TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bought me a 2011 Taurus SHO Twin Turbo

ItalianStallion

Well we finally broke down and unloaded the 02 BMW 745Li and picked up a brand new 2011 Taurus SHO. Tuxedo Black with Rapid Spec 402A. 402 A is the full tilt, loaded up version. With the Shelby purchase in 07 and an 08 Ed Bauer Expedition in the past, Ford gave us a nice chunk of owner loyalty cash as well as a great price for the 7 series. That 7 was a pain in the *** car. Glad its gone.

Man, this Tuxedo Black Metallic paint is awesome ! This SHO is a pocket rocket

This is a really great ride, 375Hp 3.5L V6 twin turbo. Been getting 23mpg and have all sorts of power. 6 spd auto, 3.16 rear gear, SHO perf package,

tuned suspension, My key technology, sync, nav, backup cameras, rear privacy screens, interior carbon fiber accents, 12 sp Sony Stereo.

20in rims, goodyear F1 245/45/20 all around, AWD..should be good in the snow. Heated and cooled front and rear seats, ambient lighting.

Needs a cold air and some Corsas. Should be able to reach 400Hp. We're really enjoying it.

th_2011TaurusSHO003.jpg

th_2011TaurusSHO005.jpg

th_2011TaurusSHO006.jpg

th_2011TaurusSHO008.jpg

th_2011TaurusSHO010.jpg

th_2011TaurusSHO011.jpg

th_2011TaurusSHO014.jpg

th_2011TaurusSHO016.jpg

Well we finally broke down and unloaded the 02 BMW 745Li and picked up a brand new 2011 Taurus SHO. Tuxedo Black with Rapid Spec 402A. 402 A is the full tilt, loaded up version. With the Shelby purchase in 07 and an 08 Ed Bauer Expedition in the past, Ford gave us a nice chunk of owner loyalty cash as well as a great price for the 7 series. That 7 was a pain in the *** car. Glad its gone.

Man, this Tuxedo Black Metallic paint is awesome ! This SHO is a pocket rocket

This is a really great ride, 375Hp 3.5L V6 twin turbo. Been getting 23mpg and have all sorts of power. 6 spd auto, 3.16 rear gear, SHO perf package,

tuned suspension, My key technology, sync, nav, backup cameras, rear privacy screens, interior carbon fiber accents, 12 sp Sony Stereo.

20in rims, goodyear F1 245/45/20 all around, AWD..should be good in the snow. Heated and cooled front and rear seats, ambient lighting.

Needs a cold air and some Corsas. Should be able to reach 400Hp. We're really enjoying it.

th_2011TaurusSHO003.jpg

th_2011TaurusSHO005.jpg

th_2011TaurusSHO006.jpg

th_2011TaurusSHO008.jpg

th_2011TaurusSHO010.jpg

th_2011TaurusSHO011.jpg

th_2011TaurusSHO014.jpg

th_2011TaurusSHO016.jpg

Enjoy the car!

This SHO is a pocket rocket

You must have one big pocket! When I looked at the car, I was surprised how big it was. All kidding aside, it is a technological marvel and the shape of things to come in the performance market. The observations about the car, by someone with your experience with fast cars, are more meaningful than most. I will be interested in your sense of the car as you live with it in the days to come. It is beautiful but I could never own a car that color as I have no man servant to keep it clean for me.

Jim

You must have one big pocket! When I looked at the car, I was surprised how big it was. All kidding aside, it is a technological marvel and the shape of things to come in the performance market. The observations about the car, by someone with your experience with fast cars, are more meaningful than most. I will be interested in your sense of the car as you live with it in the days to come. It is beautiful but I could never own a car that color as I have no man servant to keep it clean for me.

Jim

Yea, Black can be a PIA, but owing my black 07GT500 has given me better insight as to how to care for...although it does show alot of dirt.

After getting funds from the BMW 745Li, the offset made it posssible to get the SHO. Ford gave me a bit of cash as well.

Yea, over time we'll see how the car manages.

Thanks to all for the compliments

Congratulations!

