TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 SVT Order Question, Need Opinion and Help ASAP

Inconsiderate

Hello all,

I have a question concerning about an order I made. Here is the situation, I went to a dealership 3 months ago and I said I am interested in purchasing a 2011 SVT GT500 and I would like to negotiate for it now (I am ready to pay MSRP though but would like to make a deal.). In reply, he stated that he could not do so until there is an invoice on hand for the car I wish to buy. He said that I would have to leave a deposit and make an order since the color and package combination I wanted was not available. I was wondering if this is true that the dealership cannot negotiate until there is an actual invoice.

I have followed up every other week trying to see if I there was a VIN number or an invoice yet so I could negotiate on a price. Just this week when I called again, I was told that they finally have a VIN number and the car is on the train and due for arrival in the next few weeks. They also said I cannot negotiate yet since they do not have an invoice until the car is physically there (Would this be true?). Well during the waiting time I was able to negotiate a price of $50,990 .00 at a few dealerships and on the last call I brought this up to the dealership's attention. In reply, the dealership that I ordered with said that I am getting a good deal (MSRP) since most dealers are selling 4,000-7,000 over invoice and that I agreed on MSRP since deposit, which is not true at all.

I would like some feedback on what you all think and is it possible to get my deposit back and go buy one from somewhere else?

Thanks,

Teo in Texas

I don't know if you can get your deposit back because I don't know what you signed. Everything hinges on what you signed.

It doesn't sound like this dealership is the kind I would choose to do business with. They having been lying to you every step of the way. They would've had a VIN before the car started down the line. Lot's of people cut deals on cars they are ordering, you don't need to wait for a VIN or an invoice. It's up to the deal to decide what they sell the car for and Ford has nothing to do with this. The only thing on Ford's end that could affect price would be rebates or financing at time of delivery.

Buy your GT500 elsewhere. Also I'm pretty sure that production for 2011 GT500's has ended.

I don't know if you can get your deposit back because I don't know what you signed. Everything hinges on what you signed.

It doesn't sound like this dealership is the kind I would choose to do business with. They having been lying to you every step of the way. They would've had a VIN before the car started down the line. Lot's of people cut deals on cars they are ordering, you don't need to wait for a VIN or an invoice. It's up to the deal to decide what they sell the car for and Ford has nothing to do with this. The only thing on Ford's end that could affect price would be rebates or financing at time of delivery.

Buy your GT500 elsewhere. Also I'm pretty sure that production for 2011 GT500's has ended.

Are you in north Texas? Try Durant in Weatherford....they also sell Roush Mustangs

Hello all,

I have a question concerning about an order I made. Here is the situation, I went to a dealership 3 months ago and I said I am interested in purchasing a 2011 SVT GT500 and I would like to negotiate for it now (I am ready to pay MSRP though but would like to make a deal.). In reply, he stated that he could not do so until there is an invoice on hand for the car I wish to buy. He said that I would have to leave a deposit and make an order since the color and package combination I wanted was not available. I was wondering if this is true that the dealership cannot negotiate until there is an actual invoice.

I have followed up every other week trying to see if I there was a VIN number or an invoice yet so I could negotiate on a price. Just this week when I called again, I was told that they finally have a VIN number and the car is on the train and due for arrival in the next few weeks. They also said I cannot negotiate yet since they do not have an invoice until the car is physically there (Would this be true?). Well during the waiting time I was able to negotiate a price of $50,990 .00 at a few dealerships and on the last call I brought this up to the dealership's attention. In reply, the dealership that I ordered with said that I am getting a good deal (MSRP) since most dealers are selling 4,000-7,000 over invoice and that I agreed on MSRP since deposit, which is not true at all.

I would like some feedback on what you all think and is it possible to get my deposit back and go buy one from somewhere else?

Thanks,

Teo in Texas

Please tell me this isn't in San Antonio.

Mac Haik Ford in Victoria, Tx has a '10 Kona/ Silver on it's showroom with 2,000 miles on it and they will make you one hell of a deal on it. They told me around $39,000. They also have a white and red striped SVT package '11 brand new. They are willing to deal on that one also. Don't let a dealer hold you hostage. Have somebody you know call them and act like an attorney or if you know a lawyer a phone call should resolve your issue and get your deposit back. Also a huge RED flag is if the dealer says he can get you a car in color combos or option package combos that Ford does not offer, regards, denohew

Deposit refunds are a state thing. In PA as long as you don't take possession of the car you can get 100% of your money back. No questions no fights, the PA law says you MUST get 100% of your money back. You would need to check with the TX Attorney General's office.

