TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Fest 2011

shelb08

Just my luck. I had never given thought to attending a Shelby Bash I live in the North East. However, last week I get invited to attend a family get together in of all places Las Vegas in January. So I talk my wife into attending under the promise that there will be plenty of stuff to do that she would find interesting as she doesn't like to gamble. So I book the trip for the 13-17 of January for one extra day to take the tour of the Shelby factory, and I get to thinking that those dates sound very familiar.....

Bringing my SGT is out of the question, and I figure it would be kind of disheartening being there and not being able to cruise around, besides I wouldn't have much time. Now how can I attend some of the events and spend with my "Shelby" family?

Can anybody that has been there enlighten me? My wife has never seen me looking this forward to a family event!

The area has a lot of bed and breakfast places. You may want to consider booking a place now since space is limited. There are some antique places and local restraunts to visit. If you or your wife likes wine, there are several wineries that you can take tours and tasting. There is now a trolley that goes throughout the area so you don't have to drive. There is more information at www.visithermann.com and it can help you with you need to know. I live in the area so feel free to ask any questions. If you need to see pictures of past events, go to www.shelbyfest.net and you can see what it is all about.

The area has a lot of bed and breakfast places. You may want to consider booking a place now since space is limited. There are some antique places and local restraunts to visit. If you or your wife likes wine, there are several wineries that you can take tours and tasting. There is now a trolley that goes throughout the area so you don't have to drive. There is more information at www.visithermann.com and it can help you with you need to know. I live in the area so feel free to ask any questions. If you need to see pictures of past events, go to www.shelbyfest.net and you can see what it is all about.

Vapor,

Thanks for the information.

We have already made reservations at the Aria. It will fun to see some of Shelby fest while I'm there, like an added bonus.

he typed fest but he meant bash. lv=bash. hermann mo=fest.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If anyone doesn't know, VaporDude lives by an amazing stretch of road as well, if you are in a Shelby or a rental, make sure to ask him about that drive. I used to travel there for work and always looked forward to a 25 mile drive down the road, through wine country, along that amazing road. Enjoy and I hope to see you there.

Jim

The Shelby Bash is awesome...someday I'm going to make it to one myself....

Shelbyfest is it's own animal though......so make it to both will ya :)

Kyle,

There's still room in my truck if you want to go in January salute.gif

Gregg

07SGT0547

• 1 month later...

If anyone doesn't know, VaporDude lives by an amazing stretch of road as well, if you are in a Shelby or a rental, make sure to ask him about that drive. I used to travel there for work and always looked forward to a 25 mile drive down the road, through wine country, along that amazing road. Enjoy and I hope to see you there.

Jim

How is it going Jim? The road you are talking about is one of the better ones. There are a couple more that I can take you on that are just as good but a little rougher but fun. You live close to where I grew up in Akron.

Archived