TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Painted Mirror Covers from American Muscle

I ordered the painted mirror covers from American Muscle and noticed there are three strips of double sided tape per side and wondered if anyone else has installed these and was it enough? The strips seem kinda small but the covers are really light weight and fit well so it may be enough.

Thank you

Laurence

I ordered the painted mirror covers from American Muscle and noticed there are three strips of double sided tape per side and wondered if anyone else has installed these and was it enough? The strips seem kinda small but the covers are really light weight and fit well so it may be enough.

Thank you

Laurence

I got the same set, 3-m is pretty good at making adhesives no problems yet

08sgt1289

Thank you

Laurence

Just another option. When I installed my painted mirror covers, I used a silicone adhesive, "Goop", which allowed the covers to lay snug onto the mirrors. The fit is not quite as good using the thicker 3M tape. The "Goop" adhesive remains flexible, is easy to use, and can be removed easier then with the super sticky 3M tape. My covers have been on now for over two years with no problems. (Goop can be found at most craft stores, Lowes, Home Depot, and is sometimes packaged as "plumbers" Goop but is all the same.)

Archived