TEAM SHELBY FORUM

First Vehicle Deliveries

RogerS

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cars are getting out...I think about 15 or 16 already....just not Team Shelby guys I guess.happy%20feet.gif

I say that cuz I heard there are quite a few at SEMA. I havent heard anything official though.

On Monday at the Museum, there was one sitting out front for a Museum delivery.

Mine too! We used to road race together when our kids were younger and she did real well. She got a little down on racing when we move down in class (and lost about 250hp) but she loves cars and will love this car. She complains the 500 vert is too soft - and she's right. Unlike Warren though, I asked. :salute:

LOL...

Well, my wife and I have no racing experience, but we do love to drive... (she won't drive the SGT after having an accident borrowing my RX8 a few years back, before I made the first payment! But she has a 2007 Mitsu Eclipse GT with a 6 speed and a Mivec V6, fun little go-kart...).

I'm hoping to get my car out on the track when the Bash is here in January. I watched everyone else having fun last year (missed the registration deadline), this time I gotta participate!

Jer

Well I seen the Prototype at the Mueseum Back during the summer. I guess 4 Me it's Just not my kind of car! To much Flash 4 me, I will admit, I do not like some things about the KR, the V-6 wing. The wheels are needing help too. Not all cars are built to suite everyone. And I can say I don't think driving a 350 will change my mind. I am sure people had the same argument back in the 60's, Hey mine is better, LOL. I am glad you guys are happy with your 350s and they are getting them out to you. I just want to see one at the track so we can get some real time runs in. I will be working in Vegas in April for 6 months, Maybe I can catch one at the track with my KR. Mind U it won't be stock by then.

Well I seen the Prototype at the Mueseum Back during the summer. I guess 4 Me it's Just not my kind of car! To much Flash 4 me, I will admit, I do not like some things about the KR, the V-6 wing. The wheels are needing help too. Not all cars are built to suite everyone. And I can say I don't think driving a 350 will change my mind. I am sure people had the same argument back in the 60's, Hey mine is better, LOL. I am glad you guys are happy with your 350s and they are getting them out to you. I just want to see one at the track so we can get some real time runs in. I will be working in Vegas in April for 6 months, Maybe I can catch one at the track with my KR. Mind U it won't be stock by then.

It's nice to know to don't like the car. I've been waiting for someone to go out on a limb and admit they prefer something else.

:beatdeadhorse:

Why not bring your KR out to the Vegas Bash this coming January? There should be plenty of 2011 GT350's in attendance.

Steve

I will have to say the Bottom side of the hood looks like crap! For what these cars cost, the bottom side should be Finished. Just my opinion.

Ok I can't take it......If you own one, a GT350 that is, then say what you want because you paid the coin to see it and own it. If you don't own one, shut the pie hole and move on.

Ok, now I'm good.

PS: Love the frign GT350, what a awesome car!

NOT EDITED:

Ok I can't take it......If you own one, a GT350 that is, then say what you want because you paid the coin to see it and own it. If you don't own one, shut the pie hole and move on.

Ok, now I'm good.

NOT EDITED:

LOL! Hahahahahahaha! Well said! hysterical.gif

Jer

Ok, now I'm good.

NOT EDITED:

Swedeman - right on!

You can drive my car anytime you want salute.gif

Dont get too bent over that yahoo Swede! Every crowd has a few, and Im over the comments. I get to drive my car, and all that BS just falls away into loud and sinister laughter!

(Think Highlander when the bad guy is driving and running over people kind of laughter!):hysterical:

Besides, at least I didnt post my car's arrival in the for sale section, so if that is any kind of indicator...:hysterical3: (Reference to a new arrival in the GT500 classifieds):headscratch:

There will always be detractors. Having never driven a GT350, which most people have not, I will base my opinion on what I have read from people who have driven one or actually own one. The car is incredible, perhaps the peak of modern Mustang performance. Sure there are cars out there with more HP, but are they as refined as the GT350 and post the numbers it does? That said I can only hope to one day actually own one, but until then, I will be content with my GT500 and certainly not bash such an awesome car.

And John and/or Tony better be ready to take me for a ride or two when they get their cars.

Fortunately, I've had the experience of riding in this car at speed. Mind you it was only 550hp, I can't imagine Warren's car @625.

When the car was in Seattle in July, most peoples opinions of Shelbys were overpriced collector cars/garage queens that nobody races. Oh really!!! When people were looking at the car they were commenting on how beat up it was. My comment was, "raced hard and put away wet". So Shelby was kind enough to give people test rides. Steve McCarley, president of MCA, proceeded to give them the ride of their life. He can really drive.The best part was watching peoples expressions after they got out of the car. The one I heard most often was, holy shit that car hauls ass. I just smiled and said, it doesn't even have the race tires on it. The line was long for test rides.

I think the memories instilled in people will not soon be forgotten. I've been in alot of fast cars, but what you get out of the box is a pretty impressive machine.

As far as the naysayers all I can say is, go for a ride. For those of you lucky enough to own one, enjoy them. It truly is a special car.

Archived