3.73 Limited Slip Rear Axle Ratio

Dual Zone Automatic Temperature Control

Radio: Navigation System Package

SVT Performance Package

Vin1ZVBP8JS7B5132002

$55,330 MSRP

+ 3,000 Dealer mark up

:hysterical:

Interesting that there are still dealers thinking they can get this.

You should never be paying any sort of mark up on these cars now. The loaded cars can be had for $3500 LESS than sticker. I got my base model for $2800 less than sticker, I paid $47k. Talk to someone there or go elsewhere.

A dealer that would even attempt that shit should be boycotted altogether.

$55,330 MSRP

+ 3,000 Dealer mark up

:hysterical:

Interesting that there are still dealers thinking they can get this.

My local dealer had a Red/white SVTPP GT500 on his showroom. I stopped in to check it out and they have a ADM about the same range. He flat out told me 'don't pay any attention to that, it's to keep the tire kickers at bay. We wouldn't ask you for the ADM if you're interested in this car". He said it's to separate the serious buyers from the guy that comes in and says he's going to buy one, with no intention of doing so.

I suspect there are MANY dealers that do the same. Ask them what they want for the car in "real money".....

You may be surprised.

Now, I'm still waiting on that e-mail for the Blue/red SVTPP GT500 they're supposed to be getting in!

Phill

actual invoice was about $43,600 & change.

Wow! So your saying the car had almost 8k in mark up @ msrp. I didnt think any Ford had that much. Im suprised with about 50 new 2011s on ebay all the time and 400-500 on the internet that other dealers arnt discounting more. I was thinking on a low option car like mine that invoice would be like 4k under msrp.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! So your saying the car had almost 8k in mark up @ msrp. I didnt think any Ford had that much. Im suprised with about 50 new 2011s on ebay all the time and 400-500 on the internet that other dealers arnt discounting more. I was thinking on a low option car like mine that invoice would be like 4k under msrp.

Cant really see "invoice" being more than $7,500 under "msrp", I think your estimate of "$4k under" is more accurate....

I really hate you Americans!!!

Base sticker here in Canada is 59k and change. A 2011 I'm looking at options out to just over 66.5k and I'm able to get it for xplan which will chop about 4.5k off, but that's still 62k. :censored:

Whammer,

Sorry you feel that way. I have relatives in BC and have never thought like that. You have some some benefits that we don't have in the south. As for the car pricing, what are your facts for the increased price? Is your Govt. charging more? Does Ford charge more for the export? Or, is it your Dealer society that is jacking up the prices?

I have valued your inputs in the past but, a comment like that turns me somewhat.

The internet doesn't lend itself well to sarcastic comments.

I've got nothing against Americans, I've always thought America is perhaps the greatest nation in the history of the world.

The reason for the higher price is totally Ford's doing. All cars sold here in Canada by all automakers have the same price difference from those cars sold in the US.

Back when our dollar was equal to 66 cents US I could understand the price difference. But our dollar is basically at par with the US dollar and automakers are raping us. It's annoying to think that even getting a good price on a GT500 here in Canada is still 15k MORE than what some you are paying.

The dealer is offering me 34k as a trade in value on my 08 GT500 (mint condition with 6k miles on it). I'm wanting 35k, which I still think is a bargain price. If they don't give me the extra 1k then I'm out, getting raped by the dealer twice is not something I'm willing to let happen.

The internet doesn't lend itself well to sarcastic comments.

This is very common. I've been involved in Internet mail lists since darn near the beginning.

What I always tell people is, "the ONLY tone and inflection you hear in a written post is the tone/inflection YOU interject into it."

Read a post out loud in a monotone voice and it will totally change the context of it.

The inflection *I* hear is usually different from the inflection *you* hear and it's RARELY the same tone/inflection the original poster intended.

I didn't read your post with any inflamatory tone to it...because I read it using a monotone (internal) voice.

Shrug it off and all will be good again. ;-)

Phill

This is very common. I've been involved in Internet mail lists since darn near the beginning.

What I always tell people is, "the ONLY tone and inflection you hear in a written post is the tone/inflection YOU interject into it."

Read a post out loud in a monotone voice and it will totally change the context of it.

The inflection *I* hear is usually different from the inflection *you* hear and it's RARELY the same tone/inflection the original poster intended.

I didn't read your post with any inflamatory tone to it...because I read it using a monotone (internal) voice.

Shrug it off and all will be good again. ;-)

Phill

+1 !!!!

The reason for the higher price is totally Ford's doing. All cars sold here in Canada by all automakers have the same price difference from those cars sold in the US.

Back when our dollar was equal to 66 cents US I could understand the price difference. But our dollar is basically at par with the US dollar and automakers are raping us. It's annoying to think that even getting a good price on a GT500 here in Canada is still 15k MORE than what some you are paying.

It's 100 percent Ford's pricing. They are charging what the market will bear and to avoid the situation we had 8-9 years ago. There was a time for about 6 months were vehicles, including Ford's were simply cheaper in Canada. It was due to the way the exchange rate was working itself out at the time. There was a huge outrage that a vehicle produced in the states could be purchased for cheaper north of the border and in fact many of my american friends were buying here. Can you imagine if that situation repeated itself in the current economic climate, especially with the state the auto industry is in right now?

Yes it's a bit of a rip off. Yes it has a huge buffer built in just in case exchange rates go south for the Canadian dollar. At the end of the day they are insuring that this enitre model year the pricing will be above the american pricing no matter what happens. They are not likely to adjust all MSRP's in the middle of a model year therefore they are buffering for the entire year. I don't like it but I do understand it.

Luckily with the favorable exchange and Ford's warranty program you have the chocie to buy the car south of the border and retain full factory warranty. With the discount price I got in Canada + it being one of the first 2011's that landed I was fine with the small premium I paid.

If your interested, ask. My car had a $10k mark up sticker under the window sticker when I bought it for under dealer invoice. I wonder sometimes if the dealers are leaving those stickers on for two reasons. One, why the hell not if you can get one sucker to walk in and pay it. Two, to keep tire kickers and otherwise not interested customers from wasting salesman's time asking a million questions and making ridiculous offers.

if your interested in the car, make an offer, if not who cares what they ask for it. That's the beauty of a free market. They have the car that people want and they get to name their price. If it sells good for them, if it doesn't who cares other than them?? I never understood why some people got all worked up over this.

Archived