TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Eliminating Rear Wheel Hop and CAI

ShelbyDFW

I know this topic has had many treads over the past few years but after all of the different changes some of you have made, what is the easiest and best way to eliminate the rear wheel hop? I have heard just changing UCA Bushings will do it all of the way to replacing LCA, UCA's and a full suspension. I prefer to keep it as stock as possible to do the easiest but best way to correct the wheel hop.

I also would like any input on which CAI Kit to buy as there are many opinions on that as well??

Thanks for any input!

Let's open this can of worms...

IMO, if your wanting to stay close to stock, get the Roush UCA (one with the rubber bushings) and your done.

The CAI, I ran the FRPP kit for a while and it was a nice improvement, It's all about what you really what out of the car.

I would go Spohn M5-205 LCA and M5-605 upper adjustable. At least that iswhat I will be using when the time comes

The very easiest way is to buy new control arms with good bushings already in them and then remove the stock arms and install the new ones.

If you are just using the car for the street, replacing just the lowers is the quickest way to help. If you plan on getting traction like running drag radials or going to the dragstrip, replacing the upper is necessary as the stock bushing is large and squishy.

Archived