TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Four post lift

stevedm

Does anyone here have a lift in their garage? I'm thinking of getting one for oil changes, exhaust work, etc. They arnt that much money...around 2K shipped. I am just curious if anyone here has experience with one.

Thanks,

STephen

I have one from Direct Lift and I love it.

4 posts are great for basic maintnance and added parking room, but I think I've decided to go with a 2 post because of the added ability to do more suspension and wheel changes. You can always throw a jack up onto the rails of a 4 post, but having worked extesively on 4 posts in the past, the limitations are a little too much for me for what I want. It would be great if I had the room to have one of each (because like you said, they are very afforable) but I just don't have it right now. Greg Smith Lifts is another company you might want to look into. I've seen great reviews on their lifts and prices.

4 post are great for storing cars, and for just getting under them to clean etc. If you think you are going to really work on your car using the lift, you need to get a 2 post lift. What ever you get, make sure it isn't Chinese junk. Many companies get their lifts from China and overrate them as far as how much they can safely lift . I have heard that Greg Smith Lifts has very good, high quality lifts and you will pay no more for them. Don't skimp on your safety to save a few bucks..just saying

4 post are great for storing cars, and for just getting under them to clean etc. If you think you are going to really work on your car using the lift, you need to get a 2 post lift. What ever you get, make sure it isn't Chinese junk. Many companies get their lifts from China and overrate them as far as how much they can safely lift . I have heard that Greg Smith Lifts has very good, high quality lifts and you will pay no more for them. Don't skimp on your safety to save a few bucks..just saying

A 4 post with a bridge jack is just as versitile as a 2 post. I wouldn't trade mine....

4 posts are great for basic maintnance and added parking room, but I think I've decided to go with a 2 post because of the added ability to do more suspension and wheel changes. You can always throw a jack up onto the rails of a 4 post, but having worked extesively on 4 posts in the past, the limitations are a little too much for me for what I want. It would be great if I had the room to have one of each (because like you said, they are very afforable) but I just don't have it right now. Greg Smith Lifts is another company you might want to look into. I've seen great reviews on their lifts and prices.

The pic of your 500 is really nice! Waht a great color combo...I like 2 posts as well...

Have a 4-post Bendpac HD-9.......no problems, works great, a little more "heavy-duty" construction than your typical "chinese-made" lift, and uses air(compressor) to unlock the safety locks.....Very satisfied & recommend it to all my friends :D

Me too!! I just need a taller garage!!

P1000846.JPG

The rolling bridge jack works great but the rails can get in the way when cleaning or painting... Having a two post for some jobs would be nice too!!

DSC01287.JPG

Archived