TEAM SHELBY FORUM

First Vehicle Deliveries

RogerS

I will have to say the Bottom side of the hood looks like crap! For what these cars cost, the bottom side should be Finished. Just my opinion.

Seriously? They are finished. They're just black.

I paid a local guy to paint the underside of my hood to look identical to these. If you've got nothing nice to say about the car, the man, or the people behind the project, check out www.ishouldhaveboughtachevy.com and leave it off the thread devoted to giving us members a first look at these cars going out for delivery.

I'll hop off my soapbox for a day or two now.

Thanks for the pics Roger - they're awesome!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup, 1000 percent agree. EVERY SINGLE person that has had me pop open the hood has commented how much they liked the underside and the quality of it.

Dude, Aaron, you need to see it first before you start bashing the cars.

I'll say this here and now- Ive been the homer of the group since I saw the car in january. Ive always liked most things about it, and then following the cars since inception and reveal, I felt like I was going to have a great idea of what I was getting. I was TOTALLY wrong. I didnt have a clue what I was getting.

I have had the car over a week now, and my heart is racing just thinking of taking it down to a local car show tomorrow.

Yup, 1000 percent agree. EVERY SINGLE person that has had me pop open the hood has commented how much they liked the underside and the quality of it.

Dude, Aaron, you need to see it first before you start bashing the cars.

I'll say this here and now- Ive been the homer of the group since I saw the car in january. Ive always liked most things about it, and then following the cars since inception and reveal, I felt like I was going to have a great idea of what I was getting. I was TOTALLY wrong. I didnt have a clue what I was getting.

I have had the car over a week now, and my heart is racing just thinking of taking it down to a local car show tomorrow.

Warren,

Congratulations on your new GT350. It's a beauty and you're a great ambassador for SAI's latest project! I'm certainly considering one.

Have there been any more deliveries? I think Dubbs was the last one or the last update of a delivery. It's been quiet lately hopefully everyone is busy hammering away. Wait that was a poor way of putting it. "Everyone is busy while they delicately work away" Much better!

Well, has anyone seen anything about any more cars being delivered after Warren's? A couple more days and we're into November.

I just never, in my wildest imagination, thought I'd be sitting here 6 months after the car was delivered to SAI still wondering when I might get my 350. I was joking early on about not making it to the BASH because of no car but now I'm actually starting to believe that's a possibility.

Now here's something funny: I called over to SPP/SAI to ask about the new engine cap set for the GT350. They told me to be sure and let them know the week before the car was finished so they could install the cap set. I don't think they understood my laughter. :hysterical:

Well, has anyone seen anything about any more cars being delivered after Warren's? A couple more days and we're into November.

I just never, in my wildest imagination, thought I'd be sitting here 6 months after the car was delivered to SAI still wondering when I might get my 350. I was joking early on about not making it to the BASH because of no car but now I'm actually starting to believe that's a possibility.

Now here's something funny: I called over to SPP/SAI to ask about the new engine cap set for the GT350. They told me to be sure and let them know the week before the car was finished so they could install the cap set. I don't think they understood my laughter. :hysterical:

I'm sure you would love to know which week you're going to get you car. So they can install the caps. :headscratch::headscratch:

That's a double head scratcher. What is that supposed to mean anyways?

And I'm with you on the delivery, never in my wildest dreams...

Uh, HELLO???!!!

Take a pen, pull the build sheet, write in "add GT350 engine cap set to car" and leave the customer out of it.

We will coordinate with SPP on the engine cap orders and install them on the line. The originals installed will be in the trunk of the car.

Roger

God bless the poor soul who can't install the GT350 engine caps themselves.

"Hell, make sure mine's delivered with the Shelby car cover on it already! Put the Shelby sunshade in the windshield! I want the valvestem caps with the little snakes on 'em all screwed on when the car arrives!"

Sorry to the offended, but... c'mon.

Jer

God bless the poor soul who can't install the GT350 engine caps themselves.

"Hell, make sure mine's delivered with the Shelby car cover on it already! Put the Shelby sunshade in the windshield! I want the valvestem caps with the little snakes on 'em all screwed on when the car arrives!"

Sorry to the offended, but... c'mon.

Jer

I don't think that was the point. When you open up the hood while picking up your cool new car it's nice to see GT350 not Shelby GT caps. It seemed a little weird to have to call 5 days before your car is ready...

I don't think that was the point. When you open up the hood while picking up your cool new car it's nice to see GT350 not Shelby GT caps. It seemed a little weird to have to call 5 days before your car is ready...

My point was "parts vs. accessories".

Ya want 3.73 gears? That's part of a "build".

