TEAM SHELBY FORUM

dealer damages

shelbycrz

When I took delivery of my Ebony Shelby GT 500 I noticed a small scrach on the bumper. It is basicly scratched the Tungsten stripe in a very small area, about 1/2 inch long and about 1/8 inch wide. Not much I know but I was very disapointed. After all this is my Shelby, the dealer was very glad to order the stripe and now it has arrived. my question is should I have them replace the original stripe? Will this mean my ride has been modifide. You see I haven't decided on wether or not I will be doing any mods. or just keep it stock.

Edit: shelbycrz - I moved this thread to the general discussion forum so our members can give you input on your question. Welcome to the site and enjoy it. Grabber

When I took delivery of my Ebony Shelby GT 500 I noticed a small scrach on the bumper. It is basicly scratched the Tungsten stripe in a very small area, about 1/2 inch long and about 1/8 inch wide. Not much I know but I was very disapointed. After all this is my Shelby, the dealer was very glad to order the stripe and now it has arrived. my question is should I have them replace the original stripe? Will this mean my ride has been modifide. You see I haven't decided on wether or not I will be doing any mods. or just keep it stock.

kstrong, I moved this topic to the general discusion forum so the members her could give input to this new member.

Grabber.

Disclamer: Spoke to CS, my Shelby's priority Status has changed and new info will be coming in early March. PSDS is catching up to me. Not responsible for offending keystrokes.

:confused:

:hysterical2:

Welcome to the site, and congratulations on your Shelby. I'm sure many of us here can offer you some insight on your question if you like, just ask.

Amy,

when I took delivery of my Ebony Shelby GT 500 I noticed a small scrach on the bumper. It is basicly scratched the Tungsten stripe in a very small area, about 1/2 inch long and about 1/8 inch wide. Not much I know but I was very disapointed. After all this is my Shelby, the dealer was very glad to order the stripe and now it has arrived. my question is should I have them replace the original stripe? Will this mean my ride has been modifide. You see I haven't decided on wether or not I will be doing any mods. or just keep it stock.

I see you are new. You asked this question in the wrong forum im sure by accident. As you can see, its not exactly the friendliest bunch. A few people take offense to just about everything if you even breath something that might not sound like a praise to the shelby and ford gods.... Others are really helpful .Amy doesnt have anything to do with it.This would be a good question for the general discussion board. While im here maybe i can help. Any warranty service like this one will not effect anything or be concidered a modification.There have been a few with minor imperfections from the factory or transportation scratches.. Go ahead and let them fix it.

I see you are new. You asked this question in the wrong forum im sure by accident. As you can see, its not exactly the friendliest bunch. people take offense to just about everything if you even breath something that might not sound like a praise to the shelby and ford gods.... Amy doesnt have anything to do with it.This would be a good question for the general discussion board. While im here maybe i can help. Any warranty service like this one will not effect anything or be concidered a modification.There have been a few with minor imperfections from the factory or transportation scratches.. Go ahead and let them fix it.

Good suggestion ShelbyGT500. I moved the thread to the General discussion Forum. Thanks for helping out the new guy. Good form. :)

Hiya and welcome

Having a damaged stripe fixed isn't modifying the car its a normal repair, if you feel it warrants replacement by all means get it fixed. Like you have said this is your Shelby you want it to be a perfect as you can get it. Plus as long as its done correctly I be hard pressed to believe someone is going to see it looks any different than the others.

just my humble .00002cents

:D

I find this a shame for you to say. We now have over 8000 registered members on this site.

I have been watching over the last couple weeks we have been GAINING 2-3 members per day.

There have been 1 or 2 people taking offense over their cars and it doesn't seem right that you make this statement.

The majority of people here welcome any input about the car because it gives them insight as to what to check on their cars.

At the same time we all wish to have PROOF over certain items brought up.

Don't take this the wrong way, I am not looking for some debate. I am only stating a fact.

My opinion if it matters is I would have the stripe changed....by someone capable of doing a good job. Not someone who has never done one before.

Although i agree with your general statement. Maybe you did not see Kstrons replyto theis new person on the board but it was hardly a warm welcome . Kstons has been deleted by grabber. If you saw it you would have understood, somebody needed to apologize to theis new board member for the initial bashing he got from kstons.

Although i agree with your general statement. Maybe you did not see Kstrons replyto theis new person on the board but it was hardly a warm welcome.Matter of fact, i would LOVE to klnow why grabber deleted it Without it there, My reply makes me look like an :censored: ?? Kstons has been deleted by grabber. If you saw it you would have understood, somebody needed to apologize to theis new board member for the initial bashing he got from kstons.

I apologize for bashing this newbie. When I replied only his second post was visible. I felt it quite rude to slam AMY publicly. So Welcome, shlbycrz. I get grumpy too.

I forgot the rule "Don't slam em till 10 posts".

Did you read my Disclaimer? Have a nice day.

Although i agree with your general statement. Maybe you did not see Kstrons replyto theis new person on the board but it was hardly a warm welcome . Kstons has been deleted by grabber. If you saw it you would have understood, somebody needed to apologize to this new board member for the initial bashing he got from kstons.