Taurus SHO is an absolute pisser to drive. EcoBoost is an absolute monster - its torque curve pegged to the ceiling from 1,500 RPM on up pretty-much means instant turbo boost at almost any rev level. It's one of the best kept secrets anywhere - and a bargain for the price.

I've been thinking about a SHO to replace my 2009 Flex Limited AWD.

I LOVE the Flex. It's the best car I've owned by a WIDE margin, but the fact of the matter is that it USED to be Ford's vanguard vehicle, but they've not put a nickel into it (beyond EcoBoost, telescopic steering wheel and power 3rd row flip fold seats) since. That means, Edge, 2011 Explorer, Focus, and even Fiesta have features unavailable in Flex at ANY price - like keyless operation, adaptive cruise (the one reason why I wouldn't get the SHO performance package), BLIS, and so forth - despite all of those things being part of the MKT that rolls off of the same production line. Even the MKS (I own a 2009), as nice as it is, lacks BLIS. And hey, Ford - you've given Escape Active Park Assist to go with its EPAS unit - how about doing the same thing to Taurus and Mustang?

Anyway, I've got a TERRIFIC trade offer on my Flex which will make it the cheapest car I've ever owned too. I'm betting on 2011 Explorer (I'd buy another Flex in a heartbeat if I knew the 2012 would have everything it should), but if Explorer is too firm a ride and not as comfortable as Flex, I may punt altogether on SUV/CUV and go straight to either Taurus SHO or MKS EcoBoost. (MKS does have terrific NVH properties compared to Taurus). It just pisses me off that I'm chomping at the bit to give Ford my money - but they keep forcing me into needless compromises like an under-featured Flex (the car I REALLY want), a Taurus SHO without adaptive cruise just to get the 3.31 drive ratio, or spend $7K more for MKS - only to have it lack any high-performance axle option and no BLIS.

I know a lot of this is the result of Ford having to make very conservative financial choices in the face of having to compete with companies that can ignore their debt and balance sheets - and the great rush to market of new product to create demand in 2009 certainly didn't make keeping product and feature hierarchies consistent. Even so - Ford has managed to bring to market some really terrific cars, and Taurus SHO is one of them. I just look forward to the next couple of years when they will hopefully STOP nickel and diming each car - or realize that saving a few dollars on the production line by not having to support another harness variant creates bigger costs in the loss of brand equity to buyers who shake their heads because there's otherwise no good reason why they shouldn't be able to get the combination of features and performance they want - especially when they're willing to pay for it.

That's the moment when Ford will have made that last critical step from a company that's making some terrific cars into a terrific car maker.

Enjoy your new SHO!

Guest markham51

Congratulations!

Taurus SHO is an absolute pisser to drive. EcoBoost is an absolute monster - its torque curve pegged to the ceiling from 1,500 RPM on up pretty-much means instant turbo boost at almost any rev level. It's one of the best kept secrets anywhere - and a bargain for the price.

I've been thinking about a SHO to replace my 2009 Flex Limited AWD.

I LOVE the Flex. It's the best car I've owned by a WIDE margin, but the fact of the matter is that it USED to be Ford's vanguard vehicle, but they've not put a nickel into it (beyond EcoBoost, telescopic steering wheel and power 3rd row flip fold seats) since. That means, Edge, 2011 Explorer, Focus, and even Fiesta have features unavailable in Flex at ANY price - like keyless operation, adaptive cruise (the one reason why I wouldn't get the SHO performance package), BLIS, and so forth - despite all of those things being part of the MKT that rolls off of the same production line. Even the MKS (I own a 2009), as nice as it is, lacks BLIS. And hey, Ford - you've given Escape Active Park Assist to go with its EPAS unit - how about doing the same thing to Taurus and Mustang?