Engine fluid reservoir caps? Really?

Jer

Roger,

Are you saying 4 in final production now since the last batch of almost 3 weeks ago?

There are 12 in production, 1 delivered today, another Thursday, 4 more called last week for pick up. 4 awaiting final prep prior to the call.

Roger

Never mind

OK!

I'll begin ignoring it immediately.

Thanks!

Jer

Seriously? They are finished. They're just black.

I paid a local guy to paint the underside of my hood to look identical to these. If you've got nothing nice to say about the car, the man, or the people behind the project, check out www.ishouldhaveboughtachevy.com and leave it off the thread devoted to giving us members a first look at these cars going out for delivery.

I'll hop off my soapbox for a day or two now.

Thanks for the pics Roger - they're awesome!

Dude really?? If it's finished why paint it Black? I know my 66 Shelby #873 was Black under the hood, but that was because it was raw material, but My SGT #457 and My KR #802 is painted body color, to me it is just a bad decision, Black holds heat, which if you have a SC car is bad! Plus it would look much cleaner in white. You act like I have no Love for Shelby's well your totally wrong, I am not in love with the 350 like some of you, but only because to me it has a tuner look, I am sure the Power and Handeling it amazing, Just not feeling the body mods is all. Not hating, Just giving my Opinion, sorry to offend!

Dude really?? If it's finished why paint it Black? I know my 66 Shelby #873 was Black under the hood, but that was because it was raw material, but My SGT #457 and My KR #802 is painted body color, to me it is just a bad decision, Black holds heat, which if you have a SC car is bad! Plus it would look much cleaner in white. You act like I have no Love for Shelby's well your totally wrong, I am not in love with the 350 like some of you, but only because to me it has a tuner look, I am sure the Power and Handeling it amazing, Just not feeling the body mods is all. Not hating, Just giving my Opinion, sorry to offend!

Keep in mind that those of us with a 350 pending delivery are hyper sensitive. We have had our cars on order for almost a year now and would like people to reserve judgement until at least we get a chance to see them!

I think your tuner opinion will fade once you get to see the car in person. The body kit, IMO, looks better integrated live. The Larry Woods design will endure.

Aaron, while you may not think you are hating, if you go back and look at every comment you make, you sure as heck comes across as a hater. :shrug:

I will add to McGuirk's post that on the LoneStar Stangs forum, we had a few of those opinions you have reflected about the car's looks, and after our big car show two Sundays ago, every single one of those opinions evaporated. I hear it EVERY TIME someone walks up to my car in person- first words: "Man, this looks totally different from the pictures I have seen."

I still cant figure it out. I just dont know what isnt coming across in pictures that you get in real life. Im at a disadvantage here. I was at Barrett Jackson for the unveiling, so the first time I saw it was in person. I never got a chance to see it in pictures first, so I cant tell what I wouldn't have liked. Maybe someone else who did see it that way can chime in on this.:headscratch:

The underside of the hood looks great. Why dont you do us and your rep a favor, and just hold off until you really see one in person. If I have to eat my words that your opinion will change, I will be glad to do it!

The Shelby GT, and the KR, and the GT500, and the Terlingua- they are all great cars!! This isnt the best looking car out there for everyone. I will always feel the 07-09 body style of the GT500, and KR will be the best stock design of any car ever made. That said, the GT350 just looks mean and fast sitting in a parking lot. It LOOKS like a racecar ready to pounce the track. It SOUNDS like it has everything under the hood to back up its looks. It DRIVES like it looks and sounds, and throws down better numbers stock to stock of ANY mustang ever built. That last statement is a fact, not an opinion. So while you are free to have your opinion, and it doesn't have to agree with mine or others that have ordered it, it is kind of an insult for you to come on here and nitpick every little part of the car, from its dyno numbers, to the friggin underside of the hood. (Really, the underside of the hood argument? Its black so it will be hotter? Only if I drive with the hood upside down so the sun has a chance to hit it, or drive on a mirror surfaced track.) And Im not picking on you here, just doing the exact same thing as someone else would do to me if I went to say the KR section and started dogging it because I dont like something about it, or going on the Terlingua section and complaining about too many stickers.:hysterical:

Aaron, while you may not think you are hating, if you go back and look at every comment you make, you sure as heck comes across as a hater. :shrug:

I will add to McGuirk's post that on the LoneStar Stangs forum, we had a few of those opinions you have reflected about the car's looks, and after our big car show two Sundays ago, every single one of those opinions evaporated. I hear it EVERY TIME someone walks up to my car in person- first words: "Man, this looks totally different from the pictures I have seen."