Every bit of crap that dealer fed you was just that : CRAP! There wasn't one honest part of what they told you. Get your money back and find a dealer that will sell you one for 1K over INVOICE not MSRP. If not move to the next dealer. There are plenty of ones that will. Don't pay a penny above 1K over invoice. You can find a dealer that will do it with a day's search on eBay/auto trader/forums etc... You might need to go a bit to get the car but you will save $$$ in the long run.

Yes, there are still dealers selling '500s for over MSRP to uneducated suckers. They laugh all the way to the bank with their commission checks too. Don't even be a part of the MSRP scam. Dealers are still starving and when push comes to shove they'll make a deal to avoid losing a sale.

If you paid your deposit with a credit card dispute it through the credit card company. I did it was easy, and they immediately reversed the charges for me. Otherwise, go to the other dealer and make a deal contingent on you getting your money back. I'm sure they will help you navigate your refund so they can make the sale.

Deposit refunds are a state thing. In PA as long as you don't take possession of the car you can get 100% of your money back. No questions no fights, the PA law says you MUST get 100% of your money back. You would need to check with the TX Attorney General's office.

Every bit of crap that dealer fed you was just that : CRAP! There wasn't one honest part of what they told you. Get your money back and find a dealer that will sell you one for 1K over INVOICE not MSRP. If not move to the next dealer. There are plenty of ones that will. Don't pay a penny above 1K over invoice. You can find a dealer that will do it with a day's search on eBay/auto trader/forums etc... You might need to go a bit to get the car but you will save $$$ in the long run.

Yes, there are still dealers selling '500s for over MSRP to uneducated suckers. They laugh all the way to the bank with their commission checks too. Don't even be a part of the MSRP scam. Dealers are still starving and when push comes to shove they'll make a deal to avoid losing a sale.

+1!!!

I bought mine in Alvin (south of Houston) about 3 months ago for 1K over invoice and negotiated the price before ordering. Get your money back!

Thanks for all the feedback.

This is in the DFW area. The reason I am posting this is because I really have an uneasy feeling with this dealership and how they are handling things. I feel like as if I have been mistreated and wanted to see if this uneasy feeling is not just in my head and wanted to clarify and see if anything they told me held any truth.

The paper I signed just said it was for an Order# which doesnt specify anything. It just states that its a deposit for order #..... and Credit for the order.

On a side not, a dealership that I went to earlier that I got a price quote that is below MSRP contacted me and said they have one in stock with the exact specs that i was trying to get, directly off the assembly line.

Thanks,

Teo

This is in the DFW area. The reason I am posting this is because I really have an uneasy feeling with this dealership and how they are handling things. I feel like as if I have been mistreated and wanted to see if this uneasy feeling is not just in my head and wanted to clarify and see if anything they told me held any truth.

The paper I signed just said it was for an Order# which doesnt specify anything. It just states that its a deposit for order #..... and Credit for the order.

On a side not, a dealership that I went to earlier that I got a price quote that is below MSRP contacted me and said they have one in stock with the exact specs that i was trying to get, directly off the assembly line.

Thanks,

Teo

Well if the other deal has what you want and is offering you a good price I would be at their front door first thing in the morning. You can worry about your deposit after you get your new GT500.

Well if the other deal has what you want and is offering you a good price I would be at their front door first thing in the morning. You can worry about your deposit after you get your new GT500.

+1

Then you can drive your new GT500 to the other dealer to get your $ back.

I just went through a similar issue in July trying to get our GT500.

I took everyone's options into consideration and I purchased the 2011 SVT GT500 from the other dealership. I got a better deal then expected. I ended up buying a GT500 with everything I was looking for and more. I bought a 2011 White (stripe delete) SVT GT500 with Electronics package (didn't really want in the first place) that included nitrogen filled tires and window tint for a lot less and also got my gfs thier GT500 for a better deal that will be an exact match of what I got.

Thanks,

Teo

I took everyone's options into consideration and I purchased the 2011 SVT GT500 from the other dealership. I got a better deal then expected. I ended up buying a GT500 with everything I was looking for and more. I bought a 2011 White (stripe delete) SVT GT500 with Electronics package (didn't really want in the first place) that included nitrogen filled tires and window tint for a lot less and also got my gfs thier GT500 for a better deal that will be an exact match of what I got.

Thanks,

Teo

Nice!

Any pics of the car?

Archived