TEAM SHELBY FORUM

** Halloween 2010 thread **

** EVERYONE, SHOW US YOUR STUFF ! **

So, here we are, Halloween of 2010.

Never before did I make a big deal about Halloween until a few years ago. I was stuck at home handing out candy when I noticed groups of parents walking their children around. Upon closer inspection, I noticed everyone was pulling a wagon with coolers !! Damn, all the parents were getting zonked on their favorite beverage and I was missing out on all the fun !

Well, if I'm gonna be stuck at home handing out candy, I may as well have fun doing it, right? So, two years ago, I got dressed up and sat on the porch with the candy bowl by my feet. I didn't make a move and most kids thought I was fake. Still, many were hesitant to come up on the porch to get their treat......lol Parents and children both got spooked and all had a good laugh.

Last year, I didn't do anything because I knew people would be expecting something. Many asked and I told them it was a one time thing.....hehe

Well, this year, I ramped it up quite a bit ! I made a few good props and got a wicked costume. I'm also adding a fog machine, black lighting, strobe lights, and a chainsaw (minus the chain of course!) I'm currently putting together my music for the days event.

This is what I have so far (everything will be set up on Halloween morning as to not spoil the surprise.)

This dummy will be in the chair and in the same spot in which I was. People will remember from 2 years ago and focus their attention on him

halloween1.jpg

Next up is this lonely window. I made a frankenstein prop today and placed him in the window. I put some red lighting around him and a strobe light. He's actually in this pic but you can't see him due to the cheap digital camera. I'll just say this.......he looks awesome from afar. A towering chilling giant just staring out of the window. The pictures do him no justice....he looks great up there at night !

halloween2f.jpg

halloween3.jpg

This is a pumpkin I carved out a little while ago. I'm getting better each year with the carvings.

halloween4e.jpg

And here is a quick pic of my costume. It's only 1/2 of the final version. I'll be painting black around my eyes, and I have this black wig that i'll wear under the hood. It's straight black hair and it'll be covering my face.....somewhat like "The Undertaker" back in the WWF days.

halloween10t.jpg

That's all I have for right now. I will update this thread with pics as I set stuff up. I'll be having someone taking pics during the day so, more pics to follow.

What's everybody else doing for Halloween? Ya'll going around the neighborhood pulling a wagon and getting zonked ?

Nice job with the costume, pumpkins and window!! Wow man I'd love to go to your house and get the _ scared out of me!!

:peelout: SexyStang and I are going out to a Halloween party dressed in these costumes :banvictory: :

rl5053a.jpg

But SexyStang will be adding a few of her own accessories to hers! :drop:

Nice job with the costume, pumpkins and window!! Wow man I'd love to go to your house and get the _ scared out of me!!

:peelout: SexyStang and I are going out to a Halloween party dressed in these costumes :banvictory: :

:camera:

Great costume, but don't scare the neighbor's like this fellow did...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ-fL2XjCFE

Or like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u11_1l0x3eo

rl5053a.jpg

And the fun of dressing up begins.......... :happy feet: and what could be more perfect than getting into a Shelby......... :happy feet: will take a few pics stay tuned........ :lurk:

Will you be toting a cooler around like the other parents ?....lol

Well, since its a work & school night, probably not...if it were Sat. night I would at least be tempted to bring a nice big drink along... :beerchug:

Awoke this morning and felt the need to do another prop. This time it's "Jigsaw" from the movie Saw. I remembered I had a small red bike in the shed. Dug it out and went to the store to see if I could find his mask. Found one, then picked up a suit from a thrift store. Just got finished working on his body frame and here is a pic.

halloween6d.jpg

I just threw the pants and jacket on. Now I have to pin the pants and sleeves and stuff them with newspaper.

When he's complete, I'm just gonna set him out on the grass in the middle of nowhere.

halloween7.jpg

....."do you want to play a game?"

Secondo and Sexystang's Halloween....... :banvictory: I'll be posting a few more in my thread as well...... :stats:

IMG_3650a.jpg

I wanted to add this picture too I had a tough call choosing which pic I liked the best of the two of us...... :wub:

IMG_3631a.jpg

You guys (Secondo and SexyStang) are the coolest!!!

I took my poor little daughter out. She has been fighting a cold and wasn't feeling all that well. Anyway, we got about 1/2 way around the neighborhood and she said "Let's just go home Daddy, I've got enough candy". Then I knew that she REALLY didn't feel well!! So, hope she went for a hot shower and some hot chocolate!!

I might have lost too much weight, I guess...my costume felt a little loose. Rex Easley looked much better than me in his race suit.

e97d7d27.jpg

Here are a few more pics.

I went with this for a bit before changing over to something else.

halloween11.jpg

Here's my prop up on the porch. A lot of people weren't sure if he was real or not.

halloween12.jpg

Here I am waiting for some unsuspecting treat or treaters. Chainsaws have a way to make people of all ages run, and run fast !

halloween13.jpg

My friend, and even my little guy got in on the action

halloween14f.jpg

Jigsaw was a big hit with the teenage kids. I placed small spot lights on all the lawn props once it got dark.

halloween15.jpg

All in all, it was a good day. My lil' guy had as much fun as I did scaring people. It was nice just having him up there with us. He didn't care about getting candy. He was more into being up on the porch.

Archived