TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Short Shifters

shelbypowered

MGW just came out with their gt 500 shifter and everyone thinks its great- but really how great- most all the short shifters on the market are better than stock so the real test would be someone who has used a couple of shifters besides the MGW. Had one in my 03 cobra but like I said it was a big improvement over stock so I thought it was great- who has the best short throw shifter on the market- short pulls- ease of operation- and proven history- I have a steeda shifter and although I have heard a lot of negative posts about steeda shifters mine seems to be fine compared to stock- who knows for sure which is the best for all around use without bringing up that depends- How short of throw can you really have? Can the throw be measured from gear to gear to see which company has the shortest throw? Does the shift throw have any bearing on the tranny? I would like to have the shortest throw available with a proven history.

I could not find anything for the 2010 GT500 and MGW has the only one I see worth a crap. It's adjustable and works well. I think the design makes maintenance, adjustment etc easy and more options than my Hurst in my other car. If your car is older than a 2010 maybe there are more options out there for a shifter.

I could not find anything for the 2010 GT500 and MGW has the only one I see worth a crap. It's adjustable and works well. I think the design makes maintenance, adjustment etc easy and more options than my Hurst in my other car. If your car is older than a 2010 maybe there are more options out there for a shifter.

I have an 07 gt 500 very early run- looking for someone who has tried a number besides one aftermarker shifter because anything is an improvement over stock. Want an I have a ------- because.Who makes the best performing aftermarket shifter for a gt 500 . Short means to me the distance in the throw-

I have an 07 gt 500 very early run- looking for someone who has tried a number besides one aftermarker shifter because anything is an improvement over stock. Want an I have a ------- because.Who makes the best performing aftermarket shifter for a gt 500 . Short means to me the distance in the throw-

As stated before you can adjust the MGW to short as you want to the point you can't even shift I suppose. Call MGW and talk with George.

As stated before you can adjust the MGW to short as you want to the point you can't even shift I suppose. Call MGW and talk with George.

Not enough opinion to change from my steeda so I think I will save the 350.00 plus and stay put- thanks for the help- had the MGW in my 03 Cobra and was not that impressed.

t

I don't know what year your cars are but on the 2010 GT500 that factory shifter is junk. I went with MGW because at the time they were the ones out with the shifter and nothing but good reviews. I'm sure Steeda, Hurst etc when they have the shifter available are equally ok and no matter what the brand it will be better than what was installed in the 2010 GT500. My 2008 Shelby has a Hurst and between the Hurst and the WGW they have the same clean crisp feel. Hurst did not have one out at the time and the MGW is very easy to adjust. I'm not a spokesman for MGW just telling of my experience with it and the first one I ever owned. Who has the best? That is an opinion, and so far I'm at a toss up between Hurst and MGW. Never used a Steeda so can't comment there.

Archived