TEAM SHELBY FORUM

AutoArt "2007" SGT-C

Bushmaster

Just got this delivered today. I'm a model builder and not really a diecast guy, but it looks pretty decent to me. The wheels and grille don't match mine but that's OK - it'll still look neat sitting on the strut brace when I show the car.

Can't really figure out how they screwed up and called it a 2007, though, and the card that came with it doesn't even mention Shelby - licensing issues, I suppose. Instead it calls it a "2007 Ford Mustang GT Coupe (Appearance Package Option) in Grabber Orange".

2362.jpg

2367.jpg

Gotta have one, can you advise???

I got it from Diecast Mustangs - http://www.diecastmustangs.com/ - but for some reason they aren't listing it now. They've got a less expensive version for around $40. The card I got with mine says they're only making 3000 of them, but mine's only numbered 379. Maybe a Google search would turn one up.

Ah, here it is - just didn't look hard enough. http://www.diecastmustangs.com/AutoArt-1-18-scale-diecast-2007-Ford-Mustang-GT-Co-p/aa73117.htm

Edited by Bushmaster

I wish they would do one in a fast color, Vista Blue. :jackinbox:

Looks awesome!

AutoArt also has the Black SGT. I sent them an email about a year ago aking if they were going to make the other SGT colors.

i.e. Vista Blue :D

Thier reply was that they were considering it. Next time I make it to Hong Kong, I'll visit thier showroom and hopefully buy one there.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the info on the Shelby GT Grabber Orange Diecast. I ordered one this evening. The quality looks outstanding, The wheels that are on my 08 #25 are the same as on the diecast. Dan in San Diego, Ca.

I was lucky enough to get one as a gift last year for Christmas. I have to say as a former diecast product manager this is a very, very, well made car. AutoArt has always impressed me with their accuracy and detail. I wish I had more of them.

A VISTA BLUE coupe or convertible would be awesome!

I was lucky enough to get one as a gift last year for Christmas. I have to say as a former diecast product manager this is a very, very, well made car. AutoArt has always impressed me with their accuracy and detail. I wish I had more of them.

A VISTA BLUE coupe or convertible would be awesome!

i bet you some very nice pieces in your collection then. autoart very nice have 2 mach 1's just amazing deatial.

i bet you some very nice pieces in your collection then. autoart very nice have 2 mach 1's just amazing deatial.

Yes, I've got a few too many. I am trying to stick with just 64th scale to keep them undercontrol more but, when you see some of these amazing 18th from AutoArt you can't resist. I'm up to about 40 of these 18ths. Most of them are from Ertl about 5-10 years back.

Yes, I've got a few too many. I am trying to stick with just 64th scale to keep them undercontrol more but, when you see some of these amazing 18th from AutoArt you can't resist. I'm up to about 40 of these 18ths. Most of them are from Ertl about 5-10 years back.

You don't collect NASCAR diecasts, do you? I've got a ton of them, mostly 64th scale and all from the '90s. I'd sure love to get them out of my attic and they'd go cheap.

You don't collect NASCAR diecasts, do you? I've got a ton of them, mostly 64th scale and all from the '90s. I'd sure love to get them out of my attic and they'd go cheap.

Nascar...Yikes...I run for the hills when I see NASCAR diecast... I have White Rose NAscar transporters, haulers, and cars from their first few years 89-92. I got rid of almost everything else after that about 5 years ago. Now I just about hate that stuff, even though I still follow the races. Thanks anyway

Nascar...Yikes...I run for the hills when I see NASCAR diecast... I have White Rose NAscar transporters, haulers, and cars from their first few years 89-92. I got rid of almost everything else after that about 5 years ago. Now I just about hate that stuff, even though I still follow the races. Thanks anyway

Sounds like me - I went from being totally eaten up with collecting the damn things to having zero interest in them at all. In fact, I've just about lost all interest in the "Jimmy Johnson Benefit Series" altogether. So about ten years ago I boxed up about 300 1:64 and probably 50 1:25 NASCAR diecasts and stashed them in the attic, and there they remain. A lot of them are probably somewhat valuable, at least by NASCAR diecast standards, but it just isn't worth the hassle to eBay them.

• 2 weeks later...