TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need purchasing advise please. :)

flitchplate

Hello all,

I am being offered a 2010 GT500 Grabber with White Stripes and 12,000 clicks on the odometer for 41,000.

I saw the car after test driving a new 2011 GT/CS loaded for 36900. It also has 3.51 gears.

IMG00209-20101013-1550.jpgIMG00205-20101013-1548.jpg

I am curious what you guys and gals think about a Shelby with 12,000 miles. And also what you think about the new 2011 GT/CS.

This car will be a daily driver and I am not usually one to make modifications.

You said it will be your daily driver and that to me makes a big difference. Fuel and maintainance costs will be higher with the GT500 and you need to run a minimum of 91 octane in the GT500 . Plus the 2011 GT/CS could have more comfort items like heated seats and a power passenger side seat. I love my GT500 but I would probably pick a 5.0 for a daily driver over a GT500. Either way you can't go wrong.

Hello all,

I am being offered a 2010 GT500 Grabber with White Stripes and 12,000 clicks on the odometer for 41,000.

I saw the car after test driving a new 2011 GT/CS loaded for 36900. It also has 3.51 gears.

IMG00209-20101013-1550.jpgIMG00205-20101013-1548.jpg

I am curious what you guys and gals think about a Shelby with 12,000 miles. And also what you think about the new 2011 GT/CS.

This car will be a daily driver and I am not usually one to make modifications.

There are many great deals on GT500s out there, if you can afford one and that is what you want go for it.

GG

Thanks for the replys everyone. I thought i would get to test drive the GT500 but it is raining today so no dice. I thought the GT/CS had a lot of pull and it is loaded with navigation, sunroof, the comfort package......just loaded.

The GT500 has the navigation as well so that might have some bearing on the pricing offered.

It is interesting how this particular purchase is affecting me. :) I am the type of buyer who is super patient and I never fall in love with any one car. I like to shop and LOVE to deal and negotiate. As a rule I am finding the negotiating a LOT easier than in past years. After some coaxing I was able to get 5400 dollars off the sticker of the GT/CS. To me that is a good deal.

But for the first time my heart is getting in the way a bit....that GT500 is a dream come true type vehicle. Which is a problem because I NEVER buy used......

Here is the kicker. I am told...and I trust them...that this is a vehicle that was bought from them new by a guy in his 60's who buy a new Shelby each year and sells back the old one. The vehicle is very clean and the engine and compartment looks as good as new. It looks as if this is a gem of a car. There was a Silver GT500 outside that was "sold" but out for show.....maybe the car the guy is getting once the Grabber Blue sells.....?

In either event please keep the comments coming. I am going to buy SOMETHING on October 30th...the last day of the month.

There's no better feeling than buying a brand new car. The new 5.0's are sweet cars for sure. But...and thats a big but...you're talking about a Shelby.

Thats like comparing a new standard Vette to a year old Z06. For me, it's a no brainer. 20 years down the road when you tell people you once owned a

new Mustang, they'll say, "oh cool. that's really neat". When you say I once owned a Shelby GT500 Grabber blue with white stripes they'll say, "No SHIT!

you owned a Shelby? Why the hell did you get rid of it. Oh my God, that's my dream car! They are so much cooler than a regular Mustang". LOL Just

having some fun.

Seriously though, just going by the pics, I'd walk right by the Mustang and get the Shelby. 12,000 miles is not that many. Hell, it's barely broken in.

There is no Mustang like a Shelby GT500. Do NOT buy the other car. I would HIGHLY recommend that you go with the GT500. It looks WAY better...it has MORE POWER...it has MORE POTENTIAL...and you're right...it is a DREAM COME TRUE car. If you don't get it, you're DEFINITELY gonna regret it. There is only ONE Shelby GT500. It makes heads turn...the other car DOES NOT. Please get the GT500.

If it is a 60 year old man that buys from them every year and you trust them they should have no issue getting a hold of him and letting you speak to him about the car. If he is a car guy like it seems he will be more than happy to talk to the next potential owner.

That plus getting the price down to $38k might do it.

Do you prefer drag racing or a quicker car that handles better? If you do not mod the Shelby is not at its best stock. Either way the Shelby name seems like something you may want.

By the way personally if it were me I would wait to see what the Boss 302 goes for. Also check out leftover 2010 Roush's, they perform better than both of your choices and the deals are pretty good.

The Roush's perform better than '10 / '11 GT500's!!! I seriously hope you don't mean ALL categories? Which Roush model? Almost sounds like a challenge and the GT500 will choose the battle ground...

By the way personally if it were me I would wait to see what the Boss 302 goes for. Also check out leftover 2010 Roush's, they perform better than both of your choices and the deals are pretty good.

The Roush's perform better than '10 / '11 GT500's!!! I seriously hope you don't mean ALL categories? Which Roush model? Almost sounds like a challenge and the GT500 will choose the battle ground...

carnut12,

Yes, please explain...

Here is the kicker. I am told...and I trust them...that this is a vehicle that was bought from them new by a guy in his 60's who buy a new Shelby each year and sells back the old one. The vehicle is very clean and the engine and compartment looks as good as new. It looks as if this is a gem of a car. There was a Silver GT500 outside that was "sold" but out for show.....maybe the car the guy is getting once the Grabber Blue sells.....?

How funny, a local ford dealer here in Atlanta had the same story on a used 2009 Shelby they had on the lot last year. I would guess that is a standard car dealer ploy to entice you, much like the old "owned by a little old lady who only drove it to church".

IMOP, you could get the price down on tha Shelby by several thousand dollars if you check eback or autotrader to see what similar rides are selling for. The GT/CS is nice but if you are like me and you want to be seen and stick out in yrou car, you can't go wrong with a Shelby

I find even the new Roush's to be ugly, their body and inetrior mods look cheap to me.

I find even the new Roush's to be ugly, their body and inetrior mods look cheap to me.

Mike i was over at Sandy Springs D Ford 2 weesk ago and they 7 GT500s new---bob PS if your ever in my neighborhood,id only be too glad to let you drive mine

See my post here: http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/61731-gt500-vs-new-50/

And here: http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/61702-please-post-pics-of-a-black-gt500-with-grabber-blue-stripes/

For my opinions. I loved my GT500, but I never would have been comfortable using it as a daily driver. Ask yourself that first before you spring the coin on the Shelby.

Archived