TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Gray dots in my blue paint, GT500

pmustang

This is going to be a good one.

I have a blue GT500, 2007, There continually appears gray/silver dots in my paint, The autoglym guy took a look at them at a show and brought and the claybar and it did nothing, My friend took out his meguiers clay bar and it did nothing. They are not raised at all. They are completely smooth with the surface of the paint, The are mainly on the sides of the car and NOT the top (where you would think fallout would be) They can be removed but only by concentrating on each one with a rag and some wax and continually rubbing. They do dissappear from the outside in, kind of like when you remove paint spots. They are not kicked up from the road as they are not in the right areas. Has anyone else found this with the blue cars? I am wondering if its some sort of paint problem. Otherwise the car shines well and the paint looks perfect. I just have these specs on the paint or dots would be a better description. I remove them and several days later they re-appear.

Any suggestions welcome.

Peter

yep, mine is vista as well. Just took about 75-100 off the car after washing it, they keep re-appearing which is the strange thing, Almost all on one side of the car as well!!! crazy. Peter

What about tire dressing ? Being on the sides makes me think it's something coming off the tires. Sometimes I have tire dressing up high on the sides, but it comes off easily (I use Meguairs).

I don't use any dressing,

The dots are literally from the top of the roof and hood, also a few on the rear wing to the sides where they are fount from the front fenders to the rear quarters. Nothing to relate to the dynamics of the car. I.E. not clustered at the front leading edge of the car or on the areas behind the tyres. Not even all on the level surfaces where they would fall if it was fallout. this is very very strange.

Peter

Peter,

Is your car kept in a garage? If not, it may be water from a lawn sprinkler. A friend of mine is fighting water spots from a sprinkler.

I have a 2009 Vista Blue car and the paint is fine. No water spots to speak of but then again, this car sits in a garage and never sees rain, dew, or sprinklers.

I was at a show and the autoglym guy was there, Has his huge van full of goodies. I invited him over to my car and he got out the clay and started at it. I watched as he rubbed and rubbed and NOTHING, he was amazed. My buddy also tried some meguiers (sp?) clay and it did nothing. Only elbow grease and wax seem to take them off. Lots of effort.

I will try the other forum. Many thanks. Peter

Archived