TEAM SHELBY FORUM

FRPP Front and Rear Lowering

zcp789

• 1 month later...

Bringing up an old thread, but how do these feel on the stock struts. My plan right now is to just do the FRPP springs, necessary camber bolts/plates, and adjustable panhard. I was going to do the entire handling pack, but I like the way the car handles as is. I would just like it a tad lower.

Bringing up an old thread, but how do these feel on the stock struts. My plan right now is to just do the FRPP springs, necessary camber bolts/plates, and adjustable panhard. I was going to do the entire handling pack, but I like the way the car handles as is. I would just like it a tad lower.

I still have the OEM shocks/struts with the FRPP springs and they ride fine so far. I know the shocks/struts will tend to wear faster since they aren't optimized for the lower ride height, so they'll be replaced one day. In the mean while I am enjoying the enhanced ride and lower stance.

So with the FRPP springs only lowering this short amount, are camber/caster plates or bolts required to be able to get to hit say a -.75 degrees of camber for daily driving? Or will I be able to reach this setup without them? Sorry for the questions about this simple stuff. I can tell you everything you need to know about Honda/Acura suspensions, but I have just been out of the domestic cars for too long...lol. My last Mustang was in '96.

So with the FRPP springs only lowering this short amount, are camber/caster plates or bolts required to be able to get to hit say a -.75 degrees of camber for daily driving? Or will I be able to reach this setup without them? Sorry for the questions about this simple stuff. I can tell you everything you need to know about Honda/Acura suspensions, but I have just been out of the domestic cars for too long...lol. My last Mustang was in '96.

Lowering the front end will increase negative camber. My camber is set to -0.8 (driver's side) and -0.9 degrees with MM camber/caster plates and you can see from the picture below that the strut stem is positioned outboard of center. I would have to believe on my car, you can't get to -0.75 degrees without a means to adjust camber. Could it be withing spec without the camber plates? .... Perhaps, but I wanted to be able to dial-in the camber to minimize tire wear.

IMG_4019.jpg

Lowering the front end will increase negative camber. My camber is set to -0.8 (driver's side) and -0.9 degrees with MM camber/caster plates and you can see from the picture below that the strut stem is positioned outboard of center. I would have to believe on my car, you can't get to -0.75 degrees without a means to adjust camber. Could it be withing spec without the camber plates? .... Perhaps, but I wanted to be able to dial-in the camber to minimize tire wear.

IMG_4019.jpg

Awesome this is what I wanted to know. I agree with you totally on being able to dial in the settings you want. I have never cheated out on doing a suspension setup right, so I guess I will be doing the camber/caster plates on here. Thanks for the help and the pics; they helped put it into perspective.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived