TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Team Shelby cruise to Knott's Berry Farm

kahmann

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Guy's,

We are planning on hosting a Open House / BBQ to welcome out of town guest to Fabulous Fords Forever. We will post the details on signing up shortly. But who's in for a free bbq lunch? We could do a short cruise afterwards if enough people are interested.

281 Motorsports - less than 8 miles to FFF

1312 E. Orangethorpe Ave

Fullerton, CA 92831

Jason,

That would be fun...but at the rate we're going I still won't have a car by then! :banghead:

John

Hey Guy's,

We are planning on hosting a Open House / BBQ to welcome out of town guest to Fabulous Fords Forever. We will post the details on signing up shortly. But who's in for a free bbq lunch? We could do a short cruise afterwards if enough people are interested.

1312 E. Orangethorpe Ave

Fullerton, CA 92831

I would definately appreciate meeting with all the 281 folks. I will be coming down from Oregon so a free bbq would be great.

Rich n Pam

http://www.fabulousfordsforever.org/

The date for the 26th annual FabulousFords Forever show at Knott's Berry Farm has been announced, so now's a good time to start gauging interest in an organized Team Shelby cruise to the event. The show will be Sunday, April 10th, 2011. We'll meet up with the California Mustang Club on the morning of Friday, April 8th and cruise down together.

TS members check in here, if you have interest in joining this cruise to Knott'sBerry Farm.

Cruise meeting location:

Hotel De Oro

13070 State Highway 33

Santa Nella, CA 95322

Hotel De Oro is offering a discount rate of $59, for those wishing to stay the night before the cruise.

Count me I'm on this....Should be a blast.

Tom

When making a reservation, ask for the "California Mustang Club Rate".

Meet - 6:30AM

Depart - 7:00AM

1st stop:

Lost Hills

Exit CA-46 Lost Hills/Wasco

Gas - Chevron, 76, Beacon, Texaco

Food - McDonald's, Jack In The Box, Wendy's, Denny's

It's 2 hours from Santa Nella. We will stop here for 1 hour.

Clock starts as last car pulls in.

2nd stop:

Gravevine Petro Truck Stop

I-5 @ Laval Road West

5821 Dennis McCarthy Dr.

Lebec, CA 93243

We will stop here for 35 minutes and meet up with the other leg of the cruise from HWY 99. Clock starts as last car pulls in.

Local Meeting Locations (which will all depart to the Hotel De Oro):

SACRAMENTO

Denny's Restaurant

925 3rd Street

Sacramento, CA 95814

Meet - 4:15AM

Depart - 4:30AM

CENTRAL VALLEY

Save Mart

1950 West 11th Street

Tracy, CA 95376

Meet - 5:15AM

Depart - 5:30AM

EAST BAY

Genos Country Store

1000 N. Vasco Rd.

Livermore, CA 94551

Meet - 5:00AM

Depart - 5:15AM

SAN FRANCISCO AREA

Treasure Island in the diagonal parking on your left, as you approach the gates, facing the city.

Meet - 4:00AM

Depart - 4:15AM

SAN JOSE

Silver Creek Target

3155 Silver Creek Rd.

San Jose, CA 95121

Meet - 5:15AM

Depart - 5:30AM

FRESNO

Starbucks

6833 N. Golden State Blvd. #101

Fresno, CA 93722

Meet - 7:45AM

Depart - 8:15AM

TS Members going on the cruise:

1. kahmann - Ken - 08 Shelby GT

2. cobrakidz - Bruce -00 Cobra R

3. blkGT500nCA - Brian -08 GT500

4. SicShelby - Gabe - 08 GT500

5. 0201212 - James -

6. Stormracer - Rich - 07 Shelby GT

• 4 weeks later...

It's OFFICIAL - we are doing a BBQ lunch at the "Mustang Clubhouse" the day before Knott's! We will also put together a nice scenic windy canyon cruise afterwards! If you would like to be added to the invite list, send an email to events@281m.com

Our new "Mustang Clubhouse" has a dual "drivers" driving simulator, fully stocked ice chest, 1.050sq inch MASSIVE BBQ, lift for showin off and a detailer waiting to get your car cleaned and detailed for the show! Who's in?

It's OFFICIAL - we are doing a BBQ lunch at the "Mustang Clubhouse" the day before Knott's! We will also put together a nice scenic windy canyon cruise afterwards! If you would like to be added to the invite list, send an email to events@281m.com

Our new "Mustang Clubhouse" has a dual "drivers" driving simulator, fully stocked ice chest, 1.050sq inch MASSIVE BBQ, lift for showin off and a detailer waiting to get your car cleaned and detailed for the show! Who's in?

Email Sent!

Rich n Pam

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

We will be sending out the invites for our BBQ shortly. I know were having a few BIG groups come from out of town. If this gets big enought we'll get the live band again for a concert! Please send an email to events@281m.com if you want to be added to the invite list.

Hey Guys,

We will be sending out the invites for our BBQ shortly. I know were having a few BIG groups come from out of town. If this gets big enought we'll get the live band again for a concert! Please send an email to events@281m.com if you want to be added to the invite list.

Is the BBQ Saturday or Sunday?

Hey Guy's,

1312 E. Orangethorpe Ave

Fullerton, CA 92831

Are you ever going accept classics and other Fords to join your club? It sure sounds like a lot of fun, but I own a classic Mustang.

Count me in on this. Should be a blast.

Tom

Right on Tom, I'll get you on the list!

Quick update for everyone - we've got 70+ Mustangs total signed up to go on the cruise. Let's get some more Shelbys into that mix. :shift:

So are you telling me your club is not just for 05 and up Stangs? If I could join, how much? I am interested. Thanks.

LOL, we're not a club, we are a Mustang Performance Shop...but we are starting an informal club! No cost, just send events@281m.com an email and we'll get you an invite sent out.

LOL, we're not a club, we are a Mustang Performance Shop...but we are starting an informal club! No cost, just send events@281m.com an email and we'll get you an invite sent out.

I forgot you were a shop :banghead: , I don't blame you for LOL. Sorry about that. I am that gear shift knob guy if you recall a couple of years ago. I live on the other side of Santa Gertrudes, not to far from you. I saw your Stang parked on your yard shortly after the Bash, and I must say it looks awsome. I hope to be able to cruise to Vegas next year, or the following year. It sure looked like a lot of fun. Take care.

PM sent :)

Thank you. I registered to CA-Mustangs but it tells me that I do not have privlages to do anything. I live in La Mirada, CA and I am about 5 miles away from Knotts. Is there a place somewhere locally in the LA area where I can meet up with the group for the cruise in, or are you planing a cruise at a different time? Also what are the plans regarding 281 Motorsports. From what I see, they are having a barbaque the day before the show. Is that when the group is cruising into town? I am looking forward to meeting some of the members. I have participated at the 03,04,and 07 FFF on my own. I was wondering, do I register my car as a 65 fastback(tribute Shelby), or do I register it so I can park with the club/ST members? I will hold off on registering my car until I get a reply. I am really excited about the show this time, to be with a group sounds like it will be a blast. Thank you for the invite.

Archived