Anyway, I've got a TERRIFIC trade offer on my Flex which will make it the cheapest car I've ever owned too. I'm betting on 2011 Explorer (I'd buy another Flex in a heartbeat if I knew the 2012 would have everything it should), but if Explorer is too firm a ride and not as comfortable as Flex, I may punt altogether on SUV/CUV and go straight to either Taurus SHO or MKS EcoBoost. (MKS does have terrific NVH properties compared to Taurus). It just pisses me off that I'm chomping at the bit to give Ford my money - but they keep forcing me into needless compromises like an under-featured Flex (the car I REALLY want), a Taurus SHO without adaptive cruise just to get the 3.31 drive ratio, or spend $7K more for MKS - only to have it lack any high-performance axle option and no BLIS.

I know a lot of this is the result of Ford having to make very conservative financial choices in the face of having to compete with companies that can ignore their debt and balance sheets - and the great rush to market of new product to create demand in 2009 certainly didn't make keeping product and feature hierarchies consistent. Even so - Ford has managed to bring to market some really terrific cars, and Taurus SHO is one of them. I just look forward to the next couple of years when they will hopefully STOP nickel and diming each car - or realize that saving a few dollars on the production line by not having to support another harness variant creates bigger costs in the loss of brand equity to buyers who shake their heads because there's otherwise no good reason why they shouldn't be able to get the combination of features and performance they want - especially when they're willing to pay for it.

That's the moment when Ford will have made that last critical step from a company that's making some terrific cars into a terrific car maker.

Enjoy your new SHO!

I have a 2010 MKS w ecoboost and fully loaded (excl wood door trim). Its an awesome car all around. It has tons of "bells and whistles" with tons of power and grip. I know how you feel about not having Bliss and My Lincoln electronic guages etc. However it DOES have V6 fuel economy with v8 power, auto headlight bright/ dimming at night, distance managed cruise control that works even in the rain, parallel park assist, lights that move when you turn which is very usefull in our case, AWD, and incredible SYNCH system and much much more. Even more importantly...they all work very very well...first class implementations. I love the driving feel of the steering and the exterior look of the car is very appealing.

It is a bit of a catch 22 ...if Ford takes an agressive approach in implemented new technology, it is very expensive to retrofit this into an entire product line....at a fast pace. Auto assembly is a complicated process and an expensive one. Just ask Mercedes, BMW and the like which are always playing catch-up themselves. They rarely make full scale technology changes and nobody retrofitsall of them accross all models everytime a new feature comes out.

Like you...I WISH THEY COULD/WOULD!!! I tried to find out if BLISS and my Lincoln guages were going to be on the 2011s and when i found they woukdnt I bought a 2010. No dissapointments...

My daughter just bought a new (2009) FLEX and they love it. Best car they have ever owned...

When was the last time a Ford car had an

Agree 100%! We love our Flex.

Have to agree with most here. Taurus SHO is an awesome buy, great all around car. Have a neighbor that bought one. Went on a fairly long trip with them. 400 miles or so. Rides nice, lots and lots of power, and super quiet, as well as lots of room. I think it may be Fords best kept secret. Well they should let the secret out. I may buy one as our everyday commuter, also looking at the Flex due to needing 7 passenger seating (grandkids). No explorers, limited on towing, can't rent any tow behind from any company if you ever have to, (due to Firestone/Ford lawsuit), and 2005 Expedition had more room and power and nearly did as good on fuel economy, plus can pull my 23 foot boat.

Have fun with the SHO. Any thing I should know before I buy a SHO Taurus? :unsure:

Have to agree with most here. Taurus SHO is an awesome buy, great all around car. Have a neighbor that bought one. Went on a fairly long trip with them. 400 miles or so. Rides nice, lots and lots of power, and super quiet, as well as lots of room. I think it may be Fords best kept secret. Well they should let the secret out. I may buy one as our everyday commuter, also looking at the Flex due to needing 7 passenger seating (grandkids). No explorers, limited on towing, can't rent any tow behind from any company if you ever have to, (due to Firestone/Ford lawsuit), and 2005 Expedition had more room and power and nearly did as good on fuel economy, plus can pull my 23 foot boat.

Have fun with the SHO. Any thing I should know before I buy a SHO Taurus? :unsure:

Just beware on towing - Flex is limited (recommended) to 4,500 lbs. 2011 Explorer will be 5,000.

Archived