TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Original Valve Stem Caps?

OK, so maybe this is an insignificant question...

Are the original valve stem caps on your Shelby GT rubber or metal?

I bought my car with 3700 miles on it and it had some mild custom parts here and there. I am unsure if the PO added my current valve stem caps or not, but I am missing one. They are somewhat unique chrome cap that is perfectly round with ribbed outer area (for grip) and a slight dome on top. They look like a NICE factory part and I THOUGHT they were FORD parts, but now that I am trying to locate a replacement, I suspect they are not original and are likely original from another car (as they look too nice to be aftermarket).

Maybe they are added at Shelby, or maybe they are just a non-stock part from a Mercedes or something.

Obviously, there are all sorts of other choices for valve stem caps and it is not a big deal.

Just curious. Original? Not? Anyone recognize them?

THANKS!

Happy Motoring!

post-24787-044501100 1288897679_thumb.jpg

post-24787-044501100 1288897679_thumb.jpg

Mine were not plastic. They were more like your picture, but not exactly... I like em. I took them off the Black Bullets and put them on the 69's.

I guess this is about the best shot I have available for upload.

Brembo02.jpg

Well today I went on a little hunt to either find some stock caps, some cheapo chrome caps or something cool. I had already spent time online to see if Shelby offered anything with a Shelby or CS logo. No such luck.

Anyway, after hunting around at a couple of auto stores, I found what I was looking for and had to laugh a little. The EXACT same cap that my car had come with was available at Pepboys under the "Slime" brand name (Think tire sealer stuff...)

I found a pack of 4 under the Slime name and Part Number 20145 for $1.99. They are small and discrete and are lightweight (I don't like some of the big chrome ones because they seem to sometimes affect balance.) As a bonus, I believe these are Stainless Steel. So, a bargain was had. Someday, I will upgrade the tires and wheels and come up with something cooler for the valve caps too.

Cheers guys...

:happy feet:

Well today I went on a little hunt to either find some stock caps, some cheapo chrome caps or something cool. I had already spent time online to see if Shelby offered anything with a Shelby or CS logo. No such luck.

Anyway, after hunting around at a couple of auto stores, I found what I was looking for and had to laugh a little. The EXACT same cap that my car had come with was available at Pepboys under the "Slime" brand name (Think tire sealer stuff...)

I found a pack of 4 under the Slime name and Part Number 20145 for $1.99. They are small and discrete and are lightweight (I don't like some of the big chrome ones because they seem to sometimes affect balance.) As a bonus, I believe these are Stainless Steel. So, a bargain was had. Someday, I will upgrade the tires and wheels and come up with something cooler for the valve caps too.

Cheers guys...

:happy feet:

http://www.google.com/search?q=Shelby+logo+valve+caps&hl=en&safe=off&sa=X&tbs=shop:1&prmd=ivs

Archived