TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Front Brake Caliper Bolts?

Jer

Hello!

I'm hoping to get a chance to install my new Extreme+ front brakes and Eradispeed +2 rears in a week or two.

I'd like to install the calipers with fresh bolts.

Can anyone point me toward a source?

Fordparts.com and other sites haven't been much luck thus far.

Thanks!

Jer

I searched high and low and the ONLY place I could ever find them was the Ford dealership...yes, I had to actually speak to people :hysterical:

• 1 month later...

Hello!

I'm hoping to get a chance to install my new Extreme+ front brakes and Eradispeed +2 rears in a week or two.

I'd like to install the calipers with fresh bolts.

Can anyone point me toward a source?

The first question I have is...why do you feel you need to change them? Were they run dry? Rusty? If you keep them lubed they don't normally wear much, if at all.

Run them dry and that's another story altogether.

I have *always* got the caliper pins from the dealer. Didn't matter what brand of car, it was a dealer item. Heck, I can't even think of a aftermarket source for them....

For the pin lube, go to NAPA and get a tube of silicone lube (grease). I bought a tube back when I was still working (YEARS ago) and I still have it today (point is, it'll last you forever).

Phill

The first question I have is...why do you feel you need to change them? Were they run dry? Rusty? If you keep them lubed they don't normally wear much, if at all.

Run them dry and that's another story altogether.

I have *always* got the caliper pins from the dealer. Didn't matter what brand of car, it was a dealer item. Heck, I can't even think of a aftermarket source for them....

For the pin lube, go to NAPA and get a tube of silicone lube (grease). I bought a tube back when I was still working (YEARS ago) and I still have it today (point is, it'll last you forever).

Phill

Thanks, Phil.

I figured it out, bought and installed 'em a few weeks ago.

Just to clarify, these were for the fronts, they were not caliper pins, they were the stationary caliper mounting bolts, no moving parts... I wanted a fresh set because I suspected the originals might have been stripped a little. They had gone in kind of rough when I switched to Brembos... When I pulled them out to install the Baers, I learned that they were fine, just some excess dried Loctite in the caliper's threads I had missed.

To answer my OWN question for anyone who needs them, the pic below shows the part number. I got them from Hector at Team Ford here in Vegas...

Jer

bolts.jpg

bolts.jpg

• 1 month later...

Why does Ford say to replace them when swapping rotors?

It's called "CYA". Cover Your ASS...it's Fords way of not getting sued because someone over torqued them 2 times back.

It is common practice with large corps. such as FoMoCo/GM/etc.

Phill

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, Phil.

I figured it out, bought and installed 'em a few weeks ago.

Just to clarify, these were for the fronts, they were not caliper pins, they were the stationary caliper mounting bolts, no moving parts... I wanted a fresh set because I suspected the originals might have been stripped a little. They had gone in kind of rough when I switched to Brembos... When I pulled them out to install the Baers, I learned that they were fine, just some excess dried Loctite in the caliper's threads I had missed.

To answer my OWN question for anyone who needs them, the pic below shows the part number. I got them from Hector at Team Ford here in Vegas...

Jer

post-12143-009529400 1291696154_thumb.jpg

What is the best/easiest method to remove the old loctite?

What is the best/easiest method to remove the old loctite?

I used a wire brush...

Jer

Archived