TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Guys with 11's, what mods have you done so far?

Crushinator

Just wondering. My car is still stock and its driving me crazy. All the tuners websites I'm looking at say the parts are for '10's. Being new to

Shelby's, I dont have a clue if parts for '10's will fit my car or not. I'd love to do and exhaust first, but I thought the '11's went to a larger stock exhaust.

Does that mean any exhaust system for a '10 wont fit?

If anyone has done an exhaust on an '11, what system did you go with? I'm looking for something with a nice '60's big block rumble, but not too

obnoxious. I've heard there's a Roush muffler that really wakes the car up. Anyone familiar with it?

Just wondering. My car is still stock and its driving me crazy. All the tuners websites I'm looking at say the parts are for '10's. Being new to

Shelby's, I dont have a clue if parts for '10's will fit my car or not. I'd love to do and exhaust first, but I thought the '11's went to a larger stock exhaust.

If anyone has done an exhaust on an '11, what system did you go with? I'm looking for something with a nice '60's big block rumble, but not too

obnoxious. I've heard there's a Roush muffler that really wakes the car up. Anyone familiar with it?

check out Alex's link I think they are doing 11s now

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/60512-the-mms-muffler-sound-clip-thread/page__p__1031337#entry1031337

The 2011's are different than the 2010's and obviously, the '07-'09 models.

Ford Racing Performance Parts is already offering quite a few 2011 specific parts on their site (available through any Ford dealership and various indy sites).

I just saw a set of 2011 FRPP mufflers became available. They also have the FRPP/Whipple 2.9L 750HP supercharger for the 2011 now. I also found that FRPP is selling the SVT Performance Pack WHEEL package, front (9" wide) and rear (10" wide) for $499.00 each (same as a set of Shelby Alcoa Dura-Bright wheels). I also just posted a link to the FRPP 2011 FR3 handling package that is in the "new parts" section of the FRPP site.

Some of the aftermarket tuners are starting to work with the '11's too. I *think* Justin Starkey at VMP is tuning them and he's highly regarded in the GT500 ranks.

Yes, the exhaust diameter is larger on the 2011 than all previous models so you will need '11 specific mufflers. The PCM is apparently different and you need a '11 specific tune too.

My biggest fear is, the 2010 GT500 is going to have a "one year only" parts availability issue in the future since it is different from all previous years AND the next subsequent year.

Parts may be hard to find for them in the future....

Phill

Ford Racing Performance Parts is already offering quite a few 2011 specific parts on their site (available through any Ford dealership and various indy sites).

I just saw a set of 2011 FRPP mufflers became available. They also have the FRPP/Whipple 2.9L 750HP supercharger for the 2011 now. I also found that FRPP is selling the SVT Performance Pack WHEEL package, front (9" wide) and rear (10" wide) for $499.00 each (same as a set of Shelby Alcoa Dura-Bright wheels). I also just posted a link to the FRPP 2011 FR3 handling package that is in the "new parts" section of the FRPP site.

Some of the aftermarket tuners are starting to work with the '11's too. I *think* Justin Starkey at VMP is tuning them and he's highly regarded in the GT500 ranks.

Yes, the exhaust diameter is larger on the 2011 than all previous models so you will need '11 specific mufflers. The PCM is apparently different and you need a '11 specific tune too.

My biggest fear is, the 2010 GT500 is going to have a "one year only" parts availability issue in the future since it is different from all previous years AND the next subsequent year.

Parts may be hard to find for them in the future....

Phill

The 2010 works fine with the 07-09 performance parts and 2010+ exterior mods. The only part where there could be some issues is the muffler and having the right length.

I was looked on Lethal Performance's sight and they had some stuff for the 2011 GT500. A few muffler set ups and stuff for the engine too. I also know that on their sight, they only have the FRPP shorties as the shorty headers and The ARH and Kooks Headers as long tubes. I also found on Stainless Works' website that they also developed long tubes, midpipes and mufflers for the 2011 model.

Patience grasshopper.....all good things come in time....this car is way diff then previous models...im giving the aftermarket some time wrt performance mods....I'm in no hurry...tho Ive only installed Fore rails....

Yes, the goodies will come in soon enough !! Can't wait !! As Phil points out, the FRPP/Whipple 2.9L 750HP supercharger for the 2011 is out and more to come!

-HAWKBARR

I just saw a set of 2011 FRPP mufflers became available. They alor the 2011 now. I also found that FRPP is selling the SVT Performance Pack WHEEL package, front (9" wide) and rear (10" wide) for $499.00 each.

Phill

Do you have a link to these wheels? I can't seem to locate them in their catalog.

Thanks

Do you have a link to these wheels? I can't seem to locate them in their catalog.

Thanks

I don't think they'll be in the catalog as I found them with the "new parts" listing. I found them in the "3 months new" section.

And in another post, I explained that they don't appear to be true 20"/19" SVT PP wheels but 19"/19" SVT PP LOOKING wheels. Both the part description and the part numbers indicate they are 19"x10" (rear) and 19"x9" (front) wheels.

LINKS;

Fr: http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=12305

Rr: http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=12304

Hope That Helps/HTH,

Phill

Yes, the goodies will come in soon enough !! Can't wait !! As Phil points out, the FRPP/Whipple 2.9L 750HP supercharger for the 2011 is out and more to come!

