TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Guy

spacecoastshelby

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I just purchased my first Shelby last week, and am enjoying all of the information in the forums. Having owned two Mustangs before that were designed for straight line speed, I cant believe how much I was missing out on with the incredible suspension these have...LOTS more fun, or I am just getting old!

From what I can tell, whoever owned my Shelby prior to me, put on an aftermarket hood, blackout rear deck, quarter window louver inserts (from silverhourse maybe??), added a BBK twin 62mm throttle body, Pioneer navigation/DVD/Radio system, added cobra badges to the side (removed after day1), added a cheesy cobalt guage pod on the dash (which can hopefully be easily removed or replaced with a Shelby pod). Thats all I can tell as of now, I will try to get more pictures posted to get more input on what has happend to this Shelby prior to getting an owner who cares :happy feet:

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I just purchased my first Shelby last week, and am enjoying all of the information in the forums. Having owned two Mustangs before that were designed for straight line speed, I cant believe how much I was missing out on with the incredible suspension these have...LOTS more fun, or I am just getting old!

From what I can tell, whoever owned my Shelby prior to me, put on an aftermarket hood, blackout rear deck, quarter window louver inserts (from silverhourse maybe??), added a BBK twin 62mm throttle body, Pioneer navigation/DVD/Radio system, added cobra badges to the side (removed after day1), added a cheesy cobalt guage pod on the dash (which can hopefully be easily removed or replaced with a Shelby pod). Thats all I can tell as of now, I will try to get more pictures posted to get more input on what has happend to this Shelby prior to getting an owner who cares :happy feet:

Get me your CSM# and I'll see what we can find in the Registry (if it was entered by the previous/original owner)...

Also, please take the time to enter your info into the Registry so that SA has your current information on file...

Nice ride! And remember, most of what the previous owner has done to your SGT can be re-done... spend.gif

For example, you can easily find any 05-09 White Mustang hood and purchase the "Chip Beck" SGT hood scoop to replace what it on there now (if you don't like it)...

Stripes are easily reproduced my any reputable body shop or can be painted from bumper to bumper...

Enjoy!

Gregg

07SGT0547

Get me your CSM# and I'll see what we can find in the Registry (if it was entered by the previous/original owner)...

Also, please take the time to enter your info into the Registry so that SA has your current information on file...

Nice ride! And remember, most of what the previous owner has done to your SGT can be re-done... spend.gif

For example, you can easily find any 05-09 White Mustang hood and purchase the "Chip Beck" SGT hood scoop to replace what it on there now (if you don't like it)...

Stripes are easily reproduced my any reputable body shop or can be painted from bumper to bumper...

Enjoy!

Gregg

07SGT0547

I am almost certain the CSM number is 07SGT0822...I know I should have that memorized by now! :banghead:

If you are still looking for an OEM hood w/scoop:

2007 SGT Hood

Might just be what you are looking for,,,

Gregg

07SGT0547

Thanks Gregg, the hood I have is starting to grow on me now...plus as I have read more through the forum, it sounds like not having the stripes might be a blessing in disquise as far as headache goes. A week and a half and the only mods I have done are removing a couple things I did not prefer that were on the car, now it is time to start adding things I like :happy feet:

Kyle

Thanks Gregg, the hood I have is starting to grow on me now...plus as I have read more through the forum, it sounds like not having the stripes might be a blessing in disquise as far as headache goes. A week and a half and the only mods I have done are removing a couple things I did not prefer that were on the car, now it is time to start adding things I like :happy feet:

Kyle

No worries... I am (with the help of a "local" TS Member in the DFW Area) looking to buy this hood for myself... For a few reasons:

1. It never hurts to have the hard-to-find replacement parts, just in case.

2. I still want to make a "functional" version of the OEM hood scoop.

3. I want to keep this SGT-specific hood in the Shelby Family.

4. And maybe some day, someone like you will want to change their after-market hood back to OEM.

Enjoy your ride!

Gregg

07SGT0547

Welcome to Team Shelby, looks like a very nice ride. BTW, I really like your picture with the Red, White and Blue Shelby GT.

Thanks, that was just something I threw together real quick in photoshop...if you would like something like that just send me over a pic you want to use, and I can do it in my spare time :ninja:

Archived