TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Black satin stripes

BDrool

Year and a half since I got my Black/Black GT500. The Black Satin stripes are starting to look chalky to gray. Anybody have tips on cleaning these without stripping the wax around the stripe edges. Sprays don't work to well since controlling the overspray is almost impossible. Strange thing is, all the plactic parts, the extractor and the gurney, flap still look like new.

Sorry if this has come up before but I searched and couldn't pin it down. There has been a lot of talk on waxes for the paint but not much on the stripes. Thanks

Year and a half since I got my Black/Black GT500. The Black Satin stripes are starting to look chalky to gray. Anybody have tips on cleaning these without stripping the wax around the stripe edges. Sprays don't work to well since controlling the overspray is almost impossible. Strange thing is, all the plactic parts, the extractor and the gurney, flap still look like new.

Sorry if this has come up before but I searched and couldn't pin it down. There has been a lot of talk on waxes for the paint but not much on the stripes. Thanks

Had mine since January 2010 - no problems yet...did have an issue the first time I waxed the car...evidently I did not get a good cover on the stripes and they looked streaky...just went over them again real good and all was well. My car is a garaged car and very seldom sits in the sun longer than a movie takes to watch. Don't know if that has anything to do with it....I love the satin stripes!!

Clean with 50/50 vinegar & water. Polish with liquid detailer. This is the stuff I use

http://www.chemicalguys.com/Pink_Quick_Detail_Spray_Made_By_CG_Yes_p/wac_102_16.htm

Hey Mullens!

What kind of wax have you been using on your car? Just the liquid detaier ? I have heard of the success of the Vinegar solution before ...

-HAWKBARR

Hey Mullens!

What kind of wax have you been using on your car? Just the liquid detaier ? I have heard of the success of the Vinegar solution before ...

-HAWKBARR

I use the liquid detailer on the stripes and between waxes. The stuff is great becasue it contains no wax and you can use it on glass and plastic trim. The vingar/water was suggested by another member when I had water spots on the satin stipes. That was the only thing that took them out and it's 100% safe.

For wax I use Chemical Guys butter wax. Great stuff, easy to use and I've got many compliments on the results. I try to stay away from the stripes with wax. No matter how much you rub it seems to leave a film.

http://www.chemicalguys.com/Auto_Detailing_Brazilian_Carnauba_Wet_Finish_Wax_p/wac_104.htm

I use the liquid detailer on the stripes and between waxes. The stuff is great becasue it contains no wax and you can use it on glass and plastic trim. The vingar/water was suggested by another member when I had water spots on the satin stipes. That was the only thing that took them out and it's 100% safe.

For wax I use Chemical Guys butter wax. Great stuff, easy to use and I've got many compliments on the results. I try to stay away from the stripes with wax. No matter how much you rub it seems to leave a film.

http://www.chemicalguys.com/Auto_Detailing_Brazilian_Carnauba_Wet_Finish_Wax_p/wac_104.htm

Thanks Mullens, I'll give it a try ! I've been using Zaino Z2, but am always looking for the right wax to match the car's paint, particularly on my black paint. -HAWKBARR

Archived