TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 GT500 Kicker Upgrade Done

fishingluhrs

Purchased the full Kicker setup from Shelby when they had the 25% off deal, and just got around to getting it installed...well, actually took it to a pro to install it.

Anyway, the upgrade is definitely noticeable, especially on the lower end of things at mid to higher volume with the sub, but it did nothing to solve the problem with the amp rolling back at higher volumes to control distortion.

Also, it really needs separates in the front for the higher ends, just not as crisp as I would like it to be.

I was disappointed in the Shelby Grills which looked cool in the picture. The logo is just a piece of plastic haphazardly glued to the grill. One of them keeps falling off, so I will have to re-glue it.

All in all, its really about $800 worth of upgrade with the sub being the most valuable part of the full upgrade, but adding the Shelby name to it is worth something I guess.

Purchased the full Kicker setup from Shelby when they had the 25% off deal, and just got around to getting it installed...well, actually took it to a pro to install it.

Thanks for the review. I pretty much concur with everything you said...the improvement is mainly from swapping the 6x8's and from what I hear the trunk sub is nice. The amp is just a minor tweak in my opinion. I ripped mine out this past weekend and I could hardly tell the difference from running the speakers off the Shaker500 set up. I also experienced that annoying "roll back" as you put it by the amp. It pretty much ruins the music.

I didn't get the door subs...and your comments make me even less worried about not having them. That's ridiculous that the logo is falling off...I will disagree with on thing..."Adding the shelby name to it is worth something" - for me it's worth $0.00. The speakers could say "huyukiani" for all I care...as long as they sounded good, were easy to install and of good quality.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived