TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Urgent Help Needed

OK, I've just removed my driver's side valve cover and started to put the new ones on when I notice that there is no hole and bolt in the very front spot where I removed one on my originals...it appears that they may have changed designs, but there is no hole at the very front...OK to go ahead and install them or should I drill out for the front bolt and use one of the originals in the new cover???

Standing by for any responses!!!

Carl

You are good to go! they changed the number of bolts used, but they seal just fine, don't forget to use some sealant where the timing cover meets the heads too, there should have been a blob of it when you removed the old ones where i'm talking about... 4 spots in total!

good luck man!

You are good to go! they changed the number of bolts used, but they seal just fine, don't forget to use some sealant where the timing cover meets the heads too, there should have been a blob of it when you removed the old ones where i'm talking about... 4 spots in total!

good luck man!

Thanks, but I'm assuming that they REALLY changed the design, because everything I read says they have 15 bolts and my old ones only have 10 and the new one only has 9...Are you sure I'm good to go??? I'm worried about oil leaks now!!!

Thanks guys, got them installed and all is well...Took her out for a spin after re-connecting the battery and all and came back in and checked for any leaks and all is tight.

Appreciate the information on short notice!

Team Shelby is a GREAT bunch of people that I am really glad to be associated with.

Thanks again,

Carl

Here are a few of the finished product...Hard to see with all the wiring over them, but beat the heck out of the stock cover look...

Looking good! Yep, I may have to add those to the LONG list of mods! Funny how that list isn't getting any shorter!

Sam

Archived