TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelbyfest 2011

Cobra Boy

Well as plans are coming together for the 2011 Shelbyfest...we are working to make the experience continually more fun and unique than the previous years.

The question is....if a golf tournament/scramble were put together, would you be interested?

Well as plans are coming together for the 2011 Shelbyfest...we are working to make the experience continually more fun and unique than the previous years.

The question is....if a golf tournament/scramble were put together, would you be interested?

I sure wish Shelbyfest was in October and a car show for Fords or at least all Mustangs was promoted. It's boring to me to see nothing but Shelby cars. October is so much better weather wise, less chance of rain and hail. Hail is a draaaag.

I have a few things in the works that will relate to a distance traveled rally and we are doing another original Shelbyfest style poker run this year as well.

We will also be promoting the friday night kick off as an "all car cruise in" and inviting the local and regional car clubs to bring out all their hot rods...of all brands.

Thanks for all the input so far.....

• 2 weeks later...

I don't golf either.......we call that cow pasture pool. I wonder what a Shelbyfest style poker run is like? Oh well, I am only the vendor manager so what would I know. :headscratch:

Greg Z - If you still need a place, come on over.

So noooooooooooow you tell me it's OK to "crash" at your place... I see how this works...

But since I just confirmed and pre-paid for my entire weekend, I'm probably going to have to stick with that...

However, if this place doesn't work out (like my previous two SF weekends) then I'll be sure to get on your "guest list" for 2012 salute.gif

THANKS for the offer!

Gregg

07SGT0547

So noooooooooooow you tell me it's OK to "crash" at your place... I see how this works...

But since I just confirmed and pre-paid for my entire weekend, I'm probably going to have to stick with that...

However, if this place doesn't work out (like my previous two SF weekends) then I'll be sure to get on your "guest list" for 2012 salute.gif

THANKS for the offer!

Gregg

07SGT0547

Sorry about that man. I totally forgot about it until I seen this post and you responded. My door is always open for you and Ester.

Sorry about that man. I totally forgot about it until I seen this post and you responded. My door is always open for you and Ester.

No worries! Have been putting this off for the past couple of months... And finally got around to finding us a nice place for the SF weekend...

Haven't had the best of luck with our previous two stays (2008 & 2009) so I took a little more time looking around the Internet and actually read the "reviews" this time banghead.gif

Decided on the Up, Up & Away place just South of Hermann... Nice, new B&B located up on the hills overlooking Hermann with a view of the entire area...

Maybe I can get Kyle some "aerial" shots of all the cars parked downtown???

Owners are also partners in Wings A' Blazin... So I'm hoping the kitchen at our place is stocked with wings for the entire weekend hysterical.gif

That, and it even comes with my own inside garage bay to park my SGT for the night...

Have a GREAT Winter... See you all when the snow melts!

Gregg

07SGT0547

I sure wish Shelbyfest was in October and a car show for Fords or at least all Mustangs was promoted. It's boring to me to see nothing but Shelby cars. October is so much better weather wise, less chance of rain and hail. Hail is a draaaag.

October is nice too...we had sunny and 70's even this past weekend, and April has proven over and over to be a challenge.

I do wish the event was later in the spring to increase the chance of better, aka warm and sunny, weather!

Here is what the weather was like for the past events:

2007: Sunny and in the 80's

2008: Chilly with very light rain

2009: Sunny and in the 80's

2010: Cloudy and rain and in the 60's

So you see, this next year is going to be sunny and in the 80's if the pattern holds up to be true. Here is my prediction for 2011.

Sunny all day and highs in the mid 70's.

• 2 weeks later...

Hope to make it this year for the first time as I now live in Missouri and no golf for me either. :D

Kyle--let me know if you want any new coloring sheets. How did it go with last year's set?

(Are ther any copies leftover? Would like a set for my collection, that's all I seemed to have doodled for the last year.)

Hope to make it this year for the first time as I now live in Missouri and no golf for me either. :D

Kyle--let me know if you want any new coloring sheets. How did it go with last year's set?

(Are ther any copies leftover? Would like a set for my collection, that's all I seemed to have doodled for the last year.)

Hey "Blip"...good to hear from you.

As always the kids color packets are a hit. Thank you for all your help. I know we have a few left and I will be happy to hook you up.

As far this coming year's color sheets, I would love to have some more. This coming year is our 5 year anniversary so maybe we can work up something commemorative.

Stay in touch with me,

Kyle

• 2 weeks later...

i will make it again this year /but i also dont golf . has a date been set yet?

blubny,

Looking forward to meeting you so come on out.

The dates are on the event website (www.shelbyfest.net) but I do apologize as a website redesign is in the making, we just aren't quite ready to go live with it yet.

The dates for the 2011 event April 29th - May 1st

Archived