D

Warren,

My wife and I are all set as well. We are looking forward to some Texas Shelby Hill Country fun!

Dave or Warren,

Any suggestions as to a good route from the DFW area to Kerrville? I35 is kind of boring...

Thanks,

Earl

Earl,

If I were driving down from DWF, I'd take 377 out of Fort Worth to 281 in Stephenville and then head south to Burnet and then head west on hwy29 to Llano and then drop south on hwy16 thru Fredricksburg to Kerrville. Check it out on google maps or MSN maps. Much more scenic than 35. Just watch out for the local law enforcement officers. You car doesn't exactly blend into traffic. :hysterical:

Depending on what time you go thru Fredricksburg there is a lot to do there. Nimitz Pacific War museum, lots of antique shops, great german food/bakeries/beer and about 5 or 6 chocolate shops that could really put a hurting on you if you dont watch out!

You also go right by lake Buchanan and what is probably the best state park in all of Texas, Inks Lake SP.

The Hampton Inn in Buda is FULL! Many of us are staying at the Comfort Suites just across the road, but they only have about 10 rooms left. Apparently there are several large weddings going on in Buda that weekend. Who knew? :shrug::hysterical:

FYI - the Comfort suites has a full bar thats open to 1am, not that I will be there or anything..... :beerchug: :party: :tequila: :bag:

Any suggestions as to a good route from the DFW area to Kerrville? I35 is kind of boring...

Hi Earl,

Last year we drove home from Kerrville through Llano (16) to Granbury (377) and home, it was a quiet & picturesque drive with very little traffic on a Sunday. Other way might be straight down the 281 but dont know what it is like? Expect we will try to get away from DFW mid-afternoon and arrive into Kerrville mid-evening, what is your plan?

Cheers, D&D

Hi Earl,

Last year we drove home from Kerrville through Llano (16) to Granbury (377) and home, it was a quiet & picturesque drive with very little traffic on a Sunday. Other way might be straight down the 281 but dont know what it is like? Expect we will try to get away from DFW mid-afternoon and arrive into Kerrville mid-evening, what is your plan?

Cheers, D&D

I hope we can get away from Greenville around 1:00. It depends on whether my wife can get off early or not. Also, I'm trying to talk MaxMustang into coming as well so it will depend on his schedule if he makes it. We will probably catch 67 out of Dallas off of I20 and from there it looks like we will have a couple of options 281 or 377 and eventually catch 16. That should put us in Kerrville about dark.

Earl

Warren and Sean,

I'm not planning on staying in a motel either nigh, but my son and I are planning to make the run. If we get to kerrville HS by 8:00 will we be okay?

Just be there by 9AM and yeah, no problems at all! Looking forward to seeing you there!

Abner, when are you driving up? Or are you staying in the hotel? We are not staying the night but looking for someone to cruise up with

:shift:

My boy and I will be heading up Saturday morning. If Anyone wants to meet up just name a meeting place. I live near 35n and 1604.

Abner, when are you driving up? Or are you staying in the hotel? We are not staying the night but looking for someone to cruise up with

:shift:

No, we are not staying at a hotel. Maybe we can meet somewhere in the morning and cruise to Kerrville. Last year, a few of us met at Bass Pro Shops (at the Rim) parking lot and cruised to Kerrville together.

Archived