ShelbyGT500,

You are right...the reply from kstrong was in defence of Amy since he interpreted this post as a dig at her for some reason. I think the new member just put it in the wrong forum and the new postor did not know that Amy has nothing to do with a scratched stripe in a GT500. You gave the new guy a group hug....which he needed. :grouphug:

I should of explained that when I moved the post and deleted the dig at the new guy and took Amy out of the stripe scratch question. I did not mean to bring negitivity your way. Again thank you for helping the new guy.

Sorry for the confusion.

Edit: shelbycrz - I moved this thread to the general discussion forum so our members can give you input on your question. Welcome to the site and enjoy it. Grabber

Like I said, there are many, many members here who have plenty of insight to share with you. Sometimes you don't even have to ask, they will just shove their insight right down your throat and pull it out of your ass!

As you can see, fixing a defect on your Shelby would never be considered a modification of the original configuration unless, in this case anyway, you changed the color of the stripes or something like that.

Besides, and we have beat the shit out of this opinion too, drive, modify, and enjoy your Shelby anyway you like. Carroll would tell you the same thing right to your face. Don't sit on the car speculating what may or may not happen with it's future value. Look around at some of the custom mods that others have already done to their Shelby's here. Sure, I would keep every original nut and bolt you ever take off the car, but otherwise just enjoy your baby and don't think about its future.

Wow - would have love to read the nastygram that got this thread started! :violin:

shlbycrz - I had the same dilemma - to modify or not to modify...that is the question...and horsepower is the answer. Seriously, i thought about leaving the car bone stock but 5 minutes on this site made me change my mind. For me, this is a car that I will never sell and hope to give to my oldest son (car nut at 5) some day - so whatever I / we do with it (he helps as much as he can) it makes it more personal and important to me. I keep all the original parts so that some day, if desired, it can go back to its former self. Frankly, though, the upgrades I have done have so changed the car that I can't imagine it any other way.

Whatever you decide - I hope you do it for you and for your own reasons. I'm sure that there are a lot of people here who would hate my quarter window louvers, etc. - but your car is all about having fun. Enjoy! And remember - (best quote I have heard on this site - Drive it like you stole it!)

Wow consider yourself LUCKY, you could of had a dent or a paint scratch. Replacing a partial stripe when the car is still new will not be noticable. Dont forget the biggest factor........

......0 to 60 4.5...LOL.....Now you feel better?.....BillyRay Phx az

post-3364-1172002713_thumb.jpg

post-3364-1172002713_thumb.jpg

I too was all about keeping my car original.probally more than most. Then i did some math and realized.I was foolish to even think that way. Im going to enjoy making my car its own and mod it. Im actually all done moddiing it but you get the point. If there was one thing i could force down somebody's throat it would be to drive,modify and enjoy this car. This car was meant to be driven not sit around.

Ive already done

20" wheels

exhaust

tint

stage 2

It makes the car so much more fun to have your own taSTE in the car instead of just another gt 500.

before i give a picture to drool over LOL heres my math.I think these #s are are on the reasonable side too.

20 years later............

8000 -10,000 cars built. I know for a fact that there are ALOT of these cars put away for "collectabilty" I almost was one of them .

Lets say for fun that ONLY yes ONLY 500 were put away. I thik the number is much higher but here goes.

500 cars over 10 years. That means that every week for 10 years there would be one for sale n pristine condition on ebay . How much do you think they are going to be worth?? Not too much....................enjoy it now!!

double that 500 cars and make it more reasonable at 1000 cars........ It will make you sick.This aint the 60s no more :) If i wear mine out, Ill go buy another one in 10 years that someone collected for around 50-60k if i want one that bad. But im sure by then, I will probally want a bigger boat LOL

Hey guys,

thanks for all the insight. I just made an appointment with the dealer to fix the stripe. I'm also ordering some 20" wheels for my shelby.

Tanks Again

Now you MUST post details and pics on the wheels...we are foaming at the mouth for wheel info. Let me play like SCGT here....

what size wheels? what offset? what width?

how did you get the sensors on the new wheels? did you re-use the old sensors and bands?

which wheels? cost? do they clear the front calipers ok?

did the sensors auto-calibrate ok? how did that go?

we have lots of wheel questions....give us all you got.

Dave

before i give a picture to drool over LOL heres my math.I think these #s are are on the reasonable side too.

20 years later............

8000 -10,000 cars built. I know for a fact that there are ALOT of these cars put away for "collectabilty" I almost was one of them .

Lets say for fun that ONLY yes ONLY 500 were put away. I thik the number is much higher but here goes.

500 cars over 10 years. That means that every week for 10 years there would be one for sale n pristine condition on ebay . How much do you think they are going to be worth?? Not too much....................enjoy it now!!

double that 500 cars and make it more reasonable at 1000 cars........ It will make you sick.This aint the 60s no more :) If i wear mine out, Ill go buy another one in 10 years that someone collected for around 50-60k if i want one that bad. But im sure by then, I will probally want a bigger boat LOL

Suppose for some unforseen reason, they stop making them tomorrow

Archived