TEAM SHELBY FORUM

east coast event for 2011

sportscars

Well East Coasters, you have asked for it and here it is - Ponies in the Poconos - an official Team Shelby Northeast event!

Three days of Fun, Friends and Fantastic cars! It will be May 4-7, 2011. There will be two FULL days of track time at the Pocono Raceway.

The first day is a complete Performance Driving Clinic (PDC) by the Bertil Roos racing school. This includes classroom instruction, instructor ride alongs and a 3:1 ratio of students to instructors. Roos is one of the three best driving schools in the country!

The second day you will hone your skills and use your new found knowledge to improve your driving ability. Instructors will be on hand all day again to help with any issues or questions you may have.

You will also get a welcome reception with open bar and food, a goodie bag, a banquet (Friday) and a poker run on Saturday.

The 1 day PDC normally costs $500 by itself! Your will get two days plus everything else listed above.

This is a great opportunity to meet new people, reconnect with old friends and get the most out of your driving experience.

Gary Patterson from Shelby American is scheduled to attend.

www.poniesinthepoconos.com for more info

• 1 month later...

Well East Coasters, you have asked for it and here it is - Ponies in the Poconos.

Three days of Fun, Friends and Fantastic cars! It will be May 4-7, 2011. There will be two FULL days of track time at the Pocono Raceway.

The first day is a complete Performance Driving Clinic (PDC) by the Bertil Roos racing school. This includes classroom instruction, instructor ride alongs and a 3:1 ratio of students to instructors. Roos is one of the three best driving schools in the country!

The second day you will hone your skills and use your new found knowledge to improve your driving ability. Instructors will be on hand all day again to help with any issues or questions you may have.

You will also get a welcome reception with open bar and food, a goodie bag, a banquet (Friday) and a poker run on Saturday.

The 1 day PDC costs $500 by itself! Your will get two days plus everything else listed above.

This is a great opportunity to meet new people, reconnect with old friends and get the most out of your driving experience.

www.poniesinthepoconos.com for more info

Are they offering anything for the non-track guys (vert-no roll bar), car show, drag racing, etc? If so, cost?

Are they offering anything for the non-track guys (vert-no roll bar), car show, drag racing, etc? If so, cost?

There are packages that do not include any track time.

There is no formal car show planned as we just didn't have time to fit it in anywhere.

No drags (this year:spiteful: ), but we are doing slalom runs on the front stretch of Pocono Raceway. I promise that you will have a blast doing the slalom runs. I think they are better than drags, personally.

I have no problem with verts running the event. I will send you a PM about vert regulations.

The final itenerary may change a bit, but the basic outline will be as follows:

Wednesday

• 6-9pm is registration
  • 7-8pm is the welcome reception with food and open bar

Thursday

• 6:45-7:15 is breakfast at the resort
  • 7:30 we leave for the track
  • 8:00 is registration in the ARCA building at Pocono Raceway
  • 9a-5p Performance Driving Clinic by the Bertil Roos Racing School

Friday

• 6:45-7:15 breakfast at resort
  • 7:30 leave for track
  • 8:00 registration at ARCA building
  • 9a-5p open track - instructors available to critique driving line and PDC for new arrivals
  • 7:30 Banquet dinner with VIP guest speaker and prizes

Saturday

• 8am breakfast at resort
  • 9am leave for poker run
  • 12:30 arrive at scenic lunch spot
  • 2:00 head back to resort (or head home)
  • 6pm Staff dinner - all attendees are more than welcome to join us
  • 9pm we hit the bar - all attendees are welcome to stay and buy us drinks! :hysterical:

A couple of people have asked about a "car show". This is mainly a driving event, but we could do something Saturday afternoon, around 4 or 5 if there is enough demand/interest.

I am all about making this event the best it can be.

As always, let me know if you have any questions.

Sean

Just to add to the conversation, Sean and I are vert guys at heart as we have done all events up till now IN a vert, and we understand the limitations that we get at many tracks and events. In fact, we wanted to make sure it would be an event open to ALL Shelbys alike. Series 1, Cobras, and verts all face that problem.

You wont be disappointed! Sean and I work very hard to make sure no detail gets by us in order to make every event the best it can be!!

Sean has been doing most of the work on this so far due to some issues I have had with my day job, and all the other Shelby things going on in our lives currently.

This is where I step in and start working out the extras and the little things, and the tedious organizing that no one but me seems to enjoy.happy%20feet.gif The wierd thing is I DO really enjoy it and meeting and hanging out with all of our TS friends!

• 2 weeks later...

Just to add to the conversation, Sean and I are vert guys at heart as we have done all events up till now IN a vert, and we understand the limitations that we get at many tracks and events. In fact, we wanted to make sure it would be an event open to ALL Shelbys alike. Series 1, Cobras, and verts all face that problem.

You wont be disappointed! Sean and I work very hard to make sure no detail gets by us in order to make every event the best it can be!!

Sean has been doing most of the work on this so far due to some issues I have had with my day job, and all the other Shelby things going on in our lives currently.

This is where I step in and start working out the extras and the little things, and the tedious organizing that no one but me seems to enjoy.happy%20feet.gif The wierd thing is I DO really enjoy it and meeting and hanging out with all of our TS friends!

Hmmmm...sounds interesting. ANother excuse to get the 6-pt. out...

• 1 month later...

maybe i'm missing it, but what is the total price for this event?

Depends on which package you choose, but it runs from $300 to $1000. As those who have attended some of our other events can tell you, it will be an amazing time for all. There is a reaon that people travel thousands of miles to attend. So far we have people from NY, NJ, PA, OH, NH, VA, FL, TX and even CA on the list. Thats just what I can remember off the top of my head. I'm sure I'm forgetting someone... :doh:

Still waiting for the New England folks to start continue signing up. :waiting:

How quickly we forget. Last I knew, NH was considered part of New England. :hysterical3:

Don't worry, I won't take it personally.

Mike

I said it was off the top of my head! :confused: Sorry Mike, I made the correction. Dont hold it against me as I'm the one filling your goodie bag. :hysterical:

I said it was off the top of my head! :confused: Sorry Mike, I made the correction. Dont hold it against me as I'm the one filling your goodie bag. :hysterical:

Not to worry. I know how it is. Most days I have to look at my employee badge so I remember my name. :work: Now if I can just remember where I put that badge.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

In case you have not heard, we are now an OFFICIAL Team Shelby Northeast region event! happy%20feet.gif

We have also added a car show to the event on Saturday morning. The Poker Run is still on, but has been pushed back an hour or so.

We are still working very hard on bringing even more to the event. Stay tuned for more information! :shades:

Another great announcement:

We managed to talk SA into giving us Gary Patterson for the weekend! happy%20feet.gif Gary will be speaking at the banquet and spending some quality track time with us.

We are still working on even MORE additions to the event.

It will be an awesome event. See you there in two months!!!

Another great announcement:

We managed to talk SA into giving us Gary Patterson for the weekend! happy%20feet.gif Gary will be speaking at the banquet and spending some quality track time with us.

We are still working on even MORE additions to the event.

It will be an awesome event. See you there in two months!!!

very cool. can't wait for the event. thanks sean.

Archived