TEAM SHELBY FORUM

some more gauges

When I added my SC I added a triple gauge pillar pod with boost vaccum and a tach. I would like to add the center pod now with fuel pressue, air fuel ratio and oil temp. Do you all think this would just be too many gauges and look tacky? I love the look of my glowshift gauges and just like to know what all is going on in my car.

I have the dash pod (oil temp, pressure, & boost) and fully intend to add additional gauges to the two driver AC vents (water temp & air/fuel) and one to the A pillar (digital tach and rapter shift lift light). I use my iPhone to data-log everything else.

Maybe do one of these?

Lots of data, no gauge clutter.

I just put mine in today, got the idea and installation advice from Rick Yates (whose advice was "It's easy!", and he was TOTALLY right).

I followed his lead and used a Roush Ventpod to install.

Link and my installed pic:

http://www.aeroforcetech.com/

aaagauge.jpg

Jer

aaagauge.jpg

^^^ That would be perfect it tells you everything. So you can pick 8 things for it to cycle through correct? Besides the roushvent pod was there anything else you had to order to install this?

^^^ That would be perfect it tells you everything. So you can pick 8 things for it to cycle through correct? Besides the roushvent pod was there anything else you had to order to install this?

Nope.

You pull out the existing vent.

The gauge clicks into the Ventpod.

You feed a single cable into the vent, and plug it into the gauge, and the OBD II connector under the dash.

Wire tie the slack cable under the dash.

Click the Ventpod back in where the vent was..

Done.

The Ventpod instructions are very detailed, it'll take you 15 minutes if you go SLOW.

Jer

I don't think a total of six gauges are too many. 3 on the pillar and three on the dash... Information is good.

at night should light up like a X-Mas tree B)

I end up getting the triple gauage center pod and 3 gauges from glow shift since thats whats on my pillar. Im not sure but do they have to drill holes for the wires for the gauges on the dash? I kinda dont like the idea of that...

I end up getting the triple gauage center pod and 3 gauges from glow shift since thats whats on my pillar. Im not sure but do they have to drill holes for the wires for the gauges on the dash? I kinda dont like the idea of that...

only if theyr lazy, most run it through the vents

I've got a lot of stuff in the cockpit of my SGT - I personally think it looks pretty badass in there. But at night, it's a serious distraction, so much so that I avoid driving the thing after dark at all costs.

Just something to keep in mind. Good luck

Archived