TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT/SC made it home today...finally!!!

springer

A couple weeks ago, I got the call from Phillip Brown at Shelby American advising me that my 2008 GT/SC was finished and the last few bugs had been worked out. It had been a year since my car was first delivered to SA in Las Vegas to be converted to the SC package.

Last week I flew out to Vegas and inspected the car. Everything seemed fine - finally- and the engine was operating properly. (Due to the installation of the Hot Rod 4.6L engine, the tune, among a few other things, never seemed to be correct.)

During this time period, several things were tried here in Dallas to get the engine operating properly. Among these were, a new PCM, which took six weeks to obtain from Ford. In the end, it only needed the handiwork of Gil, the magic man, to get my car where it needed to be. (The new FRPP racing tuner was subsequently removed by Gil and a Diablo Predator was installed in its place.)

For those that have not read, or missed, some of the SA news announcements, Gil was brought on board this year and can work magic tuning these cars. He is surely an asset to Shelby American.

During the past year, the car had a twin disc Ram clutch installed, and while at Shelby American last month, the Shelby/Revan heat exchanger was installed along with a Diablo Predator tuner. The car was returned to me here in Flower Mound today and it runs like a champ. The final dyno figure was 501 RWHP, which is pretty stout based on the elevation and temperature from when it was dynoed in Las Vegas.

I would like to again, thank all of those involved who worked on my car and put up with my frustrations this past year. One thing that I learned during my "ordeal" was that Shelby American stands behind their product and their reputation. I would like to thank Gil, Phil Brown, Roger Sorel and Gary Davis for taking care of the issues that I went through with the car and getting it where we all knew it should be. And, a special thanks to President John Luft; he is the right person at the right time to be president of Shelby American. Every one of them are fine gentlemen and a credit to Carroll Shelby and Shelby American.

post-26281-056863100 1287110159_thumb.jpg

post-26281-056863100 1287110159_thumb.jpg

A couple weeks ago, I got the call from Phillip Brown at Shelby American advising me that my 2008 GT/SC was finished and the last few bugs had been worked out. It had been a year since my car was first delivered to SA in Las Vegas to be converted to the SC package.

Last week I flew out to Vegas and inspected the car. Everything seemed fine - finally- and the engine was operating properly. (Due to the installation of the Hot Rod 4.6L engine, the tune, among a few other things, never seemed to be correct.)

During this time period, several things were tried, both here and in Dallas, to get the engine operating properly. Among these were, a new PCM, which took six weeks to obtain from Ford. In the end, it only needed the handiwork of Gil, the magic man, to get my car where it needed to be. (The new FRPP racing tuner was subsequently removed by Gil and a Diablo Predator was installed in its place.)

For those that have not read, or missed, some of the SA news announcements, Gil was brought on board this year and can work magic tuning these cars. He is surely an asset to Shelby American.

During the past year, the car had a twin disc Ram clutch installed, and while at Shelby American last month, the Shelby/Revan heat exchanger was installed along with a Diablo Predator tuner. The car was returned to me here in Flower Mound today and it runs like a champ. The final dyno figure was 501 RWHP, which is pretty stout based on the elevation and temperature from when it was dynoed in Las Vegas.

I would like to again, thank all of those involved who worked on my car and put up with my frustrations this past year. One thing that I learned during my "ordeal" was that Shelby American stands behind their product and their reputation. I would like to thank Gil, Phil Brown, Roger Sorel and Gary Davis for taking care of the issues that I went through with the car and getting it where we all knew it should be. And, a special thanks to President John Luft; he is the right person at the right time to be president of Shelby American. Everyone of them are fine gentlemen and a credit to Carroll Shelby and Shelby American.

Hi bud, glad to hear you got it worked out to your satisfaction. Know it has been a long process for you and frustrating at times, but really glad it all worked out for you....now to the serious part...no excuses in Tulsa 2011 when I blow your doors off :hysterical: Take care and go have some fun driving that beast! Craig

During this time period, several things were tried, both here and in Dallas, to get the engine operating properly. Among these were, a new PCM, which took six weeks to obtain from Ford. In the end, it only needed the handiwork of Gil, the magic man, to get my car where it needed to be. (The new FRPP racing tuner was subsequently removed by Gil and a Diablo Predator was installed in its place.)

