TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New 2011 GT500....

steve-o-500

I don't know if I posted my issues in getting our Shelby this year or not but here is the short of it.

I ordered a 2011 Shelby GT500 from O'meara Ford in Northglenn, Colorado. I wrote my check for the deposit and played the waiting game. After about 5 days, I was told by the dealer they wouldn't sell me the car for the price we agreed upon before, which was sticker. I was told that "upper management" wanted an extra 5K before they would put the order through to which I promptly requested my deposit back.

I went home and did a search on cars.com for the car I had spec'd out and bingo....there was one in Arizona. I called the dealer and offered well below sticker, they countered with an offer that was still below sticker so I took it.

Today, my wife and I were in the neighborhood of O'Meara Ford so I decided to drop in and see if the car was there. Well....sitting in the showroom is a new 2011 Shelby GT500, Ingot silver with the red stripes and the SVTPP. I ordered it with the electronics package as well but they seemed to have removed that from the order when they placed it.

It is a steal at $72,990! Any takers?

* I couldn't add the pic but you can check it out at www.omearaford.com *

greedy car dealers. I went through the same issues when I bought my 2010. Initially they wanted 12K over MSRP. I told them hell no. They dropped it to 5K over MSRP and placed the order. When I found the same car on EBAY that I had ordered for MSRP, then we negotiated a deal below MSRP. They seem to think they are selling collector cars off the lot, that's just not the case now. Maybe if Ford only made 100 of them.

O'meara is such a joke! I went in there before I got my 2010. 15k adjusted dealer markup! I about fell over laughing! I did take my 2010 there after I got it, and the paperwork to show them what I paid! I think there is one more guy on here with the same story! Congrats on the new car and maybe ill see you around

What a joke. Don't these people realize that by trying to gouge a price on one car, you could lose more than 3 or 4 sales down the road??

I walked into Holeman Ford in Maple Shade NJ without even knowing they had my car. I spoke to the salesman, made an offer, got treated like a king and was called back 20 minutes later with a counter offer $250 less than my offer. The $250 drop was their way of appologizing for letting me walk out the door and it was without me even asking. Not only did they get the sale on my GT500, but they'll also get the sale on my wife's new SUV in a few months and yet another sale in a few years when the next gen SVT Mustang comes out whatever it is.

That's what these shisty dealerships don't get. How can they not see that someone buying a $50K+ toy in this market has money to spend and will likely have money to spend in the future as well?? They just don't get that a customer with money that's a happy customer and customer for life, is worth SO MUCH MORE than a one time $4k or $5k profit... IDIOTS!

Ditto. O'Meara always seem to have or can get the car you want, and then they inflate the price to extreme levels. Phil Long is much easier to deal with, both on the purchase and then on the aftermarket parts and install scene. I have my 3rd mustang (2nd GT500) from them and they will continue to get my business. -HAWKBARR

Ditto. O'Meara always seem to have or can get the car you want, and then they inflate the price to extreme levels. Phil Long is much easier to deal with, both on the purchase and then on the aftermarket parts and install scene. I have my 3rd mustang (2nd GT500) from them and they will continue to get my business. -HAWKBARR

I've had the same great experience with Phil Long, but at the Co. Springs/Motor City shop, not in Denver like Hawkbarr has.

To this day when I walk in there they treat me like a king. Parts won't budge below MSRP on their Ford Racing stuff but they don't add on any either. He explained to me that they don't get a whole lot of mark-up on FRPP stuff and I understand. So I use Tousley Ford at cost + 10% or cost + $200, whichever is less sans sales tax and free shipping if the order is over $1600.oo.

I also get free oil & filter changes for the life of the warranty (if not longer) with no initial cost to me. Hell, they'll change the oil every 3 months even if I only have 300 miles on the odo.

I've never heard of "O'Meara Ford". What city is it in? If you're close to Denver or CoS, give Phil Long a shot. They're also a authorized Roush dealer (at least the Motor City shop is) and SVT Certified, with a SVT Certified Tech on site (also named "Phil").

