TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Who is the Carroll Shelby Wheel Company?

Bends

Does any one have info about this company and the quality of their products.

I really like the CS67 in 20 inches, and I am considering them as street rims for my car.

They're in Huntingron Beach, CA, I think... here's some info on the wheels at MustangBlog.com if you were looking for that.

Here's the main Shelby Wheels webite. I kinda like the CS56s in "Hyper Silver" -- reminescent of the Boss 302 Follmer/PJ Trans-Am wheels ;-)

-Dan

Does any one have info about this company and the quality of their products.

I really like the CS67 in 20 inches, and I am considering them as street rims for my car.

Check with them before ordering the CS67s. I want them too but they do not fit the GT500. The 20" CS66s do and the 67s are supposed to be revised to fit.

I think there is a difference between the American Racing Shelby wheels and the Carrol Shelby Wheels Company wheels. Two different licences and two different companies. This is the first I have heard from anyone that AR is building the wheels for CSW company. Although they are both China sourced cast wheels.

I think there is a difference between the American Racing Shelby wheels and the Carrol Shelby Wheels Company wheels. Two different licences and two different companies. This is the first I have heard from anyone that AR is building the wheels for CSW company. Although they are both China sourced cast wheels.

Ah, I see your point, jct... I was assuming (incorrectly?) that Carroll Shelby Wheel Company was a subsid of Shelby (which I do not know) who markets the wheels directly to Ford dealers for their aftermarket needs. But from the licensing words on their site, they may be unrelated.

I don't know which [if any] are made in China. Personally, I buy avoid buying anything that sends my money out of the US if I can help it, but that's just me.

In one of Amy Bs threads she was very clear though that [some of] the AR Shelby wheels are made in the USA -- the billet ones, I believe. Someone else had mentioned China as well and she responded to that, but I do not recall which wheels specifically she was correcting the poster on.

-Dan

They are definitely not American Racing. I spoke with a gentleman from the company today concerning fitment on the GT500. No go on the CS67. The CS66 will be available soon in 20's that will fit on our GT500's. He also stated that a new style will be coming out, called the CS69, that is a perfect fit for the GT500.

Currently they have no plans to offer the CS56 in the correct offset for the GT500.

If you like that style, did you check out the Saleen Parnelli Jones wheels? Very simular in style, but larger in size (19's).

http://www.saleen.com/saleen-parnellijones.htm

FYI - I'm trying to get more info on the CS69's.

Currently they have no plans to offer the CS56 in the correct offset for the GT500.

If you like that style, did you check out the Saleen Parnelli Jones wheels? Very simular in style, but larger in size (19's).

http://www.saleen.com/saleen-parnellijones.htm

FYI - I'm trying to get more info on the CS69's.

Yeah, I've seen the Saleen-PJs -- very nice... They look very similar to the classic TransAm wheels but have less spokes. The CS56s looked a little closer to the originals. Thanks...

-Dan

To me the CS69s look too much like a Mach1 wheel. Not that the Mach 1 wheels are bad, just not Shelby like. Had really hoped they would rework the 20x9 CS67 to fit the front of the Shelby. I will likely end up with the CS66s but am waiting to see a photo of the CS69 in chrome. There is a photo of the grey version CS69 over at TheMustangSource in the Marketplace OEM section.

Archived