TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Red Stripe Edition ?

vandy09

ive looked around but i cant seem to find much info on them. ive found a little for the 07 as far as production numbers.

i just picked up an 09 white with the red stripes, int. and badges. just trying to find out more info on the car

thanks in advance

vandy

ive looked around but i cant seem to find much info on them. ive found a little for the 07 as far as production numbers.

i just picked up an 09 white with the red stripes, int. and badges. just trying to find out more info on the car

thanks in advance

vandy

Here is a link to a pdf file with all the production numbers and for you car make sure to get the certificate from ford.

Production info

Certificate Info

Welcome to the Red package group.

thanks in advance

vandy

Welcome, Here is my 2009.... Number 5 of 89 builtpost-29119-057320100 1287622919_thumb.jpg

so am i reading this right with 89 coupes and 8 verts? wow that seems pretty low

thanks. ive been wanting one for a while and my wife finally made me trade in my 03 gt for it. cars amazing, more than i thought it would be by far

so am i reading this right with 89 coupes and 8 verts? wow that seems pretty low

thanks. ive been wanting one for a while and my wife finally made me trade in my 03 gt for it. cars amazing, more than i thought it would be by far

Thats correct 89 Coupes built. I have all the Ford documentation....

post-29119-027302700 1287623792_thumb.jpg

im gonna have to get one of the certs and figure out what mine is. i was pretty sad to see my gt go but everytime i get in this one it makes me a little less sad

This is what I sold to buy my Shelby. I purchased the Plymouth "NEW"

So you can imagine what I went through...

post-29119-037250000 1287714853_thumb.jpg

post-29119-027302700 1287623792_thumb.jpg

This is what I sold to buy my Shelby. I purchased the Plymouth "NEW"

So you can imagine what I went through...

Good looking car. A friend had a white one (426 Hemi), w/3sp auto trans when 4 speed manuals were the thing; he kicked ass with the auto and it was his family car! :hysterical:

Yea, they did not offer the Red Appearance Package on coupes in '08, but it was a must-have, so I did it aftermarket. Badging and all. So, to me (and me only I suppose) that makes it 1 of 0 built.

:D

The '09 model year was a short run for Shelby's (due to the 2010 coming) so even fewer Red Stripe versions. In '07 coupes only, '08 Vert only, then '09 both coupe and vert Red Stripes....

My wife has an '08 Vert.

Keith

I purchased my '07 with the understanding that this option package (54R) would be limited to that model year and would truly be a "limited edition" model. Didn't quite work out that way. I still love the car, but am using it as a daily driver. Also still love the color combination.

Found a Red Package for sale in San Diego today for $40,000 and only 3500 miles! You are right not to many for sale!

Red Package GT500

That is a sweet deal considering these were sometimes selling for over 60K when new...

The seller doesn't seem to know what he has.

Good thing I don't need 2 of these....well 3; 2 of the same RAP I mean.

ok well i took her on a small road trip for work. she was a little dirty. The weather said 0% chance of rain and sure as hell the first night it was raining. The car is definitly a fun car. I had people taking pics of it everywhere i went (small town in kansas). I had some concerns with the clutch but it seems that the "shutter" is pretty normal. I just need to start driving her harder from what ive read.

anyway here are a few pics i snapped while i was gone

PA261541.jpg

PA261542.jpg

PA261545.jpg

PA261548.jpg

PA261549.jpg

PA261550.jpg

PA261551.jpg

PA261553.jpg

PA251540.jpg

ok well i took her on a small road trip for work. she was a little dirty. The weather said 0% chance of rain and sure as hell the first night it was raining. The car is definitly a fun car. I had people taking pics of it everywhere i went (small town in kansas). I had some concerns with the clutch but it seems that the "shutter" is pretty normal. I just need to start driving her harder from what ive read.

Welcome to the RAP club!

Nice ride and great price. Is the engine all stock still?

yeah they def dont have a lot rollin around. i love the car so far. even bought a 1:18 scale copy of it last night

yeah motor and all is bone stock. people keep buggin me about when im gonna start moddin it but i just laugh at them.

any of u guys going to the shelby show in tulsa?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Archived