I would like to again, thank all of those involved who worked on my car and put up with my frustrations this past year. One thing that I learned during my "ordeal" was that Shelby American stands behind their product and their reputation. I would like to thank Gil, Phil Brown, Roger Sorel and Gary Davis for taking care of the issues that I went through with the car and getting it where we all knew it should be. And, a special thanks to President John Luft; he is the right person at the right time to be president of Shelby American. Everyone of them are fine gentlemen and a credit to Carroll Shelby and Shelby American.

it took a year to find out it was the tune :headscratch:

Thats great news John. Congrats and you are one lucky guy in the end to have the one and only SA installed Hot Rod engine. In 40 years guys will be talking about your car being the one 08 Vista blue SGT/SC that got the Hot Rod.

As I posted earlier and in other threads in the past, there were other issues, not just the tune. It didn't take a year to "tune" it. There is not a "canned" tune for this engine/supercharger package, so a custom tune by FRPP was never quite right. ALthough it was rather frustrating at times, the car now runs smooth and is capable of what the badigng indicates is under the hood - a supercharger!

As I posted earlier and in other threads in the past, there were other issues, not just the tune. It didn't take a year to "tune" it. There is not a "canned" tune for this engine/supercharger package, so a custom tune by FRPP was never quite right. ALthough it was rather frustrating at times, the car now runs smooth and is capable of what the badigng indicates is under the hood - a supercharger!

can you explain what the FRPP Hot Rod 4.6L is?

I'm glad ya got it back Springer!!! For some reason I thought your engine was the one that got smoked on the dyno after the SC install. I guess I thought wrong, I know someone had one let go a little while ago...... oh well, as long as your baby is home!! Now enjoy it! :happy feet:

I'm glad ya got it back Springer!!! For some reason I thought your engine was the one that got smoked on the dyno after the SC install. I guess I thought wrong, I know someone had one let go a little while ago...... oh well, as long as your baby is home!! Now enjoy it! :happy feet:

I didn't hear about one being "smoked" on the dyno.

Great news John! Will we see you Sunday at the picnic?

Jason, we'll be there. Lori and I are looking forward to it.

Maybe we can get some of the other Team Shelby members 'fired up" to come by the picnic in Garland this Sunday (Oct. 17).

Here is a link to the SCAT calender. Click on Oct. 17 for more details.

http://scatracks.org/scat-calendar

CONGRATS SPRINGER ON GETTING YOUR CAR BACK AND RUNNING LIKE IT'S MEANT

TO. :happy feet: GIL SEEMS EXTREMELY KNOWLEDGIBLE AND DEFINATELY KNOWS HOW

TO TUNE A MOTOR. ENJOY !!!

SCOTTY :salute:

Thats great news John. Congrats and you are one lucky guy in the end to have the one and only SA installed Hot Rod engine. In 40 years guys will be talking about your car being the one 08 Vista blue SGT/SC that got the Hot Rod.

Thanks Scotty.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi bud, glad to hear you got it worked out to your satisfaction. Know it has been a long process for you and frustrating at times, but really glad it all worked out for you....now to the serious part...no excuses in Tulsa 2011 when I blow your doors off :hysterical: Take care and go have some fun driving that beast! Craig

Congrats on your new car.. If you are ever in the Miami area and want to thoroughly beaten down look me up...Lol

Again enjoy

Congrats on your new car.. If you are ever in the Miami area and want to thoroughly beaten down look me up...Lol

Again enjoy

I was there for 6 1/2 years and haven't been back. I don't plan on going back either! Sorry, maybe you can find some 5's to smoke. Last guy out of Miami, shut off the lights. :speedie: :dog:

• 1 month later...

I am based in Dallas, it is possible to see your mustang? I would like to heard the "Hot rod" camshaft in person before I decide to change my factory camshaft for the hot rod. Congratulations you have a cool shelby!!

Absolutely. I'm in Flower Mound. I'll send you a PM with some contact info, or send me a PM with your phone number.

John

Archived