TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Homage Hood Scoop Insert

07SGT5687

So months ago, I was up at the Shelby Museum in Boulder, CO. While there I noticed that all the old cobras has a VERY similar hood scoop insert. Pics below. I thought it would be pretty cool to try and make (well, have someone make) this insert to add to the front of the scoop on my Shelby GT. 1. I think, if I could get the fitment almost perfect, it would look pretty sweet... and 2. the existing black plastic insert these come with is hideous at close inspection.

49ef6b6e.jpg

d40ab524.jpg

So, with ALL that said... does anyone from the Denver area (or anywhere else for that matter) know of anyone that can make this for me? I think the primary issue would just be getting the exact template of the cut out. The hole spacing would be pretty easy.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

I ask because I'm finally getting my hood scoop replaced in the next couple of weeks and I figure it would be the perfect time to add this lil' piece.

IMO it doesn't look like it would be that difficult to fabricate. I would give Lee a call (Pristine Powdercoating), he works closely with a bunch of shops in and around the area and may be able to point you in the right direction. Plus....he is close to where you live and when it is all made, he can PC it for you to keep it looking great. :)

IMO it doesn't look like it would be that difficult to fabricate. I would give Lee a call (Pristine Powdercoating), he works closely with a bunch of shops in and around the area and may be able to point you in the right direction. Plus....he is close to where you live and when it is all made, he can PC it for you to keep it looking great. :)

Good call Steve. I'll give him a ring.

How ya been btw?

Good call Steve. I'll give him a ring.

How ya been btw?

Good. Sad that the weather is changing and I will have to put the Shelby to bed for the winter.

We still need to have you over for dinner. What does your calendar look like.

*****back on topic*****

If Lee can't help you, let me know. I work with a pretty good fab shop on base that may be able to help you out in their off time. If they can fab aircraft parts, I have got to believe they can make what you are looking at.

Good. Sad that the weather is changing and I will have to put the Shelby to bed for the winter.

We still need to have you over for dinner. What does your calendar look like.

*****back on topic*****

If Lee can't help you, let me know. I work with a pretty good fab shop on base that may be able to help you out in their off time. If they can fab aircraft parts, I have got to believe they can make what you are looking at.

I hear ya on the weather front. This weekend should be a good delusion as to what is around the corner.

So , yes, I'll give Lee a call and if he can't, I'll ring you up for your buddy. I think the key part will be getting a good template from the existing black insert. Just not sure i can take that off without removing the whole scoop.

Anyone know?

Archived