TEAM SHELBY FORUM

First Vehicle Deliveries

RogerS

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I asked how CS was gonna drive and sign the cars, I was told it was only if he is able, and he is not able at this time.

Well, when the car was first unvieled I watched it. Everyone was told that each car would be signed.

Since that was promised, the easy solution to the "availability" is this:

1. SA remove the passenger side airbag cover.

2. Send them to the foundation for Carroll to sign at his convience.

3. Re-install the passenger side airbag cover before the car is delivered.

To even make this process easier and simpler for SA all they need to do is pre-purchase 50 airbag covers and send them over to the foundation so Carroll could start pre-signing then when he is available or feels up to the task. This way SA would have a stock of these on hand. They could then replenish there stock with the "take offs" from the other cars.

This is very "do-able" and should be done since it was promised at the big unvieling.

When I asked how CS was gonna drive and sign the cars, I was told it was only if he is able, and he is not able at this time.

Are you saying that some of the cars are going to be driven and signed, but some are not ?:headscratch:

Are you saying that some of the cars are going to be driven and signed, but some are not ?:headscratch:

That's the way it looks right now. The drive and sign promise sounded good at the time but was never feasible in my mind. Now they they have to deal with yet another issue. Probably not the greatest move...

That's the way it looks right now. The drive and sign promise sounded good at the time but was never feasible in my mind. Now they they have to deal with yet another issue. Probably not the greatest move...

It would not be fair to the buyers if only some of the cars recieved the promise and others did not. The easy and fair solution is to do what I suggested in post #32.

I'm not buying one of these cars, but what sticks out in my mind is the unvieling of the car and what was told at that unvieling. I thought it was very cool that the namesake of the car was going to make each car personal.

I hope SA does the right thing for you guys.

Well, I dont disagree with the sentiment stated here, but I dont really care at this point. I just want my car. I do seem to remember hearing the caveat of "if he is able", so I cant complain. I also remember at the time thinking it would probably not happen.

I want my car, too. But I have to agree with Grabber on this one. With all the notoriety surrounding Carroll's personal involvement in these cars, especially including his signature, for it to be missing now is inexcusable. Those cars have been sitting there since June and surely could have been signed (at least!!) during that period of time. We've all seen the pictures of Carroll at the shop looking over the cars, and I'm guessing he's been there more than once during this long period of time.

I know that TS members are till able to send items in for Carroll's signature. But for the GT350 he's "unavailable"? Something's very wrong here.

John

Well, I dont disagree with the sentiment stated here, but I dont really care at this point. I just want my car. I do seem to remember hearing the caveat of "if he is able", so I cant complain. I also remember at the time thinking it would probably not happen.

This is my last post on this topic.......but I do want to point out that you are WRONG on this. During the unveiling it was not stated "if he is able".

...I don't argue that later on this was said, but that is not what was promised when the car was introduced. That was my point.

I totally understand that Carroll is getting older and less available to physically get into each car, but he still signs airbag covers all the time. This would of been very easy to coordinate if someone wanted to make good on the commitment.

I was at the unveiling of this car at Barrett Jackson in Palm Beach and it was communicated verbally that CS would sign them. When I received my brochure it did have ** Subject to availability** . I did not question it at the time of order. With that said it would not be fair to us that ordered and paid for this car way back in June and not have CS signature on it.

At this point I just want my car and have grown tired of the challenges that we are faced with every day. It did help me by visiting Shelby and seeing this car in person. I think!:banghead:

Hey Rob, I like your idea, and hope they at least do that, but I was actually there, and it was said that would be contingent on his ability to do so. At the podium? I dont remember, but I had a "moment" where I turned to someone there with us and said, well, that is their out on that happening, and knew at that moment it would likely not happen.

My brother, John Keller, Don O'Brien, Mike Stacy and Fadi were there, along with Big Larry, so maybe one of them can remember better than me.

I could more easily understand the not driving each car more than I could the not signing each car. The time commitment and physical demand would be much different between the two. And sure, we could each take the air bag cover off and send it in and replace it etc, etc. But that wasn't the deal. I'm not a happy camper!

John

Understand that Carroll Shelby is coming on 88 years old this January. There are things that Carroll thinks he can do and certainly wants to do. Whenever he comes to Vegas, he attempts to get a lot done and we all are very appreciative of his input and relationship that he has rekindled and grown with Ford.

If Carroll could physically get into every car and drive it, he would. If he could sit in every GT350 and sign it, he would. If he could sign items like he used to, he would. The truth of the matter is that he's 88 and cannot do everything that is asked of him.

There is sooooooooo much that Carroll wants to do and be part of. He still has big dreams and ambitions that he shares with us. . . .it's like he's still in his prime. He loves the brand and he cares about how you feel about it and him too.

