TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Painted stripes

steve-o-500

I would like to get the stripes on my car painted on instead of the factor vinyl stripes. My question to all of you is, would you keep the same SVTPP skinny stripes or go with the bigger ones? Right now I have the red w/black pin stripe on the car and I would like to swap that around and go with black being the main color and have a red pin stripe on the outside of the black.

IMG_1297.JPG

38438_1555318927901_1383054200_2690267_2289183_n.jpg

Hope this helps:

fordmustangshelbygt5002l.jpg

fordmustangshelbygt5002.jpg

Thanks for the PS work. I like the black for sure.

First, you DEFINITELY need to go with the WIDE stripes. Second, you DEFINITELY need BLACK STRIPES. I personally would not do the red pinstripes, but if you must, then make sure that the main stripe is BLACK. It's the best color for your silver car.

The main reason I would want the red pinstripes is because of the red striping on the seats. I would like to tie in the red somehow.

I absolutely love the silver with black stripes. Your car looks amazing!

You might get "dinged on resale" you might not. Resale of a car like this is completely subjective and buyers at this level are sometimes willing to pay more for what they want. Many people have said the same things to me, "you''ll never get that out of it," or "if you ever sell this car...bla bla bla." But the bottom line is if you decide to sell the car, there will be someone out there that will want it the way you made it, you'll just have to be patient in finding them. I was told I was insane for asking $30k for my last 03 Cobra, but guess what I got... $30,000. It was modded to the nines, and most said I was crazy, but there were a few people out there that enjoyed the same tastes as I do in a car and the car sold in a few months. I'd never curb my own personal tastes based on what I think I can get out of it later. I don't know about you, but I bought my car for me, not to keep nice for someone else while I eat the depreciation. Do what you like, make the changes that make you enjoy the car more and then deal with resale when you come to that point.

That being said, I might be part of the minority, but I like the wide red with black pin stripes. I just think the red striped seats would look kind of out of place, even with the small red pin strip on the black stripes.

On another side note, what kind of quotes have you gotten to get the stripes pained on? I was told that it would be a very in depth job, not as easy as it may seem. It was going to be a pretty pricey venture so I just figured if the tape stripes ever peel, I'll just remove them.

You might get "dinged on resale" you might not. Resale of a car like this is completely subjective and buyers at this level are sometimes willing to pay more for what they want. Many people have said the same things to me, "you''ll never get that out of it," or "if you ever sell this car...bla bla bla." But the bottom line is if you decide to sell the car, there will be someone out there that will want it the way you made it, you'll just have to be patient in finding them. I was told I was insane for asking $30k for my last 03 Cobra, but guess what I got... $30,000. It was modded to the nines, and most said I was crazy, but there were a few people out there that enjoyed the same tastes as I do in a car and the car sold in a few months. I'd never curb my own personal tastes based on what I think I can get out of it later. I don't know about you, but I bought my car for me, not to keep nice for someone else while I eat the depreciation. Do what you like, make the changes that make you enjoy the car more and then deal with resale when you come to that point.

That being said, I might be part of the minority, but I like the wide red with black pin stripes. I just think the red striped seats would look kind of out of place, even with the small red pin strip on the black stripes.

On another side note, what kind of quotes have you gotten to get the stripes pained on? I was told that it would be a very in depth job, not as easy as it may seem. It was going to be a pretty pricey venture so I just figured if the tape stripes ever peel, I'll just remove them.

I am going to my paint guy today to talk about the stripes. I will let you know what the quote is. It won't be as bad with the glass roof, they won't have to pull any glass. When I had my 04' painted, that would have raised the cost quite a bit just because they pull the glass to paint the roof.

I am going to get his opinion about the stripes as well. He really had some great ideas for my last car.

I happen to agree with you on the stripes...I love the wide red stripes with the black pinstriping, I think it goes best with the interior, and keeps the original look of the car "with a custom touch" :D

Archived