-HAWKBARR

Hawkbarr,

If you go here (FRPP "3 months new" parts: http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/newpartlist.asp?d=90

You will find quite a few new items specific to your 2011 SVT Mustang.

49 and 50 State mufflers, FR3 Handling Pack, Whipple 2.9L (750HP) supercharger, both full upgrade and just the supercharger, polished or black, 19" SVTPP looking wheels, etc.

A lot of the individual parts are now listed for the 2011's too (i.e. 2005-2011).

I expect the aftermarket to catch up real soon so the longer you wait.....

Hey, when I bought my 2010 I became VERY frustrated with the lack of parts availability. And the market is *still* trying to catch up on the 2010's.

It's hard to wait when I'm not a patient man!

Phill

2011 Perormance Packs

The 2011 links appear to have issues. The wheels are under the Power Options sections? No pricing for the handling pack yet? Hopefully they will be straightened out over the next few days.

SVTPP wheel links at: Rear SVTPP Wheel and Front SVTPP wheel

But if you click around on the site long enough you can find the SVTPP wheels, peformance mufflers, handling and supercharger packs for the 2011 GT500.

I'd be somewhat suspect of some of the ads for 2011 parts on other vendor sites. Many went up the day after 2011 GT500s became available. The vendors just changing 2010 to 2011 on thier websites under the assumption that stuff from a 2010 would bolt on a 2011. While probably true for stuff like hood struts, shift kits, and body parts, it did take 5-6 months for the real Ford Racing Supercharger Pack with 2011 tune to show up. Tunes for 2011 pully kits also just started appearing about a month or so ago.

It is still open for debate whether the handling kits various vendors offer are an upgrade or downgrade for those of us who have the SVTPP factory option. Similarly, I haven't seen the Goodyears that come with the SVTPP compared against other options in any sort of measured testing. My general suspicion is that any tire that isn't a true race-compond or that is much wider will at best be a side-grade. Also some room for debate in how effective the aftermarket intercooler cooling upgrades will be compared to the factory upgrades the 2011s have.

Anyway, like I suspect many other 2011 owners, I've been enjoying the car stock, waiting on Ford Racing parts to appear, the above questions to be answered, and a few of Fords obligatory TSBs to be put out and other teething issues to be worked out on my car before diving in on the mod-game.

No pricing for the handling pack yet?

I always hit the "new parts" section of the FRPP site first and the link to the 2011 FR3 Handling Pack does list a price for it:

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=12459

$1799.95

I did see the link you provided but it's the "Tech Notes" for the FR3, not the parts description and listing.,,,which oddly enough, is NOT linked from the URL I posted! (it is on previous years).

Check out the new FRPP mufflers they have in the new parts section. They are VERY proud of them! (I thought the 2010 mufflers were overpriced!)

HTH,

Phill

-HAWKBARR

Yea, there's a guy over on svtperformance doing a full thread on his install...great details...thread starts with armeggedon....page four of it starts the SC install....

Hawkbarr,

If you go here (FRPP "3 months new" parts: http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/newpartlist.asp?d=90

You will find quite a few new items specific to your 2011 SVT Mustang.

49 and 50 State mufflers, FR3 Handling Pack, Whipple 2.9L (750HP) supercharger, both full upgrade and just the supercharger, polished or black, 19" SVTPP looking wheels, etc.

A lot of the individual parts are now listed for the 2011's too (i.e. 2005-2011).

I expect the aftermarket to catch up real soon so the longer you wait.....

Hey, when I bought my 2010 I became VERY frustrated with the lack of parts availability. And the market is *still* trying to catch up on the 2010's.

It's hard to wait when I'm not a patient man!

Phill

Thanks Phil, The '11 handles so much better than the '10, so I want to focus on the power upgrades for now. I'm looking at the new FRPP mufflers ( M-5320-MSVTLA) and also the bigger 2.9 blowers, but also weighing the SS package as you know. Only thing I have done so far is to have my windows tinted, which looks awesome. Decisions, decisions......the dilema continues !! I know you are in the same position. -HAWKBARR

Thanks Phil, The '11 handles so much better than the '10, so I want to focus on the power upgrades for now. I'm looking at the new FRPP mufflers ( M-5320-MSVTLA) and also the bigger 2.9 blowers, but also weighing the SS package as you know. Only thing I have done so far is to have my windows tinted, which looks awesome. Decisions, decisions......the dilema continues !! I know you are in the same position. -HAWKBARR

I am in the same boat. I love the SS look but not the price.

Count me in on the SS package. It's sexy as hell but the price sort of ruins the mood. It's like getting the sexiest model you can think of walk into your room and start undressing only to find out she's hairier than you.

I'm waiting eagerly to see what works out for everyone. This is my first car so I'm new to the mod-game and I'm not sure what all of this mumbo jumbo does. I want to keep the car stock because I have this crazy idea that the car isn't legit if it isn't packing all ford / shelby parts. It's pretty much why I've only looked at the SS package so far (and walked away).

Plus, I don't want to start buying individual parts here and there only to end up one day getting the SS and have to pay for the same components twice. I hear Shelby doesn't care if you purchased shelby parts that are already in the kit - the package is a standard price regardless. That scares me from doing anything significant right now.

Archived