TEAM SHELBY FORUM

3.55 gears vs 3.73 gears?

Left_Ya_Shook

Very little in reality. In theory the 3.73 will give you better 0-60 or 1/4 mile performance that is of course if you can get the car to hook up. The SVT only comes in 3.73s. The 3.55 are not an option.

Pretty sure a base GT500 is 3.55, and one with the performance package gets the 3.73. Someone correct me if Im wrong, pretty sure thats one of the reasons I sprung extra for the package.

Okay i see why i thought i was seeing so many 3.55s i was looking in the standard info on the tag not the optional. So how big of a difference is the SVT package from the 07-09 gt500. My brother has a 2010 and the thing i miss when riding in his is the supercharger whine. Do they bring back any of the S/C whined?

Okay i see why i thought i was seeing so many 3.55s i was looking in the standard info on the tag not the optional. So how big of a difference is the SVT package from the 07-09 gt500. My brother has a 2010 and the thing i miss when riding in his is the supercharger whine. Do they bring back any of the S/C whined?

Had 3.55's on my '10 and have 3.73's on my '11. Actually I cannot tell much difference attributed to the gear change, but more as a result of the stiffer suspension and increased traction(stickier tires) on the '11. I have the SVT package and the SC whine is about the same on the '10 and '11. (too quiet for me).

Hope that helps!

-HAWKBARR

There is zero difference between the 3.55 and a 3.73 SVT setup. This was done to counter the one inch taller wheel/tire combo.

The resonator delete makes little difference in whine as well.

To say it is zero would be incorrect but the difference is offset due to the larger tire size correct.

Someone did the exact math in an earlier thread and the SVT Package had a slight improvement over the Non-SVT with 3.55 gearing. The difference is so small that I doubt anyone could notice it.

To say it is zero would be incorrect but the difference is offset due to the larger tire size correct.

Someone did the exact math in an earlier thread and the SVT Package had a slight improvement over the Non-SVT with 3.55 gearing. The difference is so small that I doubt anyone could notice it.

That is correct I could have said ~zero, but I was just trying to get the point across that it doesn't matter.

You guys may already be aware of this but on the 10-11 you need to replace the intake resonator(muffler) with either the FRPP resonator eliminator (like 58.00)or an aftermarket CAI tube and the whine comes back.

I tried removing the muffler from inside the tube and found no disernable difference in the wine. I just put it back and may purchase the muffler delete.

I tried removing the muffler from inside the tube and found no disernable difference in the wine. I just put it back and may purchase the muffler delete.

I used the delete and an airraid filter. I thought it was louder but maybe my imagination.

• 2 months later...

It could be zero depending on tread depth and air pressure its that close.

• 1 year later...

Hi all.

I have a TVS and 2.59" pulley on my 2011...and it's just crazy. 1st gear has basically been rendered useless, and I can't wait to get out of it. As soon as I go 10 feet, my RPM's are already too high, and the engine always seems like it is "racing". (Of course with so much power, I have no hope of ever hooking up anyway)

I thought maybe changing the rear gear ratio would help keep the RPM's down and increase gas mileage. Does anyone know how low of a gear ratio I would need to go in order to make a difference? I have 3.73 now, but not sure 3.55 would make much difference. What is the lowest I can even go?

I'm not too experienced in this. Would it be easier to change 1st gear only?

Thanks!!!

Archived