TEAM SHELBY FORUM

23,000 miles on the Shelby

Salar

My 09 GT500 has about 23,000 miles on it, It runs great, no problems so far other than the clutch. I have changed the oil and oil filter 4 times since I bought it new. Do I need to check or replace anything or expect a surprise after 2 years and 23k miles. How many miles do these cars run before they become a problem child?

Edit: Is it too late to get tune, intake and pulley and bump the horsepower to about 640hp?

I just read something from Edmonds a month or so ago. Their current rankings for cost of ownership rate the (07-10) GT500s as one the least expensive performance cars to maintain over their expected life. They had the GTR as one of the most expensive for cost of ownership - that's all I remember from the article, sorry no specifics.

Sorry I'm not sure what you mean about your ? is it too late to get a Stage II. Do you mean from a reliability stand point?

Cost of ownership will continue to be low with people NOT driving these cars, for a baseline of measurement!

IMHO, no it's not too late to mod the car. It may in fact even be better based on two things: 1) The motor, although requires NO break-in period, is now broken in, and 2) You've had the clutch replaced with a better stronger unit.

my .02cts :)

I just read something from Edmonds a month or so ago. Their current rankings for cost of ownership rate the (07-10) GT500s as one the least expensive performance cars to maintain over their expected life. They had the GTR as one of the most expensive for cost of ownership - that's all I remember from the article, sorry no specifics.

Sorry I'm not sure what you mean about your ? is it too late to get a Stage II. Do you mean from a reliability stand point?

I take it they don't include Mods

22k on the clock here. 1 clutch replacement, 1 new battery (mine sat on the dealer's floor for over a year). Treadwear indicators are beginning to show on the tires--but she's a rock solid daily driver...... What amazes me is that I can take it out and romp on it like there's no tomorrow and there's never a glitch then I can turn around and cruise through a National Park in sweltering 4th of July heat at idle speed and there's never a glitch.

Enjoy!

from what ive seen the more you start modding the more stuffs going to break. mine has 18k on it. i drive it about every day. she will be parked all winter. but i dont see why it wouldnt last as long as you take car of it

Archived