TEAM SHELBY FORUM

12 MY Order Bank Info

Grabber

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2012 order banks are open, but pricing and specs are not out yet.

If they are open, why is it not shown on the FMC dealer site? Iooked at it myself and saw it with my very own eyes.The 2012 GT500 isn't on there. Unless you saw it somewhere else.

Trust me, my dad works for a Ford dealer and I saw that It was not on the site. I saw it with my own eyes.

If it was up, my dad would have told me about it already becaus I ask him if it's up. It only seems that the 2012 Focus is only there.

I bet its just 550 which is a big disappointment and no fix for the traction problem. I think SVT's attitude is either like it or leave it we do not care, thats why they force those stupid red stripes on us with the PP pack instead of letting us choice the stripe. How long have we been asking for bigger tires and an auto. SVT is goanna give the top pony car trophy to Chevy in 2012 when the Z28 is released soon. Count on playing second fiddle to the Z28 because Chevy will at least put some rubber on the Z28 and an Auto too. I just wish SVT would fix the traction issue and add an auto for us lazy guys. I guess if you want a 500 + hp performance car with an auto Ford will not be a choice.

580 HP

I guess what popular mechanics said was wrong.

I bet its just 550 which is a big disappointment and no fix for the traction problem. I think SVT's attitude is either like it or leave it we do not care, thats why they force those stupid red stripes on us with the PP pack instead of letting us choice the stripe. How long have we been asking for bigger tires and an auto. SVT is goanna give the top pony car trophy to Chevy in 2012 when the Z28 is released soon. Count on playing second fiddle to the Z28 because Chevy will at least put some rubber on the Z28 and an Auto too. I just wish SVT would fix the traction issue and add an auto for us lazy guys. I guess if you want a 500 + hp performance car with an auto Ford will not be a choice.

Probably like someone said in another thread; to stop the gas guzzler tax. If that's am issue, Mercedes Benz just released a couple of days ago about how the new cls AMG gets 33MPG with 500hp and other technology. Why not have Ford ask mercedes for copyright or something and us that on the GT500. That will solve the fuel economy and they could play around with as much power as they want. They could have 580HP and 26MPG.

Or the alternative is either a supercharged or twin turbo 5.0 V8. I mean I have seen videos of aftermarket tuning comapnies take the 2011 Mustang GT and give it a set of twin turbos. There may be enough room under the hood for them if we can find it. and get better and wider tires for the GT500. I bet you we all wouldn't care if we had to start at $51-52K for a base GT500 with improved stuff on it. It would be worth the money. I don't want Ford to give up the pony car trophy to Chevy again. We just got here and there's no turning back. This might be crazy talk, but it's true.

I agree that we should also have more stuff offered for the GT500 like more stripe options and such along with a comfort package and power passanger seat. No doubt, the 2011-2012 GT500 is an amazing car, but it just needs a few more tweaks to it that's all. After all, the Mustang is designed to be redesigned by the people.

Automatic transmission......... uh I'm staying out of that portion of the topic. After all, I do support the automotive enthusiasts' save the manuals campaign. :hysterical:

http://www.mustangheaven.com/2010/2012-shelby-gt500-order-guide-and-prices-released/

Not much difference for the 2012's. Universal garage door opener and Recaro's seem to be the hilights.

Quoted from article for reference with credits to the author:

In the price department the MSRP for the coupe will be $49,495 with the convertible MSRP being $54,495, both include destination and delivery.

A list of options and their prices for the 2012 Shelby GT500 are below:

* $1,595 - Recaro Leather Sport Seats

* $1,995 - Glass Roof

* $2,340 - Electronics Package (Navigation and Dual Zone Climate Control)

* $3,995 - SVT Performance Package

* $375 - Full Vehicle Cover

* $1,295 - Shaker 1000 w/ In-Dash CD, MP3, 10 Speakers

http://www.mustangheaven.com/2010/2012-shelby-gt500-order-guide-and-prices-released/

Not much difference for the 2012's. Universal garage door opener and Recaro's seem to be the hilights.

Quoted from article for reference with credits to the author:

In the price department the MSRP for the coupe will be $49,495 with the convertible MSRP being $54,495, both include destination and delivery.

A list of options and their prices for the 2012 Shelby GT500 are below:

* $1,595 - Recaro Leather Sport Seats

* $1,995 - Glass Roof

* $2,340 - Electronics Package (Navigation and Dual Zone Climate Control)

* $3,995 - SVT Performance Package

* $375 - Full Vehicle Cover

* $1,295 - Shaker 1000 w/ In-Dash CD, MP3, 10 Speakers

doesn't the 2011 GT500s already have the universal garage door opener?

I can see that this pic of the 2011 interior already has it, and it's a photo from months ago when they 2011 GT500 came out.

2011_ford_mustang_shelby_gt500_18_cd_gallery.jpg

My 2011 GT500 SVTPP does not have a homelink visor. I'll definitely install it if the 2012 visor works as an add-on. I'm also hoping there aren't any complications putting in the 2012 Recaro seats into a 2011. That's #1 on the list once the parts are available.

Do you know anything about a catalog order on the seats, Grabber? Thanks.

Other than the seats and the homelink (etc...) couldn't you just wait for the MY 2012's to hit the showrooms and then make an offer on the (now marked down) MY2011 that's sitting next to it unsold?

I mean, other than the few items (seats, homelink) - which might be able to be added to a MY2011 anyhow - what's the difference, other than the 2011 being reduced so it'll sell faster.. but aren't they basically the same car?

