TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Wrench Size

davegt500

Pick up new Shelby Thursday....going to have dealer put up on lift first. What is the socket size I need to take with me to lower the aero cover under the engine? To look over the area.

Its hinged, right?

Thanks for info.

Pick up new Shelby Thursday....going to have dealer put up on lift first. What is the socket size I need to take with me to lower the aero cover under the engine? To look over the area.

Its hinged, right?

Thanks for info.

Are you talking about the air splitter on the front? If so, it only covers the bottom of the radiators. The rest of the bottom end of the motor is exposed.

If the dealer is working with you like this for inspection, have them remove it or borrow their tools.

Its hinged, right?

Thanks for info.

Have them lower it for you,especially if you havent paid for the car yet

Are you talking about the air splitter on the front? If so, it only covers the bottom of the radiators. The rest of the bottom end of the motor is exposed.

If the dealer is working with you like this for inspection, have them remove it or borrow their tools.

No cover under the front, huh? I had the impression from somewhere that there was and it had to be opened to access the oil filter.

Oh well, whatever.Thanks for response though!

No cover under the front, huh? I had the impression from somewhere that there was and it had to be opened to access the oil filter.

Filter and oil drain is in plain sight and easy to access. PM stevedm for a pic. He had his car on a lift a few weeks ago and has pics of everything.

Mustang GTs have the cover. It's actually really annoying. My 2010 GT had the cover that came all the way off, that wasn't bad. The 2011 is hinged at the back, that's annoying. While I don't have to worry about it coming off completely, it's near impossible to get it out of the way for an oil change. Especially since Ford continues to insist on horizontally mounted oil filters!!!!

The GT500 was MUCH easier to change the oil.

Archived