But really - give the guy a break - to be involved at this late stage in his life is testament in of itself. He could have easily retired and walked away several times but he gets up every day to fight the fight against GM, Chrysler and everyone else. :salute:

Enjoy your GT350 - Carroll's heart and soul are certainly part of them. . .signature or not.

Here is a shot of 3 of the first 4 vehicles lined up at Shelby American, Inc. in Las Vegas in process of final inspection prior to delivery and customer notification yesterday.

While it has been a long road you cannot imagine the site for visitors when there were able to see them staged in a row! It was quite a specacular event. At times we had trouble inspecting the vehicles due to the crowd that gathered. Cameras, cell phones, video, it was quite a sight. Pictured is #0003P, #0104, #0042

Also the first vehicle, #00350 was loaded on a transporter headed for Florida. Very busy day at Shelby and some very happy and excited customers. More to come. :)

Congrats to everyone involved....truly COOL!!!!!!

Dang guys,

Some of us have waited 10 months for this car, do we really have to get dragged down by the things that didnt quite work out?

How about we focus on the fact that you bought a car and had no idea of its true performance numbers....now that you know them, you have the best mustang ever made. Look, I love CS too, but his sharpie wont make the car any faster.

Well said Robert...Ive got great memories with Carroll, and thats all I will ever really need.

Understand that Carroll Shelby is coming on 88 years old this January. There are things that Carroll thinks he can do and certainly wants to do. Whenever he comes to Vegas, he attempts to get a lot done and we all are very appreciative of his input and relationship that he has rekindled and grown with Ford.

If Carroll could physically get into every car and drive it, he would. If he could sit in every GT350 and sign it, he would. If he could sign items like he used to, he would. The truth of the matter is that he's 88 and cannot do everything that is asked of him.

There is sooooooooo much that Carroll wants to do and be part of. He still has big dreams and ambitions that he shares with us. . . .it's like he's still in his prime. He loves the brand and he cares about how you feel about it and him too.

But really - give the guy a break - to be involved at this late stage in his life is testament in of itself. He could have easily retired and walked away several times but he gets up every day to fight the fight against GM, Chrysler and everyone else. :salute:

Enjoy your GT350 - Carroll's heart and soul are certainly part of them. . .signature or not.

Well said Robert.

Dang guys,

Some of us have waited 10 months for this car, do we really have to get dragged down by the things that didnt quite work out?

How about we focus on the fact that you bought a car and had no idea of its true performance numbers....now that you know them, you have the best mustang ever made. Look, I love CS too, but his sharpie wont make the car any faster.

Well said Robert...Ive got great memories with Carroll, and thats all I will ever really need.

Signatures and stickers make more HP. My Terlingua is proof of this! (really, this is a joke and if you think signatures and stickers make you faster, you'll get a :hysterical3: ).

Anyways, I'm more interested in the book that goes along with museum delivery and all the photo's of the build process. That and I want all the people who have built the car to sign the car. I'll do what we'll all have to do and that is send in the airbag cover to be signed.

Rick

Yeah Rick, Exactly. After having a night to sleep on it, I'm even a little more okay with it. You know, Carroll is at a point in his life where if he does one thing, he may not have a chance to do something else. I hope and wish for him to spend his remaining time with his family, and his friends, and as little time as he needs to keep SA pointed in the right direction. He could have easily folded this whole thing up, and sent us on our way, but he has spent SO much time getting this build done, that as much as it costs to get, it is still a gift that we even have this opportunity to own a GT350. :salute:

Thank you Carroll. Im not gonna have any less of a smile on my face when I get handed the keys.

Now that said, what I have heard about the museum delviery option is that we are getting some REALLY cool things, and I also agree with Rick, that the leatherbound book should still be included. I hope that has been followed through on, and from my conversations with Roger, I beleive it has.

Robert, here's a suggestion. How about photos? When Carroll comes to Vegas, get shots of him standing by some of the cars. It won't be all of them, but it's easier than getting into them and signing each one, and probably just as (if not more) memorable to the owner.

Pretty cool. Thanks for the pictures Roger!

Just saw one in person... WOW... Pictures don't do it justice. The fit and finish are world class...

Jer

Nice talking to you today Jer!

Same here!

Jer

Right on Robert. I think we sometimes forget Carrolls age when we see what he is doing with the future performance cars, just like he did in the 60`s. We have to remember he is not 35 any more. I can`t think of anyone out there doing what he is at his age. I remember in the 80`s at the SAAC coventions Carroll walked around & would talk to the owners sit in their cars & sign what ever you wanted. We are all LUCKY he hasn`t retired.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived