TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Discovered a new feature on the car yesterday....

So unfortunately, the season is changing here up north and it is time to put the Snake to bed for the winter. I preparation I thought that I would run down the tank of gas and put a bit of new treated gas in it before parking the car. Well, I got a lot closer to empty than I have had a vehicle in many years. The computer on the car said I had about 5 km (3 miles) left until empty which is not a big deal since I live about 4 blocks from a gas station. When I started up the car last night to go get some gas I thought the dash lights were screwed up for a second. I have my dash lights set to a dark blue and sometimes when you switch the lights on my dash goes red for a couple seconds before turning blue. However, apparently if you are below empty on the gas gauge it stays red no matter what the color of the dash lights. Once I filled up it went back to blue. Neat feature that I hope to never actually need. I guess it wouldn't quite work if you have chosen red as your dash light color though.

Cheers

Brett

:)

So unfortunately, the season is changing here up north and it is time to put the Snake to bed for the winter. I preparation I thought that I would run down the tank of gas and put a bit of new treated gas in it before parking the car. Well, I got a lot closer to empty than I have had a vehicle in many years. The computer on the car said I had about 5 km (3 miles) left until empty which is not a big deal since I live about 4 blocks from a gas station. When I started up the car last night to go get some gas I thought the dash lights were screwed up for a second. I have my dash lights set to a dark blue and sometimes when you switch the lights on my dash goes red for a couple seconds before turning blue. However, apparently if you are below empty on the gas gauge it stays red no matter what the color of the dash lights. Once I filled up it went back to blue. Neat feature that I hope to never actually need. I guess it wouldn't quite work if you have chosen red as your dash light color though.

Cheers

Brett

Happened to me at a track event. Scared me at 1st as any red on the dash in that situation is bad. But I quickly figured it out. Had to by the exspensive race gas at d track. Couldn't chance driving to a gas station off site. Man I love the smell of race gas