TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Help Me Choose

goodwin74

Good day everyone. I'm new to the group and looking for assistance. I'm currently in Afghanistan and I've been in talks with my wife and she agreed to me purchasing my 2nd dream car since the first one was a little too much for her (2011 Z06). I'm going with the 2011 Shelby GT500 in white but I'm tied between the all white and white with silver stripes. The bad thing about the white with silver stripes is that I cannot get the SVT package with that color combo. I would love to have the stripes so what would be some of the benefits of owning the SVT compared to non SVT. I don't want to put this on the track so thats not a major concern.

Good day everyone. I'm new to the group and looking for assistance. I'm currently in Afghanistan and I've been in talks with my wife and she agreed to me purchasing my 2nd dream car since the first one was a little too much for her (2011 Z06). I'm going with the 2011 Shelby GT500 in white but I'm tied between the all white and white with silver stripes. The bad thing about the white with silver stripes is that I cannot get the SVT package with that color combo. I would love to have the stripes so what would be some of the benefits of owning the SVT compared to non SVT. I don't want to put this on the track so thats not a major concern.

Go with the SVT Package and if you really want the lemans Stripes, have them painted on.

Yes, I can understand painting the stripes on myself but I'd rather keep it original except for the exhaust. Besides, if i'm not taking it to the track, how much difference would I actually receive from having the SVT compared to the non version?

When I buy a Car, I aways think of Resale Value............................. Even if you plan to sell it. with all the problems they are having with the factory Stripes, I think it would be a major plus to have them Painted on. Would you like to have strangers driving your Shelby? Several members on here have had their stripes replaced more then once. Trust me, Paint them on.

Archived