HTH,

Phill Pollard - CoS, CO

Dealers will NEVER learn.

Think it's bad on the 500's? Hell, I can't wait to see how bad the dealer's rape people for the LS Boss. :banghead:

I've had the same great experience with Phil Long, but at the Co. Springs/Motor City shop, not in Denver like Hawkbarr has.

To this day when I walk in there they treat me like a king. Parts won't budge below MSRP on their Ford Racing stuff but they don't add on any either. He explained to me that they don't get a whole lot of mark-up on FRPP stuff and I understand. So I use Tousley Ford at cost + 10% or cost + $200, whichever is less sans sales tax and free shipping if the order is over $1600.oo.

I also get free oil & filter changes for the life of the warranty (if not longer) with no initial cost to me. Hell, they'll change the oil every 3 months even if I only have 300 miles on the odo.

I've never heard of "O'Meara Ford". What city is it in? If you're close to Denver or CoS, give Phil Long a shot. They're also a authorized Roush dealer (at least the Motor City shop is) and SVT Certified, with a SVT Certified Tech on site (also named "Phil").

HTH,

Phill Pollard - CoS, CO

Phill,

O'Meara is in North Denver/Thorton/Northglenn, right on the west side of I-25. They have Shelbys, Roush and other specialty Mustangs, and are known for jacking the price up. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the Phil Long locations!

IMO of course.

-HAWKBARR

My local dealer at the last minute tacked a $20k ADM on the 2007 I ordered. I walked.

4 years later They wanted $10k ADM on a 2011. I ordered a 2011 PP from an out of the area dealer and under MSRP.

I plan on driving by there next week and tooting the horn at the General Mgr. while the other dealer license place cover is still on.

You know the best part is my wife ripped the sales manager in the middle of the showroom floor. She mentioned that we are a part of several local Mustang clubs and online forums and that everyone would know how they do business.

Phil Long seems pretty good but when I was trying to buy ours from AZ is when I was trying to deal with them too and the dealer in AZ did us right so I didn't pursue the deal from Phil Long. I will be taking it in to them for the steering TSB though.

Steve,

Purchased ours here on the western slope, great people to deal with, under sticker, there still are some dealers that will be reasonable and work with us..................I wonder how long it will take to sell that for 72K..............stupid businessmen send them to walmart for a business lesson...................

I don't blame dealers for jacking the price way over invoice. After all they are just a bunch of money gubbers. I blame the douche bags with more money than brains for buying cars at over inflated prices. That's why the dealers do it. They know that some tool will pay the price. If noboby paid the price the dealers would get the hint.

WOW, it's amaising how diffewrent people have different experiences at the same place. I would'nt give Phil Long of Denver the time of day. Their salse staff is typical "used car sleezebags" of the greatest caliber. I like their two parts guys, Gene and Dan, but sales is a joke. Oh well, that's what makes the world go round!! In the Denver market, it's hard to beat Sill Terhar Ford in Broomfield. I got both my GT 500 from them and all my fleet vehicles. There are no "games" with them and they treat you like they want your business back.

• 3 weeks later...

Got about $2600.00 off sticker here in Ft Worth Texas. 5 Star Ford. Really up front and the surprise was I expected to pay MSRP.

Jrc, was that for one they had or is it an order?

Waiting, waiting, waiting in FTW

These are in no way shape or fashion collectors cars guys. Over 33,000 GT500's out there and growing. It is about as rare as a SVT Cobra.

So true, so true. The engine is the draw for me. If I coulda got the engine in a GT Mustang with the much more comprehensive options list as compared to a $60k Shelby Mustang I woulda!

After reading some of these stories, I realize that I had it fairly easy. I found the exact car I wanted on-line, made one call to the dealer who was two states over (Louisiana), made an offer that was well below MSRP and they called me back 15 minutes later and accepted my offer. I drove over the next day and picked it up. No haggling and no hassles.

Archived