TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What lower control arms should I get

dingo2008

Things to consider when getting your control arms is weather or not its going to be a drag/track car or a daily driver or sunday cruiser.

if its going to be a track car go with a race end joint so you dont have to worry about spitting out poly bushings

if its going to be a car thats going to the track once in awhile, go with the poly stuff.

if its just to stop the wheel hop, get the roush upper control arm with the heavy duty rubber, no noise inside the car and it works

I went with the shelby branded bmr stuff and very happy with it. I got double adj upper with bracket, billet lowers, adj panhard and brace. little noisy for the bushings but overall stopped the hop. i'd also get the relocation brackets for the lowers but dont recomend the bmr ones, go with che brand and have them welded in

Well it's mostly only driven on weekends for fun and to car shows, might do a little drag racing or spirited driving on conrners on the street but not a lot of hard core racing no. But I usually like to get the best right away so I don't need to change down the road. I talked to steeda today and I believe he said if I buy the control arms with poly bushings now I can swap the bushings out with spherical ones later if I want. i deffinatly want to get the adjustable upper with heavier bracket on top and pretty sure billet ones on the bottom, just trying to decieced if I should go with spherical ones right away and know they will take the power or try poly ones for now since I won't be racing that much, but I don't want them binding either. I live in MN so a lot of roads here are crap so that might be a reason to go with poly ones. Does the lower relocations help a lot for traction? So is that mostly for if you lower your car or helps even if it is or isn't lowered? Id rather not weld them on, I'd like to be able to put everything back to original some day if I want. J&M says they have a hard poly ball in the middle and two softer ones on the side so it wont bind.

I got these...I haven't noticed any additional NVH and the car handles great. I don't know how they would do w/ 500+ HP though....

J&M 05-09 Mustang Street/Race Extreme Joint Lower Control Arms

http://www.lethalperformance.com/suspension-control-arms-lower-control-arms-jproducts-c-576_795_797_2123_3408/j05-09-mustang-street-race-extreme-joint-lower-control-arms-p-25027

• 2 weeks later...

The J&M Extreme Joints as linked above are what I got. Got them from American Muscle at a great price and free shipping.

What are your impressions on those LCAs? I heard they are noisy, but only from folks who have never used them. All the folks that have the Extreme Joint LCA claim they are quiet. These are the ones I am considering.

Edited by 6-Speed

I have the Shelby Extreme LCA's, brace, Panhard bar, Upper brace, and third link. I installed the LCA's, panhard, and panhard brace. Didn't do the upper yet. With the race ends I get a little gear noise, but it's not too loud. Doesn't bother me because I only drive the car on really nice days. I might change the upper from race ends to poly. I was told that you will get lots of noise from that one being connected directly to the meatball.

The handling is great with the race ends. There is no deflection. It is very responsive. Loving it so far.

• 1 month later...

Sorry, I missed the questions on this one. I didn't install them yet. All I can attest to is their build quality and that appears to be top notch. I'll hopefully be able to isntall them over the winter and I'll give a complete write up when I'm done. My car is pretty much done for the year now and won't be back out until March.

• 2 weeks later...

I went with the Billet Steeda's and they are nice. Cost a little more but look very nice. It;s amazing how the ride changes when the stock ones are taken off. Another good thing about these is the E-brake line goes through the middle and doesn't present a problem. I love how people talk about the noise...LOL with my LT headers and loud stereo the LCA's are the last thing I listen to :hysterical:

post-11313-091136300 1292207129_thumb.jpg

post-11313-091136300 1292207129_thumb.jpg

Edited by fllaw1