DutchGT500

Shelby Run Europe 2012  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Driving event?

• weekend
    • long weekend, thursday-sunday
    • week
  2. 2. Trackday?

3. 3. How much are you willing to spent per car entry? Car and two persons.

• 0-500 Euro
    • 500-750 Euro
    • 750-1000 Euro
    • 1000-1500 Euro
    • above 1500 Euro
  4. 4. Time slot?

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can tell you from daily experience, that this many muscle cars might cause some accidents! When I drive around here daily people are always stopping, staring, and getting whiplash. I can't imagine what happens when you take this many cars, to include the 40th, and a variety of other models and put them in a long line of eye candy on the road!

As far as the decibels, the max allowable is 74db for Army in Europe vehicles. Their standards are based on the German requirements. But, having said that, I know a lot of motorcyclists and some cars that change their pipes and return them to factory for inspection every year. I can only imagine that some your cars exceed that! Mine is just a stock 2010 GT500 and it passed inspection.

Germans love muscle cars!

I can tell you from daily experience, that this many muscle cars might cause some accidents! When I drive around here daily people are always stopping, staring, and getting whiplash. I can't imagine what happens when you take this many cars, to include the 40th, and a variety of other models and put them in a long line of eye candy on the road!

As far as the decibels, the max allowable is 74db for Army in Europe vehicles. Their standards are based on the German requirements. But, having said that, I know a lot of motorcyclists and some cars that change their pipes and return them to factory for inspection every year. I can only imagine that some your cars exceed that! Mine is just a stock 2010 GT500 and it passed inspection.

Germans love muscle cars!

Hello RB,

I am a bit concerned the SS won't get passed customs because of the loud exhaust........Hopefully no problems with that.

Looking forward to meeting you in 3 weeks.

I like the way you think Tom................... :worship:

So, where are our cars located now?????

Not sure, when I did a search, it asked me for a login now... :shrug: ...I believe she'll dock in 5 days is my understanding

Hello RB,

I am a bit concerned the SS won't get passed customs because of the loud exhaust........Hopefully no problems with that.

Looking forward to meeting you in 3 weeks.

I can only speak from my experience in picking up my car from the port in Bremerhaven, and in the 80's picking up cars in Antwerpen, they didn't care at that point because I was going to register it and had to go through that process. You are able to bring your cars over and drive them based on a temporary arrangement for "show" cars, or some such I assume? I would think it wouldn't be so much an issue at port as it will be in a town. As long as you don't intentionally attempt to wake everyone!

Not sure how much any of this played into your planning, nor am I trying to jinx anyone, but there are multiple Ford Dealerships here in Stuttgatrt and one that is equipped and authorized to work on GT500s if you need warranty work (due to the fact there are at least 5 GT500s and a couple of older Cobras here). Was there any consideration to roadside assistance? I only ask as the German equivelant to AAA is outstanding. They went to Spain and picked up a coworker and his motorcycle and returned him to Germany. You get like 5 free tows from just about anywhere back to home. Very dependable.

I am sure your European counterparts have worked some of this, but I will mention it just in case. Octanes are different here, 98 in Europe is equivalent to 95 U.S. (typically what I am purchasing here from Esso). ARAL has Ultimate 102, which I would guess would be around 98-99 octane. Just watch out putting the 95 in as it will be about 91-92 and more importantly, watch out the ethanol fuels generally denoted as something like "95 E10", meaning 10% ethanol. Unless of course you don't have an issue putting them in your car.

I hope I can get your 98 THROUGHOUT the whole trip.....I am pretty sure we can based on what Patrick has told me.

I have a tune for your 95 (91-92to me) but would rather not have to switch tunes fill up to fill up.

And I have no cats.......so i am LOUD LOUD LOUD...........I will promise to keep her under 2000 rpms while in town.... :angel:

otherwise I can wake the dead with the right pedal! :devil:

I can only speak from my experience in picking up my car from the port in Bremerhaven, and in the 80's picking up cars in Antwerpen, they didn't care at that point because I was going to register it and had to go through that process. You are able to bring your cars over and drive them based on a temporary arrangement for "show" cars, or some such I assume? I would think it wouldn't be so much an issue at port as it will be in a town. As long as you don't intentionally attempt to wake everyone!

Thanks for the info RB.............. :rockon:

I hope I can get your 98 THROUGHOUT the whole trip.....I am pretty sure we can based on what Patrick has told me.

I have a tune for your 95 (91-92to me) but would rather not have to switch tunes fill up to fill up.

And I have no cats.......so i am LOUD LOUD LOUD...........I will promise to keep her under 2000 rpms while in town.... :angel:

otherwise I can wake the dead with the right pedal! :devil:

I plan on some WOT through the Monte Carlo tunnel................Gonna have Marji with a video camera at the exit to catch the sound. :yahoo:

I plan on some WOT through the Monte Carlo tunnel................Gonna have Marji with a video camera at the exit to catch the sound. :yahoo:

That would be me right behind you tryin to keep up...... :yahoo::shoppingcart_:

Not quite wide enough for 3 wide.... :shoppingcart_: those people walking are going to shart themselves when we roar thru there.... :hysterical3:

Monte_carlo_tunnel.jpg

Monte_carlo_tunnel.jpg

:happy feet: :rockon:

Thats it, i'm leaving NOW! ...... I wish... :drool:

Do you need me to go up and keep them company? I could sacrifice myself if you think they are lonely. They might have a few extra miles though...

Do you need me to go up and keep them company? I could sacrifice myself if you think they are lonely. They might have a few extra miles though...

Not a bad idea.................those Shelby's have not been out for run in 5 weeks. :shift:

When is this trip again? :runaway::confused:

I can not believe how busy I still am with this! Last of the goodie bag items done and shirts should be done next week. Spent over an hour on the phone with Patrick today nailing down lots of little details. Spent another hour or two on the phone with other participants and support people. So far today I have sent 27 separate emails about SRE.

But in 12 days I board a plane to Europe where I will spend 2 weeks with some of the greatest people I know! I can not wait! :shift::peelout::party: :beerchug:

When is this trip again? :runaway::confused:

I can not believe how busy I still am with this! Last of the goodie bag items done and shirts should be done next week. Spent over an hour on the phone with Patrick today nailing down lots of little details. Spent another hour or two on the phone with other participants and support people. So far today I have sent 27 separate emails about SRE.

But in 12 days I board a plane to Europe where I will spend 2 weeks with some of the greatest people I know! I can not wait! :shift::peelout::party: :beerchug:

amen brother.....:beerchug:

Archived