-Pockdog

I heard from a decent source (a shop that works closely with a guy in the Ford Engine program) that a small bump in displacement was coming and the TVS would be standard. The small displacement bump would come from the cylinder lining technology being so thin.

I guess we shall see when the auto show announcements start.

The homelink is available from Ford on the dealer-purchased day/night mirror. Had one installed in my 2008.

So it it a visor or mirror for the 2012 GT500? I'm a little confused. If it's a mirror, then it would work perfectly with the 2011-12 mirrors because Ford moved the mircrophone from inside the mirror, to the headliner. Well at least on the 2011 Edge and Explorer they did.

I heard from a decent source (a shop that works closely with a guy in the Ford Engine program) that a small bump in displacement was coming and the TVS would be standard. The small displacement bump would come from the cylinder lining technology being so thin.

I guess we shall see when the auto show announcements start.

We shall wait and see. I still don't know what the powertrain is going to be even though the order guide said it is still the same engine and power as the 2011. It can still be preliminary stuff like it says in the order guide you know.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes indeed there will be a 2012 GT500.

.....and the aluminum 5.4L 4V Supercharged V8 carries on for the 2012 model year.

12 MY Order Bank Open Date: 11/8/10

12 MY Scheduling Begins: 12/2/10

12 MY Job #1 Date: 1/18/11

(11 MY Job Last Date: 1/14/11)

Stage 2 of the 2012 GT500 complete. only two more to go! :happy feet:

Stage 2 of the 2012 GT500 complete. only two more to go! :happy feet:

Hi there i ordered a 12 GT500 Vert with Elec and SVTPP and got a Priority 1 on my DORA.?

Does that mean it will be produced in the first production run??

thanks

Charlie

Hi there i ordered a 12 GT500 Vert with Elec and SVTPP and got a Priority 1 on my DORA.?

Does that mean it will be produced in the first production run??

thanks

Charlie

Did they give you any date for delivery? Just curious.. I'm coming out of a lease that ends 5/2/2011.. just wondering if I could work in an order to be delivered on/before that date.

I know it sounds lame.. but I'm actually really happy they added the illuminated vanity mirrors LOL.. that really seemed such a standard item in cars nowadays for them to have not put in... And RECARO!

Thanks!

Did they give you any date for delivery? Just curious.. I'm coming out of a lease that ends 5/2/2011.. just wondering if I could work in an order to be delivered on/before that date.

I know it sounds lame.. but I'm actually really happy they added the illuminated vanity mirrors LOL.. that really seemed such a standard item in cars nowadays for them to have not put in... And RECARO!

Thanks!

Yes, If you ordered a GT500 from a dealer with allocation you could get it by the time the Lease ends. I have a Black SVT with Recaros that should be here first of Feb. Shows end of Jan., but I know how they like to hold the first cars built

MM

Yes, If you ordered a GT500 from a dealer with allocation you could get it by the time the Lease ends. I have a Black SVT with Recaros that should be here first of Feb. Shows end of Jan., but I know how they like to hold the first cars built

MM

Michael do you have any idea what Recaro seats look like? I am thinking of placing an order soon.. but I hate to guess on the color of the "accent stripes" without seeing them first.. I don't believe there are any images out yet, but I thought just maybe you saw something at the dealership.

There are pictures of Recaros in the Boss 2012, but those don't seem to be leather, and I'm guessing they are different.

I'm thinking to do Red w/White stripes on the car.. not sure if white/red/black would be best!!

Also, the 2012 order guides for the GT/BOSS specify that the EPAS now has 3 settings: Comfort, Normal & Sport. I haven't seen that mentioned for the gt500 yet, but that would be sweet.. as the 2011 I drove seemed a bit light in the steering... a "Sport" mode would be perfect I imagine.. here's the info on that: http://media.ford.com/images/10031/2012_Mustang_Boss_302.pdf

Thanks

QXCharcoal Black & Black ACCENTS, Leather Recaro Seat Trim

Q2Charcoal Black & White ACCENTS, Leather Recaro Seat Trim

Q7Charcoal Black & Silver ACCENTS, Leather Recaro Seat Trim

QBCharcoal Black & Grabber Blue ACCENTS, Leather Recaro Seat Trim

QDCharcoal Black & Red ACCENTS, Leather Recaro Seat Trim

ford_mustang_boss_302_laguna_seca_one_off_02.jpg

Yes indeed there will be a 2012 GT500.

.....and the aluminum 5.4L 4V Supercharged V8 carries on for the 2012 model year.

12 MY Order Bank Open Date: 11/8/10

12 MY Scheduling Begins: 12/2/10

12 MY Job #1 Date: 1/18/11

(11 MY Job Last Date: 1/14/11)

Well, I guess it's officially safe to say that stage 3 has been completed and stage 4 will also be ready to go by tomorrow (I'm crossing it off early, but stage 4 is coming tomorrow anyways.).

I guess it's time to get to get those checkbooks out right now and be ready to order a 2012 MY GT500. Let's get cookin'! :happy feet:

Does anyone know where I could find out how many 2011's were built. A thread on modded mustangs said they planned on 3,215 being built but that was posted back in August. I'm aware of Burningbluestars thread that he wanted closed because Ford got mad at him but now that production has ended i'd like to know how many were built because Burningbluestar sent me my Vin info before Ford got upset and I know mine was the 376/xxxx built and i'd like to put it on my airbag cover.

Thanks

You can PM me if you're afraid that Ford is gonna come knocking on your front door after you post this info.

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/modular-mustangs/177901-production-numbers-mustangs.html

• 3 weeks later...

Archived