TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Drove in the rain today........

Alansvt

First of all my car is my DD.....ok well I had to goto a meeting up in VA today and drove the car up there last night. Well today on the drive home it was raining decent. Well after the 3 hr drive I finally make it back to Fayetteville NC and all of a sudden I get all kinds of Bells and whistles from the gauge cluster.

Check Traction control / Service

Low Brake Fluid level

Traction Control turned off and wouldn't not allow it to be back on....

Head straight to the dealership. Of course all the warning lights go away and then come back on then away again.

So the dealership ran the computer and had 3 codes stored.

Low Brake Level

Low Voltage

and Something bad circuit.

I was told that the earlier body styles had problems with water getting in somewhere underneath the passenger dash. So he checks up there and BAM his finger hits water. Not much but enough.

Well now the car goes back Monday to have them go threw it thoroughly. Hopefully its not that big of a project.....

DAMN I NEED TO FIND A NEW DD NOW ^^

Also not sure what this has to do....But when I started the car this morning. I noticed the Car Click like 4-5 times some where in the dash....I also mentioned this to the dealership....But of course it didnt do it...... So far its done it about 3 times today...

First of all my car is my DD.....ok well I had to goto a meeting up in VA today and drove the car up there last night. Well today on the drive home it was raining decent. Well after the 3 hr drive I finally make it back to Fayetteville NC and all of a sudden I get all kinds of Bells and whistles from the gauge cluster.

Check Traction control / Service

Low Brake Fluid level

Traction Control turned off and wouldn't not allow it to be back on....

Head straight to the dealership. Of course all the warning lights go away and then come back on then away again.

So the dealership ran the computer and had 3 codes stored.

Low Brake Level

Low Voltage

and Something bad circuit.

I was told that the earlier body styles had problems with water getting in somewhere underneath the passenger dash. So he checks up there and BAM his finger hits water. Not much but enough.

Well now the car goes back Monday to have them go threw it thoroughly. Hopefully its not that big of a project.....

DAMN I NEED TO FIND A NEW DD NOW ^^

"I was told that the earlier body styles had problems with water getting in somewhere underneath the passenger dash. So he checks up there and BAM his finger hits water. Not much but enough."

Water in the dash? You driving a convertible with the top down in the rain?

I would not be happy. You should get a rental on their dime for the time yours is in the shop. How is Ford going to correct this?

We will find out soon enough. I trust my dealership.....At least so far they have not screwed me over and when I mentioned the fix for the 1-2 shift I printed out the parts lists from here and they were going to order the same parts.......When ever I was ready....

well drove it today no codes thrown...But now everytime I start the car I hear about 5 clicks coming from the dash some where.....Any ideas?

im not a gearhead,but i know in older cars a click meant the solenoid was trying to start,but the starter wouldnt go--but that noise would come from the engine,not the dash

This has been happening to S197 Mustangs since 2005 launched. Lazy workers not putting enough seam sealer around the cowl area, water gets in and leaks onto the smart junction box. Ford will *never* correct problems they have known about for years like this, groaning rear ends etc.

Archived