I still cant figure it out. I just dont know what isnt coming across in pictures that you get in real life. Im at a disadvantage here. I was at Barrett Jackson for the unveiling, so the first time I saw it was in person. I never got a chance to see it in pictures first, so I cant tell what I wouldn't have liked. Maybe someone else who did see it that way can chime in on this.:headscratch:

I saw it first in pix, and didn't like it. When I saw it in person, my mind changed completely. There have also been revisions since then, with the fascia becoming one-piece, the PBF and running horse badges replacing the earlier GT350 ones I didn't like, etc...

I can say that anyone who hasn't seen it in person should wait before judging... my wife finally got to check one out this weekend at the NHRA race here, and immediately opened the door and hopped in with a smile on her face, she changed her mind too.

Jer

Speaking of wives, Jer, I didnt ask my wife if I could buy this car. I went with the asking for forgiveness is better than permission mindset. I did that because she flatly would have refused another Shelby. Once she saw it, same thing. It was all smiles, and suddenly it was "our Shelby". In fact she doesnt drive a stick, so last night I put her behind the wheel, and she was ALL SMILES. I wish I would have recorded her excitement. She even let out this primal excited scream she was so excited! She did AWESOME! Much better than I did when I first drove a stick. Thats the cool thing about this car. Its all power and gives up no finesse or drivability. She was COMPLETELY comfortable with how it drove since she never got into the throttle all the way. That is the difference for US as a couple. She can drive this car. She tried driving my GT500 ONE time. She stalled it I dont remember how many times, and two miles into, she was done, and never asked to drive it again.

Im going to warn you guys with a GT500 right now with one on order: I will put my reputation on the line and say once you drive it, you will never want to drive your 500s again. Its that good!

Speaking of wives, Jer, I didnt ask my wife if I could buy this car. I went with the asking for forgiveness is better than permission mindset. I did that because she flatly would have refused another Shelby. Once she saw it, same thing. It was all smiles, and suddenly it was "our Shelby". In fact she doesnt drive a stick, so last night I put her behind the wheel, and she was ALL SMILES. I wish I would have recorded her excitement. She even let out this primal excited scream she was so excited! She did AWESOME! Much better than I did when I first drove a stick. Thats the cool thing about this car. Its all power and gives up no finesse or drivability. She was COMPLETELY comfortable with how it drove since she never got into the throttle all the way. That is the difference for US as a couple. She can drive this car. She tried driving my GT500 ONE time. She stalled it I dont remember how many times, and two miles into, she was done, and never asked to drive it again.

Im going to warn you guys with a GT500 right now with one on order: I will put my reputation on the line and say once you drive it, you will never want to drive your 500s again. Its that good!

Cool story!

My wife's a gearhead - one of the first things she did hopping into the 350 was push the clutch in to check out the shifter feel. I was so proud.

Jer

The underside of the hood looks great. Why dont you do us and your rep a favor, and just hold off until you really see one in person. If I have to eat my words that your opinion will change, I will be glad to do it!

The Shelby GT, and the KR, and the GT500, and the Terlingua- they are all great cars!! This isnt the best looking car out there for everyone. I will always feel the 07-09 body style of the GT500, and KR will be the best stock design of any car ever made. That said, the GT350 just looks mean and fast sitting in a parking lot. It LOOKS like a racecar ready to pounce the track. It SOUNDS like it has everything under the hood to back up its looks. It DRIVES like it looks and sounds, and throws down better numbers stock to stock of ANY mustang ever built. That last statement is a fact, not an opinion. So while you are free to have your opinion, and it doesn't have to agree with mine or others that have ordered it, it is kind of an insult for you to come on here and nitpick every little part of the car, from its dyno numbers, to the friggin underside of the hood. (Really, the underside of the hood argument? Its black so it will be hotter? Only if I drive with the hood upside down so the sun has a chance to hit it, or drive on a mirror surfaced track.) And Im not picking on you here, just doing the exact same thing as someone else would do to me if I went to say the KR section and started dogging it because I dont like something about it, or going on the Terlingua section and complaining about too many stickers.:hysterical:

Hearing how happy you are Dubbs, is good enough for me, afterall, that IS what it is all about, great story on the wife driving the car too! :salute:

Cool story!

My wife's a gearhead - one of the first things she did hopping into the 350 was push the clutch in to check out the shifter feel. I was so proud.

Jer

Mine too! We used to road race together when our kids were younger and she did real well. She got a little down on racing when we move down in class (and lost about 250hp) but she loves cars and will love this car. She complains the 500 vert is too soft - and she's right. Unlike Warren though, I asked. :salute:

Archived