TEAM SHELBY FORUM

12 MY Order Bank Info

Grabber

Yes indeed there will be a 2012 GT500.

.....and the aluminum 5.4L 4V Supercharged V8 carries on for the 2012 model year.

12 MY Order Bank Open Date: 11/8/10

12 MY Scheduling Begins: 12/2/10

12 MY Job #1 Date: 1/18/11

(11 MY Job Last Date: 1/14/11)

2012 GT500 Order Guide.pdf

2012 GT500 Order Guide.pdf

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes indeed there will be a 2012 GT500.

.....and the aluminum 5.4L 4V Supercharged V8 carries on for the 2012 model year.

12 MY Order Bank Open Date: 11/8/10

12 MY Scheduling Begins: 12/2/10

12 MY Job #1 Date: 1/18/11

(11 MY Job Last Date: 1/14/11)

.....wonder if the engine will be upgraded to ~ 600 HP?

I posted this in a different thread the other day, but this thread looks to be the more appropriate place for it....

The 2012 Order Banks are now visible to us dealers and the GT500 is there - coupe and convertible - and still with the same code (99S) aluminum 5.4L SuperCharged 4V V8 from the 2011 model (so it's safe to assume no changes in output). SVT Perf Pkg is still showing as an option, as are the other options from 2011 (electronics pkg, shaker 1000, glass roof, shelby car cover) and no new colors as far as I can tell (but we lose Sterling Gray). The only obvious addition is the Recaro seat option (QD = Black with Red Stripes, Q2 = Black with White Stripes, or QX = Black with Black Stripes).

Too early to place orders, and no pricing is visible yet, but it's clear that the GT500 lives on for 2012 and production will continue at Flat Rock.

I posted this in a different thread the other day, but this thread looks to be the more appropriate place for it....

The 2012 Order Banks are now visible to us dealers and the GT500 is there - coupe and convertible - and still with the same code (99S) aluminum 5.4L SuperCharged 4V V8 from the 2011 model (so it's safe to assume no changes in output). SVT Perf Pkg is still showing as an option, as are the other options from 2011 (electronics pkg, shaker 1000, glass roof, shelby car cover) and no new colors as far as I can tell (but we lose Sterling Gray). The only obvious addition is the Recaro seat option (QD = Black with Red Stripes, Q2 = Black with White Stripes, or QX = Black with Black Stripes).

Too early to place orders, and no pricing is visible yet, but it's clear that the GT500 lives on for 2012 and production will continue at Flat Rock.

I'm disappointed that, so far, it looks like Ford is doing nothing to address the Camaro Z28. Is it possible that there could be a mid model year upgrade?

Is Ford feeling that the Boss 302 is enough of a track winner that it doesn't have to do anything to the GT500?

I'm disappointed that, so far, it looks like Ford is doing nothing to address the Camaro Z28. Is it possible that there could be a mid model year upgrade?

Is Ford feeling that the Boss 302 is enough of a track winner that it doesn't have to do anything to the GT500?

Since the engine is listed as a 5.4L it could still have the TVS blower on it. However, the biggest issue for the GT500 isn't power but traction. I was hoping they'd add some kind of launch control feature and wider rear wheels/ tires.

Does the crystal ball show an automatic option for us babyboomers? :hysterical:

GG

Those Recaros are the most enticing reason for me to trade up. The currently unanswerable question would be : how much is the Recaro option? Could a fully loaded GT500 coupe eclipse 60K? Also, I'm presuming the Recaros would be leather, although I personally would prefer cloth.

Another thought:the Recaro stripe choice of red, white, or black makes me wonder if there will only be black, red, or white exterior stripes for 2012 OR if any stripes that are not red or white will all get black seat stripes OR if Recaros will only be available with the SVTP package which already only uses red, white, or black stripes (I think)..

Hey who's to say they won't upgrade the blower to say a Whipple, or a Kenny Bell boosting the engine output to over 600 HP?

Jay Mays has said they know they need to hit a huge home run for the coming models especially 2013 marking SVT's 20th Anniversary.

Hey who's to say they won't upgrade the blower to say a Whipple, or a Kenny Bell boosting the engine output to over 600 HP?

Jay Mays has said they know they need to hit a huge home run for the coming models especially 2013 marking SVT's 20th Anniversary.

Just use the TVS. KB from Ford :hysterical:

So far the only clear change/upgrade appears to be the recaro seat option. Disappointed in the loss of sterling gray. That was the color I was seriously looking to get into. Is it me or does it seem like we could use some new color/stripe options? The red stripes with the SVT package just don't do it for me and I'd like to see a greater range of options.

I assume there will be an announcement of what the 2012 will include around the time the order banks officially open up in a few weeks....

Those Recaros are the most enticing reason for me to trade up. The currently unanswerable question would be : how much is the Recaro option? Could a fully loaded GT500 coupe eclipse 60K? Also, I'm presuming the Recaros would be leather, although I personally would prefer cloth.

Why not just buy them for your 2010 when they become available on the parts channels? It's got to be cheaper then taking a hit selling your car and then buying a 2012.

So far the only clear change/upgrade appears to be the recaro seat option. Disappointed in the loss of sterling gray. That was the color I was seriously looking to get into. Is it me or does it seem like we could use some new color/stripe options? The red stripes with the SVT package just don't do it for me and I'd like to see a greater range of options.

I assume there will be an announcement of what the 2012 will include around the time the order banks officially open up in a few weeks....

I agree with additional stripe options. For instance Kona Blue only has red in the SVT PP. Not everyone wants Superman color combos so some white and silver stripe options would be welcomed. As well as having the option for the standard wide stripes as I personally think they look better on the car.

Maybe their can be an option to have either fat or skinny stripes for the SVTPP cars (because a lot of 2011 GT500 owners have it with the skinny stripes).

An R model? Thinking about going back to the 2000 SVT Cobra R. That was a cool Mustang.

As of for power, no TVS for the aluminum block GT500 because of calibration issues. The 2011 Super Snake now can only have the Whipple or the KB 3.6LC

Here's what I want to see or what some of the other TS members want to see on the car: heated seats (I know a lot of us TS members want that in our cars), Power front passanger seat? (weight may be a factor so I'm not really sure myself), 2012 Boss Mustang Recaro seats, Quad exhaust like the 2012 Boss (I might be the only one to favor about it, but it would make the GT500 sound more intimidating. No offence, but I also like the new 2011 GT500 exhaust setup too).

and it may be standard on most Fords in the future, but I sort of like the new rear view mirror that's on the 2011 Edge and MKX. The microphone is located near the visor instead of in the mirror.

2011-ford-edge-interior-large.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I have grown to like the new skinny stripes, but not the colors.

They NEED to get WHITE skinny stripes w/SILVER Accents. This would look good on virtually all color combos! ..and I believe it would fill the missing stripe color gap.

This would definitely look good on Kona, Black and Gray for those who don't want Red stripes!

I have grown to like the new skinny stripes, but not the colors.

They NEED to get WHITE skinny stripes w/SILVER Accents. This would look good on virtually all color combos! ..and I believe it would fill the missing stripe color gap.

This would definitely look good on Kona, Black and Gray for those who don't want Red stripes!

Oh Yeah, and also, why don't they make the Candy Red color available on the Shelby?

...and I even like the 'sunset gold' and Grabber Orange.

All of these colors would look awesome with white/silver stripes!

So I guess stage one of the 2012 GT500 Process has officially begun. Like Grabber said, the '12 MY order banks opened yesterday 11/8/10.

:D

Damn!! This makes me feel like my 2010 GT500 is a fossil and it's still 2010. LOL

Archived