TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KR Axel Reservoir

cobra567

There are other expansion tanks that you can use...

http://www.livermoreperformance.com/canton_tanks.html

There are other expansion tanks that you can use...

http://www.livermoreperformance.com/canton_tanks.html

In all the years that I've raced, I always made my own.

A length of PCV pipe and two end caps is all you need ot make the tank.

A couple of brass fittings and you have the connections. Put your "inlet" on one end pointing down so any oil accumulated drains back into the axle. Put your "outlet" on the other end on the top of the tank and run a short piece of tube out and around the tank so it'll breathe but not allow dirt or water into it.

I used hose clamps to hold them on to a frame rail (in my case) but you can attach it to anything solid you can find in the wheel well area.

And they look better than some of the "professionally made" KR tanks I've seen!

Where there's a will, there's a way,

Phill

Another fine example of Shelby Parts not providing what customers want. Hard to understand what motivates these business decisions.

It's funny....when they were selling them I saw a LOT of people saying how amaturish they were built, how terrible they looked, blah x 3.

I must'a got one of the very last ones as I just bought mine a month or two back and it was built fine. The welds looked good, the cuts were good, the ends were fairly even, the metal was clean, etc..

And now that they're discontinued, people are gonna bag on Shelby for not building 'em anymore. Wow.

Hey, here's a great idea. Now that Shelby doesn't have any dog in the fight, someone like Jay Tucker/JLT can take up the slack and build/sell them!

Phill

That was my understanding. Shelby American was being generous by making available some extra KR parts inventory to the enthusiasts and now they get knocked for doing so ?

Maybe I missed the comment on the SPP site in the description where it said shelby was being generous by making some extra KR parts available. Thats all it would have required....limited to supply on oand or something to that effect. Maybe even limite quantities available........not a big deal.

:hysterical:

I would be willing to sell mine,

For ONE MILLION dollars...

dr-evil.jpg

Obviously you are a Speed Channel fan and watch Barrett Jackson coverage too...:hysterical:

Let me sell my all original 1980 Diesel Scout for 2 million and I'll take your part....:hysterical: :hysterical:

Another fine example of Shelby Parts not providing what customers want. Hard to understand what motivates these business decisions.

These are ONE of the original four parts offered by the ShelbyStore way back in November 2009. We noted back then that these parts were limited and have always maintained that.

When we bring out a limited supply of OEM "old stock" items, we're selling what we have left.

These are ONE of the original four parts offered by the ShelbyStore way back in November 2009. We noted back then that these parts were limited and have always maintained that.

When we bring out a limited supply of OEM "old stock" items, we're selling what we have left.

and I want to be the first to say " thanks " for offering / selling such parts to us all ,551428-R1-02-23A.jpg :salute:

551428-R1-02-23A.jpg

I remember this almost a year ago! Superchargers, brakes, Eibach, and axle reservoirs....Guess we've come a long way in a year...:superhero::beerchug:

I remember this almost a year ago! Superchargers, brakes, Eibach, and axle reservoirs....Guess we've come a long way in a year...:superhero::beerchug:

Yes, you all have....and might I say Congrats on your improvements with customer service and awesome parts.....

You guys rock..... :dance:

Archived